What happened 2?

Started by AmigaDragon, October 05, 2012, 12:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaDragon

Wondering if anyone knows if the current hiatus is due to just internet troubles (allowing at least some work on more pages) or are there other issues preventing even that?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Turnsky

past two weeks were health. gallstones royally suck.

financials - working on commish backlog, and work.

myriad of other stressors not helping matters either.

i'll boil it down to this, as much as i'd like to dedicate every waking moment to the comic, i can't. I have a life.

you'll just have to wait for your free lunch.

if you want me to do this comic for a living, start dumping $180-$250 a week into my paypal account.

because i have a laundry list of things i need to get done for the comic that aren't just page updates.
between work, commish work, stress, family, and bills. i just don't have the time nor inclination to draw the comic.

did i mention that in the next year or so i'm not only planning on having to move, but have my entire diseased large intestine removed?

sheesh.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

LionHeart

Ouch. I had part of my large intestine removed about 20 years ago. Not pleasant, but it was less unpleasant than what I'd had to put up with in the preceding years. And it's been much better ever since.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Turnsky on October 05, 2012, 01:46:08 AM
if you want me to do this comic for a living, start dumping $180-$250 a week into my paypal account.

Each?

In slightly less tongue-in-cheek mode: is there anything we can help with? Do we have some sort of marker of how far towards the 250 we've reached this week? And which currency is that in?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AmigaDragon

Sorry, I was just wondering how things were going since it's been a while.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 05, 2012, 04:09:18 PM
Quote from: Turnsky on October 05, 2012, 01:46:08 AM

Each?

In slightly less tongue-in-cheek mode: is there anything we can help with? Do we have some sort of marker of how far towards the 250 we've reached this week? And which currency is that in?
*cough* Australian *cough*

It's more a smartass comment though, as that's roughly how much i make a week working.
But if you'd prefer i could start putting a counter on the site.  >:3

though i've been considering finding a new CMS that does what i need (multiple storylines & simple blogging, primarily, i need to put the old comic somewhere, after all) and will allow me to be able to work on its design offline, instead of how comicpress handles things, which is kiiiind of a pain.

Chakat Blackspots

Yikes!  When someone has their entire large intestines removed, how does that affect their health?  I'm assuming they probably have to attach an external device to you to help with removing waste.

jello

Just wondering if you've decided to discontinue the comic  :<  its been quite a while since an update on the website...   :(

Turnsky

not discontinue, but it is on the backburner while i sort my own health out.. as well as a myriad of other things.. i haven't forgotten it, it's just that i'd like to be able to focus my complete attention on it, rather than the mishmash of attention i've been doling out lately. I'm at odds with my own health and it's rather frustrating.

AmigaDragon

Get yourself healthy, we want to see where the story reboot goes.

jello

Be patient, health always comes before web-comic's and such  :januscat

AmigaDragon

Has anyone heard how Turnsky is doing lately?

Turnsky

i do have a twitter you know... and an FA account..  :P

That said, i'm officially gonna be on the path to a monumental turn in my life (other than the having to move thing earlier this year): namely, an operation to sort out my health issues. this'll be a couple of months or more of utter misery for me, but improvement after the recovery..
I'll be going under the knife come the 12th of may.

In the meantime, i am trying, in earnest to set up things for my return. Donation schemes, Patreon, actually updating.. that kinda thing.
This'll take time, though. we'll see.

Incidentally, look at the front page.

Merlin

Quote from: Turnsky on April 14, 2014, 06:41:05 AM

That said, i'm officially gonna be on the path to a monumental turn in my life (other than the having to move thing earlier this year): namely, an operation to sort out my health issues. this'll be a couple of months or more of utter misery for me, but improvement after the recovery..

In the meantime, i am trying, in earnest to set up things for my return. Donation schemes, Patreon, actually updating.. that kinda thing.

:eager  :eager  :eager

Also I can't remember if I've said it before, but in any case, best of luck with the op!

joshofspam

Quote from: Turnsky on April 14, 2014, 06:41:05 AM

The best of luck in you endeavors ant to a quick recovery for you Turnsky!
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.