30 August 2006 - Canada

Started by Zorro, August 29, 2006, 08:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorro

That REALLY looks like a bottle of whisky.   :erk

xHaZxMaTx

Really?  Looks like a maple leaf to me. :P

Akisohida

Maple whisky! Everything from Canada is maple! Maple syrup, maple whisky, maple butter, maple corn, maple maple... :D They even have Maple Mows!
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

bill

topher chee

i thought it was perfume at first haha :laugh

King Of Hearts

So... do we have to throw it in Mount Doom?

xHaZxMaTx

That depends... does maple syrup make you invisible? :3

GabrielsThoughts

A shame she won't be able to enjoy "Jack Daniels Mustard"... it's mmmm good, and I'm fairly certain they don't have good quality Jones Soda, or Virgin Cola there either. (hurray for Nevada where all the copper mining companies belong to cannadians... and all the lithium mines belong to americans.)
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Supercheese

Based on the size ratio, she should have enough maple syrup to last her exactly 23,748 pancakes/waffles/french toast...es.

Regal

Quote from: Zorro on August 29, 2006, 08:44:01 PM
That REALLY looks like a bottle of whisky.   :erk

SHHHH! What do you think she used to influence the border guard? :sweatdrop

topher chee

Quote from: Regal on August 29, 2006, 11:49:34 PM
Quote from: Zorro on August 29, 2006, 08:44:01 PM
That REALLY looks like a bottle of whisky. :erk

SHHHH! What do you think she used to influence the border guard? :sweatdrop

:mowhappy

Thrawn

I got a bottle of syrup that looks just like that from a friend in Canada. I haven't used it yet though...

topher chee

James StarRunner

Actually, I've seen that same style bottle. It is maple syrup.

Reese Tora

We've had one of those bottles of syrup sitting on our kitchen table for the longest time.  I don't recall what happened to it. (remodling)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Zedd

lucas marcone

america feels empty now..... now there is nothing stopping me from moveing to europe! .....except that my collage of choice happens to lay in the state i live in already...

Gabi

I wonder where the picture came from.

But that was really lazy... Reusing old strip titles?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Light Wolf

On a side note. Is it just me, or did someone else notice that the comic looks more, dodged, a lot lighted than usual, or maybe it's just my eyes playing with me... :mowdizzy

Rowne

This latest comic really made me giggle, this is because Amber has a very good grasp on how "And now for something completely different." should be used.  It should involve something gigantic at least.  A gigantic bottle of maple-leaf alcohol/syrup just about does it.

Now I'm just waiting for one of the characters to 'go Canadian' to freak out the rest of Lost Lake.  Mer would be the perfect candidate since he's been away for a while.

What did they DO to you ... and what's with the omnipresent leaf motif?

Oi, don't diss the leaf, eh?  The leaf is all.

Lucheek

That's one cool sryup container. I'm glad Amber made it okay. ^_^;

llearch n'n'daCorna

Light Wolf: the fonts are slightly different, since Amber has been using her brothers desktop, and is missing many of her personal fonts.

Any other changes are caused by the above effects, and will probably be slightly different again once she gets her machine up and working. And aren't a bad thing, since change is omnipresent anyway. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ITOS

Quote from: Gabi on August 30, 2006, 06:40:32 AM
But that was really lazy... Reusing old strip titles?
There is an important difference. The old one has a "!" while the new one has ".". :P

Quote from: Lucheek on August 30, 2006, 08:08:31 AM
That's one cool sryup container. I'm glad Amber made it okay. ^_^;
Seconded!
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Amber Williams

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 30, 2006, 08:24:16 AM
Light Wolf: the fonts are slightly different, since Amber has been using her brothers desktop, and is missing many of her personal fonts.

Any other changes are caused by the above effects, and will probably be slightly different again once she gets her machine up and working. And aren't a bad thing, since change is omnipresent anyway. :-)

actually, this comic was done on the new computer.  And like all new computers, it is different from the old computer that I spent 3 years working on.  Not incredibly different, but enough so that I have to make adjustements and reset a few things.

For instance, the new monitor is not only an LCD(which is going to take some getting used to in the colour department), it is also running at 1280x800 resolution as its a bit wider than it is tall.   So I'm having to deal with new resolutions and a slight colour shift...the end result will most likely be that(like I warned before) there will be a slight adjustment as I work towards getting a new pattern.

Zedd

I know you and me dont see eye to eye very well Amber but I just wish ya luck this new computer dont piss ya outs liek the last one..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Amber Panyko on August 30, 2006, 01:15:01 PM
actually, this comic was done on the new computer.  And like all new computers, it is different from the old computer that I spent 3 years working on.  Not incredibly different, but enough so that I have to make adjustements and reset a few things.

Oh, was it? Neat. Looking closely (ie, nitpicking detail level :-) I see the fonts changed from 670 to 671 (when you started on yoru brothers machine) and then back again, in the latest one.

So. Looks like things are lookign up :-)

(woot! I got an Amber response, woohoo! *giggles like a schoolgirl* :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

topher chee

xHaZxMaTx

To be perfectly honest, I like the 'new' style. :)

Zedd

luiqui

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 30, 2006, 02:43:53 PM
I see the fonts changed from 670 to 671 (when you started on yoru brothers machine) and then back again, in the latest one.

I have a question for you. Are you some kind of robot? And if so, what kind of robot? Cause if you had laser eye beams, that'd be really awesome. :mowtongue

*Yes, that's very similar to something Strong Bad said. He is my teacher in the ways of the good and the awesome*