01/06/2012 [DMFA# 1313] - Will it be a crappy birthday?

Started by Infranscia, June 02, 2012, 01:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infranscia

Sorry for the lame title.

Anyway, think if it this way, Abel: You have a Fae at your party.  That's plenty of power to handle everything that could happen! :mowmeep

Besides, it's not like you can run anywhere except under the bed. :mowwink

[Fixed page number -TW]
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Madmann135

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

lilpuppy23

I can only imagine what must be going through Abel's mind right now.

Good work with the expression in the lat panel, Amber. It really has that "Horrified" feel to it.

Shax

Heh.... Reminds me of how I was for my birthday this year. (Birthday being back in April of the 18th)

Plotting

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on June 02, 2012, 02:46:15 AM
I can only imagine what must be going through Abel's mind right now.

I would wager that he is thinking "Frig" followed closely by "how can I get out of this?".

I really like the look on Abels face in the last panel. And his body language too!

Tapewolf

Yes, this should turn out interesting.  Forcing Abel to have a happy birthday is liable to be counterproductive.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Plotting

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 02, 2012, 05:41:26 AM
Yes, this should turn out interesting.  Forcing Abel to have a happy birthday is liable to be counterproductive.

Counterproductive but fun!

SolarWings

I can't help but laugh maniacally at this. You're in for it Abel, and we sure as hell are gonna love watching.  >:3

On a slightly related note, but not really, this is one of those instances that I wish the site had a comic fav'ing feature.
o3o Iunno.

TacticalError

Quote from: DoctorSolarWings on June 02, 2012, 08:32:50 AM
I can't help but laugh maniacally at this. You're in for it Abel, and we sure as hell are gonna love watching.  >:3

On a slightly related note, but not really, this is one of those instances that I wish the site had a comic fav'ing feature.

I agree with both points, although I'm not sure how much work it would take to implement a 'favorite' or 'like' feature. I think it was mentioned the site was going to get a revamp soon, so maybe it could go in then?

I thought it was hilarious how Abel didn't even stick around to hear the end of "birthday".

Wanderer

Why yes, it shall be so fun to watch Abel be forced to recall the most traumatic events of his life by well-meaning people who have no idea what happened. [/sarcasm]

justacritic

Cheer up Abel you're 400 now, surely you can take it like a man, or woman or whatever gender you come up with

Ignuus66

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN
Abel's mind is going *Snap*

All this needs now is a good ol' Soulstealer family surprise!

(credit: Gabi)

Brunhidden

post traumatic stress syndrome for the win, now taking bets on how long before he has a flashback
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Surzsha

Quote from: justacritic on June 02, 2012, 10:51:29 AM
Cheer up Abel you're 400 now, surely you can take it like a man...

You know, once you've lived to be 100 years old all you can really think about is hitting the booze.

I know I would, and I haven't reached 30 yet.

Also, I'd definitely read a book written by Abel. He must have better skills than most writers, nowadays.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Ironically enough, I would have the same reaction as Abel.

Quick, Abel, find a window! D:

Quote from: justacritic on June 02, 2012, 10:51:29 AM
Cheer up Abel you're 400 now, surely you can take it like a man, or woman or whatever gender you come up with

Well, I'm almost 30 myself and I hardly act my age anyways. :P

Quote from: Surzsha on June 02, 2012, 11:45:12 AM
Also, I'd definitely read a book written by Abel. He must have better skills than most writers, nowadays.

Agreed, I would be first in line, too; if he was ever brave enough to actually have a book signing. :3

joshofspam

His reaction does seem rather hilarious.

Though I can't help but wonder if Abel might be overreacting just a bit.

Either that or there's something a little bit unexplained by Abel. We knew from Abel was saying so, that he planned to kill his father on this day. Though how he told it to Dan didn't really give the feeling that he might have this reaction to the party. Then again, there is a difference most likely in telling off hand and then simply expierncing a sudden surprise party.

Hmmmmm...his further reactions will be most interesting
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Ignuus66

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on June 02, 2012, 11:58:37 AM
Quick, Abel, find a window! D:
They planned for everything... His room is underground, and there is only 1 door... And it has no lock!  :mwaha

Nocturne of Night

Quote from: Infranscia on June 02, 2012, 01:17:43 AMBesides, it's not like you can run anywhere except under the bed. :mowwink

Mab's prolly waiting for him under there.

Also, love how Abel's headwings are helping keep the door shut. Really shows how much he wants that door closed!

Ignuus66

Quote from: Nocturne of Night on June 02, 2012, 03:47:22 PM

Mab's prolly waiting for him under there.

Also, love how Abel's headwings are helping keep the door shut. Really shows how much he wants that door closed!

There is NO stopping a party hungry Fae.. Mab will probably teleport the door to a Hungry mow...

Or something like that  :P .

Brunhidden

liklihood he can pretend he is an inanimate plushie?

should he teleport to an undisclosed location, will mab hunt him down and drag him screaming?

cointoss- is he more afraid of the cake or the clown?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Balance

Ah, no joke stays dead forever. I guess since the shopkeeper made him buy the book, he might as well read it properly, rather than just scry-scan it. Obviously, he missed some bits, though not the *ahem* important ones. :)

I love his expression in the last panel. I can almost see his left eye tic.

Quote from: Brunhidden on June 02, 2012, 11:37:57 PM
should he teleport to an undisclosed location, will mab hunt him down and drag him screaming?

cointoss- is he more afraid of the cake or the clown?

Mab probably is the clown...which makes the choice pretty clear.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: joshofspam on June 02, 2012, 01:20:33 PM
Though I can't help but wonder if Abel might be overreacting just a bit.

Don't be silly. Cubi don't overreact.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears