16/04/2012 [DMFA #1301] - Paperwork, bane of any career path

Started by Tapewolf, April 16, 2012, 05:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

I guess the paper trail is part of what makes a respectable adventuring service.
Now I'm kind of curious as to whether this serial case is just a one-off gag or a scene change - I guess we'll find out Friday.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Angel

What I'm curious about is this: Is Lost Lake located in Zinvth, or is that just the closest major city?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Ignuus66

a new char! and probably a adventurer too!
Hope he turns out to be a frequent supporting character.
Quote from: Black_angel on April 16, 2012, 08:58:04 AM
What I'm curious about is this: Is Lost Lake located in Zinvth, or is that just the closest major city?
AFAIK it's the closest major city and Lost lake is somewhat within the boundries of the city state. (possibly right on the border or in one of the outer regions.

Also it seems like the Propaganda works in zinvth, though being exposed to 200 years of propaganda usually should work...

(credit: Gabi)

justacritic

Paperwork paperwork, do it today not tomorrow you jerk.
You know I think this might be a more useful form of punishment than execution. I mean when you execute someone it just spreads bad feeling around but with paperwork punishments....

Judge: Dragon the court finds you guilty of mass murder.

Dragon:*smirks*

Judge: Therefore your sentence is a 1000 years of paperwork starting with your very own trial in triplicate.

Dragon:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

joshofspam

I find Matilda's comment on rampages to be interesting.

I wonder how many times Kria's come home to laze about for a day while drinking tea, after a rampage and losing something internal that she has to regenerate?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Viking ZX

Any job becomes tedious paperwork once you get bureaucracy involved. I run a game studio, which means I get to do the fun stuff (designing video games, awesome!) and then...the really boring stuff (accounting! Licensing! Receipts!).

Viking ZX, Lvl 2 Red Tape Stomper.

The grass is always greener though, I'm curious to see what Matilda gets up to while she's bored. Maybe she'll decide to head down to Lost Lake and meet some of the cast?
I'm an author! Check out my site!

Viaxeiro

Matilda looks better every time i see her, The poses and lounging style of taurs are really nice, and some real thought has gone into it, its a rewarding science!

Dan is a lucky man too. simply by phone talk Matilda ever proves her awesome character

Tapewolf

Hmm, I wonder if this is DP and Regina's killing spree?

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 16, 2012, 07:08:54 PM
Hmm, I wonder if this is DP and Regina's killing spree?

Maybe, though I was thinking it might be a little more time of DP planning before the death toll started to rise because of them.

My guess would be more cases of people being killed with cubi connections. After all, one of Piflak's clan didn't die too long ago. Or possibly Piflak finally got a lead and she's following it.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on April 16, 2012, 07:42:03 PM
My guess would be more cases of people being killed with cubi connections. After all, one of Piflak's clan didn't die too long ago. Or possibly Piflak finally got a lead and she's following it.

I was thinking about that too, but it raises a few questions, like: would adventurers actually care if a powerful 'Cubi was murdered?  Would they be able to do much about it if they did?

Now, we might be cutting to the adventures of some Taun mercenaries, of course, but 'Cubi are kind of rare so statistically that's unlikely.

Ignuus66

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 17, 2012, 03:12:49 AM
I'm thinking Cubi aren't the only creatures that might be murdered, or maybe a Adventureing group is looking for a connection between the murders.

*wild speculation*

Turnsky

Quote from: Ignuus66 on April 17, 2012, 09:41:00 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on April 17, 2012, 03:12:49 AM
I'm thinking Cubi aren't the only creatures that might be murdered, or maybe a Adventureing group is looking for a connection between the murders.

*wild speculation*

yes, a marauding pack of vicious accountants who kill their victims by papercut.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Ignuus66

Quote from: Turnsky on April 17, 2012, 11:06:22 AM
yes, a marauding pack of vicious accountants who kill their victims by papercut.  >:3
OH GOD THE HORROR  D:

justacritic

Quote from: Ignuus66 on April 17, 2012, 02:19:55 PM
OH GOD THE HORROR  D:
Then to add insult to injury they then proceed to audit your income and assets :erk

Plotting

With magical paper cuts which never stop bleeding, caused by the cursed paper of accounting which has been woven with magic to cause woe and pain to all those who have their accounts recorded on the cursed paper.  >:3

tehbeefer

Is that a shell phone I see there?  Maybe? 
Bobble-birds be eavesdroppin'.

Ryy Lazurus

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Madmann135

2 words "Bring Dan." Considering his past it would be interesting to have him along.
Paperwork is the bane of any career.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.