19/11/12 [DMFA #1354] - Calculated Boredom

Started by Wurgel, November 19, 2012, 06:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wurgel

So the Undead know how to torture Kria for her brother's deeds.

VAE

Nice job there by the Trik'na island local government, probably making sure diplomatic visits take as little of their time as possible.
Or maybe.. Hmm, now I wonder if there are any canon cubi that feed on boredom.
And I see Powerpoint is apparently universe-class in preparing awful presentations.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Starcat5

Alphe wipes the whole place out before Kria even gets there. Calling it now.

...because ol` DP was declared on the war path some time ago, and this looks to be an excellent segue into bringing that back up.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

joshofspam

Hmmmmmmm, so Trik'na is filled with undead trolls?

Though in all seriousness, this sounds like a way to keep some of the problems the living have off of their lands.

After all, if they made their island into a utopia, how long would it be until one of the other Creatures or Beings try to take it over if it was really nice place?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Grey Wolf

Is the last panel actually happening, or is that a snapshot into Kria's imagination?
'Cause either way, it's hilarious.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

TacticalError

So what units do the undead measure boredom in? And how do you calculate it?

Lying Foo

These have got to be the healthiest-looking undead we've seen thus far...
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: VAE on November 19, 2012, 06:59:23 AMAnd I see Powerpoint is apparently universe-class in preparing awful presentations.

It's not Powerpoint that makes awful presentation, it's the presentation preparers that do that. PP is just a tool.

Nothing to rant about? I thought that was a good thing, no sickness, no additional financial burdens, etc. :mowmeep
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Merlin

Wanna pat that dead sheep, wanna pat that dead sheep. Oh so fluffy :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Starcat5 on November 19, 2012, 07:56:13 AM
...because ol` DP was declared on the war path some time ago, and this looks to be an excellent segway (sp?) into bringing that back up.

Segue. Because Segway(tm) is the device you ride on.

Speaking of devices, I do like how Amber has managed this. And the undead taur and griffin? Interesting. How would undead catch a flying creature, to start with? (I'm presuming undead, but hey, it might be otherwise.)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

VAE

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 19, 2012, 03:10:36 PM
Quote from: VAE on November 19, 2012, 06:59:23 AMAnd I see Powerpoint is apparently universe-class in preparing awful presentations.

It's not Powerpoint that makes awful presentation, it's the presentation preparers that do that. PP is just a tool.

Nothing to rant about? I thought that was a good thing, no sickness, no additional financial burdens, etc. :mowmeep

While it's the presenters that do it, powerpoint makes creating awful presentations easy.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

LionHeart

"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Starcat5

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 19, 2012, 04:06:35 PM
Quote from: Starcat5 on November 19, 2012, 07:56:13 AM
...because ol` DP was declared on the war path some time ago, and this looks to be an excellent segway (sp?) into bringing that back up.

Segue. Because Segway(tm) is the device you ride on.
Thanks, llearch. Firefox's spellcheck wasn't being helpful.
Speaking of devices, I do like how Amber has managed this. And the undead taur and griffin? Interesting. How would undead catch a flying creature, to start with? (I'm presuming undead, but hey, it might be otherwise.)
Revived by the original spell? Ex-Adventurer who was hedging his/her (I want to say her) bets by having an Undead bite him/her before every major engagement, and it worked? And a variant on that, was already dying from something or other when selfsame Undead bit him/her. As my understanding goes, one does not have to be killed by an Undead so much as one needs to die shortly after being "Infected".

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 19, 2012, 04:06:35 PM

Would the Gryphon have to be undead?

I could see if the cities where big enough and distant from one another on the island, that they might need the services of the Gryphons there. Undead or alive, they might have been hired by them.

Though wasn't there something mentioned about a tourist trade for that place in the forum?

I think there was even something said about their fine cuisine or a lack there of.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

MUDPUNISHER

The look on the sheep (I'm guessing, Idunno) is a little creepy, as is the look on the griffins face, it's hard to tell if its undead or not since its eyes are closed and there is no real signs showing that it is undead.
MUDPUNISHER commander of the 77th ArmoredCav.Forum destroyer of wallshanderouterofgrenades,
ahahah turning the car into oncoming traffic... IS COUNTER PRODUCTIVE-Jim Carey
avatarby-Hapless-Enigma...THANKYOU
APRIL4th= GRENADEMAS
also...... Can I be Abels brother?... pleeeaaassseee

TacticalError

Quote from: Starcat5 on November 19, 2012, 07:46:17 PM
As my understanding goes, one does not have to be killed by an Undead so much as one needs to die shortly after being "Infected".

IIRC, it's basically that. Get bitten or whatever, then there's a cooldown period. I think it was also mentioned that the cooldown is shorter for creatures than beings, so they're harder to infect.

KiloFoxx

Quote from: TacticalError on November 20, 2012, 01:19:32 AM
As my understanding goes, one does not have to be killed by an Undead so much as one needs to die shortly after being "Infected".

IIRC, it's basically that. Get bitten or whatever, then there's a cooldown period. I think it was also mentioned that the cooldown is shorter for creatures than beings, so they're harder to infect.

according to Demo101, the cooldown is 24 hours. i don't remember where i read it, but i remember it being said that Creatures simply are a lot less likely to die after being scratched/bitten than Beings

Starcat5

Quote from: KiloFoxx on November 20, 2012, 10:20:38 AM
Quote from: TacticalError on November 20, 2012, 01:19:32 AM
according to Demo101, the cooldown is 24 hours. i don't remember where i read it, but i remember it being said that Creatures simply are a lot less likely to die after being scratched/bitten than Beings
That is because they are a lot less "Squishy" than Beings. The Cooldown should be the same across the board, but the chances of actually turning a Creature is dependent on actually being able to kill said Creature.

Infection don't mean Jack if they live through the attack.{/rap}

icarus

just gotta pop in to reaffirm that undead are easily my favourite DMFA race
and if i lived in the DMFA universe i'd totally want to be one. the idea of trolling the living by being intentionally dull around them is just so splendid.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

justacritic

Since DMFA is a web comic and only experienced through one sense,what do undead smell like? It would be hard to co-exist if the forces that animate them don't prevent accumulation of decay.

TacticalError

Quote from: justacritic on November 21, 2012, 03:25:08 PM
Since DMFA is a web comic and only experienced through one sense,what do undead smell like? It would be hard to co-exist if the forces that animate them don't prevent accumulation of decay.

The Demo. 101 page for the undead http://www.missmab.com/Demo/undead.php says the process of decay stops in 98% of cases. Then again, that doesn't help with any decay that already occurred. Use of bleach maybe?

As a side note, does anyone know how to change the link text so it displays different to the URL?

Tapewolf

Since DMFA is a web comic and only experienced through one sense,what do undead smell like?

Dan had no idea Hannah was dead, so I imagine that the spell prevents that particular issue.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 21, 2012, 04:10:57 PM
Since DMFA is a web comic and only experienced through one sense,what do undead smell like?

Dan had no idea Hannah was dead, so I imagine that the spell prevents that particular issue.

On the other hand, Dan didn't notice he was living on ale alone for three years, so perhaps he mgiht not be the most observant person around. ;-]

Naldru

Quote from: TacticalError on November 21, 2012, 04:10:09 PM

The Demo. 101 page for the undead http://www.missmab.com/Demo/undead.php says the process of decay stops in 98% of cases. Then again, that doesn't help with any decay that already occurred. Use of bleach maybe?

As a side note, does anyone know how to change the link text so it displays different to the URL?
In this case the link text is different from the URL
Edit it so that the material between the open and close tags is the text you want to appear and the item after the = sign in the open task is the URL.  Hit the quote button to see the source for this message.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

TacticalError

Quote from: Naldru on November 22, 2012, 11:09:03 AM
Quote from: TacticalError on November 21, 2012, 04:10:09 PM
[omitted due to irrelevant stuff]

In this case the link text is different from the URL
Edit it so that the material between the open and close tags is the text you want to appear and the item after the = sign in the open task is the URL.  Hit the quote button to see the source for this message.

Thanks!

KiloFoxx

it would seem our beloved artist is yet another victim of the Post-Thanksgiving-Friday-Morning-Food-Coma

Naldru

Quote from: KiloFoxx on November 23, 2012, 11:07:08 AM
it would seem our beloved artist is yet another victim of the Post-Thanksgiving-Friday-Morning-Food-Coma
Since she lives in Canada, does it mean that she suffers from this syndrome twice a year?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

llearch n'n'daCorna

She is in-de-fat-igable. Honest.

KiloFoxx

Quote from: Naldru on November 23, 2012, 12:14:10 PM
Since she lives in Canada, does it mean that she suffers from this syndrome twice a year?

i don't know... i live in the US and know next to nothing about our better-behaved northern neighbour... sad seeing as i hope to live there someday

Rainbow_Spike