Canada or bust :V

Started by ChaosTiger, May 15, 2012, 12:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosTiger

Wow it's been a while :V I've been keeping up with the comics, but haven't really had time to even check the forums cause I work practicly nonstop >_<

But something has come up to bring me out of lurking... You see, I'm trying to figure out what I need to do in order to immigrate to Canada, to be with my girlfriend (and possibly fiance ^^). Any advice?  :U

James StarRunner

Hi ChaosTiger, welcome to the forums! Don't be alarmed if your thread moves. The mods will likely put this in the most appropriate place for you.

Ya, up north is where all the cool people are. I'm not sure on the immigration process, since I was born in Canada myself and never had to import, but I'm sure someone should make quick work out of the problem.

Anyways, I better get back to finishing dinner. Talk to you later if you decide to remain unlurked. :3

Merlin

NOT SURE IF THIS IS RIGHT FORUM. But hey I can answer that anyway!

Immigration requirements depend heavily on your nationality! You can usually contact your local Canadian embassy/consulate to get information. If you're Australian I can give you some info, since I emigrated to Canada for two years (I came back though. PS. Canada is FREAKIN COLD).

Otherwise, there'll be something about it here, on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp (I don't know how much there is that's easily searchable there, though. Canadian government websites are usually quite good, but it might be easier to find specific information on your embassy's homepage or some other way. I can't find my specific visa information on there, but then I didn't look very hard...)

Good luck!

James StarRunner

Quote from: Merlin on May 15, 2012, 01:01:48 AMPS. Canada is FREAKIN COLD.
That's why I said us Canadians are cool people. :3

Vancouver is actually really mild though. Edmonton and North of it gets pretty bitter though, I will admit.

ChaosTiger

Oh yeah, should have mentioned I'm in Texas right now xP

James StarRunner

Quote from: ChaosTiger on May 15, 2012, 11:49:39 AM
Snap! I was in Plano for a summer. Hoooooot!

Gabi

All the cool people? I'm from down South. Are you saying I'm not cool? :<

In any case, I'm afraid I can't help, but Amber has migrated to Canada, so maybe she can give you a few tips if you ask her.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

ChaosTiger

Quote from: James StarRunner on May 15, 2012, 12:22:35 PM
Quote from: ChaosTiger on May 15, 2012, 11:49:39 AM
Snap! I was in Plano for a summer. Hoooooot!
I've been there, my dad worked there for a while :V
Quote from: Gabi on May 15, 2012, 07:43:25 PM

In any case, I'm afraid I can't help, but Amber has migrated to Canada, so maybe she can give you a few tips if you ask her.
yeah, that's why I ask here x3

James StarRunner

Cool and cool are two totally different things in this case. You are cool and awesome, I'm cool and... err... Extra fluffy? :B

Gabi

Quote from: James StarRunner on May 15, 2012, 08:26:26 PM
Cool and cool are two totally different things in this case. You are cool and awesome, I'm cool and... err... Extra fluffy? :B
Not quite convincing, but funny, nonetheless. I'll let it pass. :)

And thanks for the compliment. :D
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly