8/27/06 The Power of Christ Compels You!

Started by Fresnor, August 27, 2006, 11:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Of Hearts

Maybe we're dwelling too much on this...

-_-'

Personally I'd just chalk it on non canon humor to avoid complications.

But...

*imagines what a sheep-lion hybrid would look like*

...interesting notion.

Lucheek

Abel and Fi in  priest suits? Halariousness.

Netami

It's another one of those whacky fourth wall jokes, friends. Just like the one regarding Mab using Ebay to buy stuff from the 1980's, when the world of Furrae never really had a 1980's. Or at least not our version, anyways.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Netami on August 28, 2006, 08:00:16 AM
It's another one of those whacky fourth wall jokes, friends. Just like the one regarding Mab using Ebay to buy stuff from the 1980's, when the world of Furrae never really had a 1980's. Or at least not our version, anyways.

I'd like to think so, but I keep remembering the Jehova's witnesses and the cross in the graveyard in #510..

Sorry, people - I have a strong tendency to overanalyse anyway, but when Furrae religion crops up, I just can't help myself..

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sid

I'm eager to see what Wildy thinks up in this situation, actually.
Also interesting how both Cubi seemingly got over their angst phase within a day. Emotional creatures indeed.

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 28, 2006, 05:08:33 AM
2. Dan's tentacles are not under conscious control, and Dan is starting to come into his 'cubi powers.  This means that Alexsi is in big danger.  Fortunately for her he hasn't been taught any of the tricks yet, or she'd already be dead.  It's more likely that she'll be the one gasping for air in a few moments.

Keep in mind that Abel's tentacles are under full control, and even he was scared of her. Of course, Abel most likely didn't go all-out back then. Then again, Dan surely doesn't want to hurt his sister. I'd say everything's pretty much open.

5. With a bit of fancy footwork from Jy's mum, Dan can now take control of the inn because (A) Alexsi is mentally unbalanced or (B) she's gone down for attempted murder.

Dan is not exactly the prime example of mentally balanced. And don't even get me started on killing. *points at his collection of swords* :P
Besides, I doubt Dan would want control of the inn. It means work and staying at home. So no silly adventures with his equally silly friends anymore ;)
:boogie

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sid on August 28, 2006, 08:19:35 AM
2. Dan's tentacles are not under conscious control, and Dan is starting to come into his 'cubi powers.  This means that Alexsi is in big danger.  Fortunately for her he hasn't been taught any of the tricks yet, or she'd already be dead.  It's more likely that she'll be the one gasping for air in a few moments.

Keep in mind that Abel's tentacles are under full control, and even he was scared of her. Of course, Abel most likely didn't go all-out back then. Then again, Dan surely doesn't want to hurt his sister. I'd say everything's pretty much open.

The snag is his tentacles might well attack her of their own accord in order to defend him.  Like when they tried to make coffee for him..

5. With a bit of fancy footwork from Jy's mum, Dan can now take control of the inn because (A) Alexsi is mentally unbalanced or (B) she's gone down for attempted murder.

Dan is not exactly the prime example of mentally balanced. And don't even get me started on killing. *points at his collection of swords* :P

I think there's a slight difference between hunting down dangerous villains, and strangling your brother for no satisfactory reason :)

Akisohida

Quote from: King Of Hearts on August 28, 2006, 07:50:21 AM

...interesting notion.

*Imagines HOW that would come about, since lambs are a lions prey.*  :erk
It's kinda like the Mountain Pautine comic. 'If gryphons eat horses, how do hippogryphs come about?' "Umm..I'm not gonna touch that question with a ten-foot pole, mmkay?"

As een http://www.hollyann.furtopia.org/claxstory10.html there.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Gabi

Good luck, Amber!!

I don't think the priest style suits Abel. But then again, he'll do anything to cause confusion.

And Dan can die, but Alexsi wouldn't kill him. She just might make him wish she had.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Sid

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 28, 2006, 08:31:07 AM

I think there's a slight difference between hunting down dangerous villains, and strangling your brother for no satisfactory reason :)

But... but... he may be connected to it! That's not TOO far away from what they say about villains... if you get a lawyer who is good with words :P

Quote from: Akisohida on August 28, 2006, 08:37:27 AM

...interesting notion.

*Imagines HOW that would come about, since lambs are a lions prey.*  :erk

Front part lion, rear part lamb: A lion that goes feral chasing its own tail! :P
:boogie

Gildedtongue

Quote from: Kitsune Ascendant on August 28, 2006, 12:56:15 AMand dan's already died once. I'm sure jy-jy has something up his mad-scientist sleeve if it happens again.

I'm sure Jyrras has a few hypodermic needles full of glowing green goo somewhere in his lab.

Now I'm seeing the DMFA remix of Deadbones sadly vividly.

ITOS

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 28, 2006, 08:31:07 AM
Quote from: Sid on August 28, 2006, 08:19:35 AM

The snag is his tentacles might well attack her of their own accord in order to defend him.  Like when they tried to make coffee for him..

I don't think Dans unconscious would like to actually kill Alexi, even when strangeled by her.

Also, nice to see Fi again. :P
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Rafe

Quote from: Akisohida on August 28, 2006, 08:37:27 AM

...interesting notion.

*Imagines HOW that would come about, since lambs are a lions prey.*  :

Well, there is the proverbial line about how "the lion shal lie down with the lamb". 
And as to how one might look, there's always the theory that Jack creator David Hopkins' character Central the Angel has such a background:   

Here she is as a mortal and an angel.  She does have elements of both, I suppose; a leonine tail, coloration - white with black ears, hands and feet (most of the time) - which looks like a Merino sheep, and ears somewher in between little round lion ears and longer ovine ones.
Rafe

Gabi

She doesn't resemble a sheep in my opinion. She looks feline to me.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Jack McSlay

I think amber mentioned earlier that furrae is not a later incarnation of earth, so I think we should simply take the mention of christ as non-canon humor, or else we'll get insane trying to get an explanation

it's likely more simple to say that furrae has its own sacred deity called christ.

needless to mention about the nascar joke a while ago...
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jack McSlay on August 28, 2006, 12:23:34 PM
I think amber mentioned earlier that furrae is not a later incarnation of earth

Probably before I arrived.  Thanks for clearing that up.

Aridas

couldn't it count as an alternate dimension?

GabrielsThoughts

DOMINI BISQUICK *throws holy water*

DOMINI UNO TACO *throws holy water*

DOMini biScoo *has a mental bre3akdown and cloapses from laughter*
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Manawolf

Quote from: Gabi on August 28, 2006, 12:04:26 PM
She doesn't resemble a sheep in my opinion. She looks feline to me.

Dave Hopkins is notorious for his crossbreeding, to the point where you can hardly tell what the creature is.

KarlOmega1

Back on topic...ya know, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Alexsi has some demon blood in her...
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Vidar

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on August 28, 2006, 01:25:11 PM
Back on topic...ya know, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Alexsi has some demon blood in her...

Meh, seems like a typical woman to me.

* runs away VERY VERY FAST, WHILE DUCKING / DODGING A LOT *
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Rowne

Well, Tape ...

Thanks to you, my mind decided to play out Planet of the Apes with the DMFA cast.  Thanks much.  My mind may never forgive you for that.  :p

Jyrras and Lorenda coming across a furrified statue of liberty was one of the funniest things my imagination has cooked up lately, though.

----

In case that was too vague and I have to elaborate; there was the referrence to perhaps there being a World before Furrae.  A human World?  And from that, Planet of the Apes isn't far behind.

insanekaosx

Quote from: Rowne on August 28, 2006, 03:55:39 PM
Jyrras and Lorenda coming across a furrified statue of liberty was one of the funniest things my imagination has cooked up lately, though.

...........OH my god.... That is a very funny thing to imagine.

I can't wait til I get aroudn to recording this line :P Something abotu saying "The power of Chirst Compels you!" just makes me laugh

Rowne

Welcome to my mind, it's a dark and scary place.  A dark and scary place that likes to do weird things with the DMFA cast, apparently.

KarlOmega1

I just thought of something...what if Dan's sister married a Cubi (but didn't know it), then a few years later had a daughter that displays the same rage she's showing now....remind you of any of a Forumite's character?
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

mini-lion

i must admit Abel looks very suited to the occasion, perhaps he could get a part time job as a priest or something now that would be a funny service

Can't wait to see how this plays out

Arcalane

Quote from: Vidar on August 28, 2006, 03:17:36 PM
Quote from: KarlOmega1 on August 28, 2006, 01:25:11 PM

Meh, seems like a typical woman to me.

* runs away VERY VERY FAST, WHILE DUCKING / DODGING A LOT *

Actually, in one IRC room, it was observed by one of the female chatters that the description of PMS (Wikipedia, etcetera) can be used to explain just about any outbursts from women.

Seriously.

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

llearch n'n'daCorna

it's also fairly accurate. The many and varied responses to it, due ot the differing biological responses and metabolisms, means pretty much -anything- matches the description.

*shrug* just one of those things.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

You want to see scary? *smacks Llearch with his tentcles*