cubi shape shifting (idea from derailed comic)

Started by CreativeGrey, June 29, 2012, 02:06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CreativeGrey

this is a thread that was inspired by the derailed thread 'cubi machines'.
this thread is to discuss and come up with a loose rules and guidelines for cubi shapeshifting

these are some rules I've come up by my self.

1.can become 10 times smaller and become 10 times denser
2.can become 10 times bigger and become 10 times less dense
3.mass must stay the same
4.mass maybe added by absorbing cells
5.may be turned into pure metals, such as gold.
6.full body must keep all vital organs

plz tell me if you think the rules are to strict and post your own ideas. :) :mowwink

Ignuus66

Amber posted that cubi can't change the material, but can make illusions of a different one and change density.  I don't think there is really a limit to it, I guess the problem here would be that if the density of the cubi might get so little, he may start to get wierd stuff happening to him.

(credit: Gabi)

Sofox

The general gist of Cubi shapeshifting rules can be found here (except the imitating by touching part): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103064/quotes?qt=qt0416759

VAE

The rules stated aren't based on any evidence as seen in the comic. As such, they make about as much sense as polling a bunch of people about the length of Emperor of China (who couldn't be seen by commoners) 's nose. You will get an answer, but it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the actual situation.

That said, the bunch you propose is bad because maaybe except mass conservation (but then, no saying furrae physics works like ours) they are utterly arbitrary. Why 10? Why not 5, 200, or 31.415?
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth