R.I.P. Caloi

Started by Gabi, May 09, 2012, 07:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabi

You may not know him, but here in Argentina he was a very famous cartoonist/humorist. He was 63 years old. His real name was Carlos Loiseau, and his most popular character, Clemente, actually won a political election once (although he rejected the position because he had never run for it). Clemente was also Argentina's mascot on more than one event. Caloi also created multiple comic strips and hosted a TV show for 17 years.

Until his last day, Caloi continued publishing his comic strips on the Clarín newspaper and the Viva magazine. Today, all the strips on that newspaper said their goodbyes to him.

If you can read Spanish or translate it into something somewhat readable, you can find more information here.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

James StarRunner

I wish I could read Spanish now. I had a hard enough time with English and it's my first (and only) language. :/

Kafzeil

It always is strange when someone like this passes away. The kind of person who shapes a nations culture and identity. It's strange how much one man's cartoons or children's TV show can impact a country.

Rest in Peace, Carlol. Though I have never heard of you until this day, I know that you were a rare breed.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts