1/17/2012 [TDA #20] - Cubi wolf is coming to town

Started by justacritic, January 17, 2012, 08:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justacritic

"He sees you when you're sleeping, you're helpless till you're awake.
He can play around with your mental health so develop some insomnia for paranoia's sake."

Really is it too much for sleeping men to put on a shirt? Is the climate that humid to be uncomfortable? Quit risking becoming a fanservice-y scene what with all these creatures of the night around. I mean why do think Dracula went for the girls in revealing nightshirts? But anyway nice backgrounds and cutaways it's not the most easiest thing to do

Tapewolf

Placing the narration was a heartbreaking task.  I intend to post the original art to FA and DA when I get home.
Looking at it this morning I realised I should probably have darkened the bedroom scene, but it was a bit late by then.

This page was interesting technically because IIRC Merlin was busy with Christmas stuff at the time, so I did the base colours myself to ease her workload.  Then they got sent back to her for shading and finally back to me where I did the compositing stage for the dreams.  Originally they had a clean break between each section.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

Let's hope for Jakob's sake that the dream layouts of the castle match the real one.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

nguard

Wow.  As a retired Military Intel soldier, the thought of something like a cubi able to infiltrate and read thoughts from ppl's dreams-- Brrrr. 0_o  I would be not at all surprised that most beings' kingdoms would have massive research programs to detect a cubi infiltration.  This strip really hits home for me.  It has that fun, yet creepy cold war Invasion of the Body Snatchers implications.....

I can imagine the Counter Intel/M.I. 5/ FBI equivalents having cold sweats upon hearing there is a cubi in town....

justacritic

Then again dream-surfing is an imprecise, difficult and dangerous art. For all Jakob knows the
information that he has received might have very dangerous flaws in it. Dreams are never that simple.

Tapewolf

Quote from: justacritic on January 17, 2012, 09:08:10 PM
Then again dream-surfing is an imprecise, difficult and dangerous art. For all Jakob knows the
information that he has received might have very dangerous flaws in it. Dreams are never that simple.

Yeah, so you'd try to cross-check it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Simplified for comic strip purposes, obviously.

So he's actually hit up several guards, two or three street walkers, etc, in order to locate the details he needs, and spent a week or two just to get inside the catle in the first place, and probably another three or four nights just locating the people he needs to take over to figure out the next step, at each stage...

... or maybe I'm just overthinking it. But yes, nguard, that does make securing the place somewhat tricky. :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AmigaDragon

Looking at the blog below the comic... how did we skip 2012 and 2013, did you find a time machine? :mowhappy
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 18, 2012, 04:26:23 PM
Looking at the blog below the comic... how did we skip 2012 and 2013, did you find a time machine? :mowhappy

It felt that long since the last update.