01/09/2012 [DMFA #1276] - Box Party

Started by Tapewolf, January 09, 2012, 08:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Leaving aside the clan politics for now, I just have to say that the warp-aci box mania is as awesome as it is surreal.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Chairtastic

Yes, indeed it is.  Quite amusing, and adorable.  But why don't they have bubble wrap as well? :U

Bringing in those clan politics...

Darn you, Amber, darn you! D:  Murdering one of Piflak's lovely children(allegedly)!  Makes for good story, but- ;~;

But you are the author, you know best.  However, to whom soever murdered(allegedly) this perfect specimen of the Cubi race, you are on the List of Persons I Shalt Wage War Against.

All members of the LPISWWA get full dental, and this Thursday is a free doughnut party.  Enjoy.

justacritic

What's worse Piflak puts me in mind of a hospital matron, do you know how loud and frighting they are? Doomed indeed  Mink Doomed indeed

VAE

One word. Box Room. Two words.
Those in  the know will know.

Also, if Mink is the murderer, i'm unsurprised. Noone can be that nice and cheery without hiding something. It's unnatural.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Wanderer

Mink is failing its bluff check, here. At least, it sure looks like that. Attempting to act nonchalant, and failing. So how was it involved in this murder? The lack of good acting suggests at least some connection.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Box party is the very best sort of party.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Wanderer on January 09, 2012, 11:07:57 AM
Mink is failing its bluff check, here. At least, it sure looks like that. Attempting to act nonchalant, and failing. So how was it involved in this murder? The lack of good acting suggests at least some connection.

I think Mink's just terrified of having to deal with Piflak at the convocation (and was trying not to show it).

joshofspam

Warp-Aci remind me of Cats.

But if memory serves, Piflak sounds very much like a matron run family...I suppose all cubi clans with a tri-wing in their ranks is a true statement. Though Piflak practically has it rolling of her bio page.

Anger does sound like a possibility, but I wonder if that's the only concern? With her one child for every thousand of years she lived I wonder if her and her clan might be just a little more pushy for that next child being born?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

techmaster-glitch

Nocturne of Night

Haha, box junkie!

I just realized, if Mink was the murderer, then it would have had to leave SAIA somehow and come back without being detected, emotion or otherwise, and considering how rarely 'Cubi leave and that Fa'lina runs (and practically is) the place, that's nigh impossible. It may be naivete on the squiggly's part, but Fa'lina at least would know Mink left and she's smart enough to connect the dots.

Mink's reaction in the last panel seems natural enough considering mama bear is showing up soon. But I can't shake the feeling that it knows more than it's letting on...

Tezkat

Hmm...

I wonder how liberally the term "children" applies to clan leaders in these situations. Piflak has been unable to procreate for a good 29k years. So both of her direct offspring would have been pushing 30k. If a Cubi of that level was murdered, we're likely talking Serious Business on the order of Dragon plotz. :dface

In a similar vein, if Quill is literally Taun's biological daughter, as suggested in her clan profile, that would make her, what... 50k years old, give or take? Scary... >:]
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on January 09, 2012, 01:47:01 PM
I wonder how liberally the term "children" applies to clan leaders in these situations. Piflak has been unable to procreate for a good 29k years. So both of her direct offspring would have been pushing 30k. If a Cubi of that level was murdered, we're likely talking Serious Business on the order of Dragon plotz. :dface

I'm not sure, but I think it's in the sense that they're members of her clan, rather than her direct offspring.

QuoteIn a similar vein, if Quill is literally Taun's biological daughter, as suggested in her clan profile, that would make her, what... 50k years old, give or take? Scary... >:]

I did ask about that one.  Unless things have been rearranged since, Quill is just one of her descendants.

lilpuppy23

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 09, 2012, 11:18:02 AM
Box party is the very best sort of party.

I'm not sure, when I first saw that (and considering the "tossing" motion by Mink), It seemed more like a "Box Disposal" area where tons of Warp-aci EAT the boxes and send them to who knows where...

But hey! If I'm wrong, then Box Party! Get the Bubble wrap and Packing Peanuts!
:villagepeople <-- Closest Approximation to a party as listed in [more]

Attic Rat

The Institute for the Advanced Study of Squigglies report on findings #1, Excerpt A: "When encountering danger, a defensive pose involves the wings extending and all other limbs drawing inward. Extrapolating this to an extreme, this researcher posits one might occasionally see the wings entirely covering the body in a sort of protective shell."

(Every world has its share of crackpot researchers. I'm just imagining one for Furrae.)
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Anri

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

:U SQUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEE!!! WARP-ACI!!! :tighthug

*cough**cough* Now that's out of my system, I must say the fact that one of Piflak's members has been murdered does intrigue me. Granted, I'm sure that a couple cubi die once in awhile or so depending on their skills/level/prowess/etc of course, but that fact that this has caused a grand rumor of sorts, definitely raises some red flags on the curiosity scale of what exactly did this murder entail for it to be of concern. So I must say, I am looking forward to how this will progress. :eager

Also, I wish that I could join those warp-aci in there box fun. Seeing all of them there has made my heaven complete! :love3

Thank you, Amber! :3

EDIT:
Edited for some minor spelling/grammar errors I had missed.

justacritic

Then again Cubi are the masters of "I thought it was a good idea at the time"
so it might not be so much of a murder but a badly thought out idea going horribly wrong in hilariously (to certain minds) ways

Surzsha

Either way, justacritic, I'm looking forward to any potentially angry clan leaders at the meeting. I heard they can put on quite a show when furious (so long as you're not in the crossfire).

Ryy Lazurus

I doubt that Mink is the murderer myself. From the looks of Piflak's entery in the clan leader section, I think that she's a rabid perfectionist. Anyone daring to harm one of HER clan and upset the clan numbers?

Yup, I thinks she'll be miffed slightly. I'm guessing that humble clan leaders just don't exist.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryy Lazurus on January 09, 2012, 11:08:56 PM
I doubt that Mink is the murderer myself. From the looks of Piflak's entery in the clan leader section, I think that she's a rabid perfectionist. Anyone daring to harm one of HER clan and upset the clan numbers?

To personally carry out the murder, Mink would either need to carry it out within SAIA which Fa'Lina would prevent (or else be an accomplice), or else leave the Academy which Jin has forbidden.

QuoteYup, I thinks she'll be miffed slightly. I'm guessing that humble clan leaders just don't exist.
Without knowing her, Jin seems to come fairly close to humble.  Piflak seems to be practically the vanity clan, however.

No, I don't believe Mink has anything to do with it at all.  Now, if this murder had something to do with, say, Destania... then things could get really ugly at the meeting.  However, 'Cubi being rare I'd assume it was done by a member of some other race.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 10, 2012, 03:21:26 AM
No, I don't believe Mink has anything to do with it at all.  Now, if this murder had something to do with, say, Destania... then things could get really ugly at the meeting.  However, 'Cubi being rare I'd assume it was done by a member of some other race.

The situation I was considering was Dan professing that nobody in Cyra has done such a thing... and Destania being the guilty party.

Now, wouldn't _that_ set the cat amongst the pigeons? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Armathos

Those warp-aci just remind me of a room full of space cores....."Space..space, space, want to go to space" "Hey. Hey buddy. Space." "Spaaaaaaaaaaace!"

LionHeart

Quote from: Ryy Lazurus on January 09, 2012, 11:08:56 PMYup, I thinks she'll be miffed slightly. I'm guessing that humble clan leaders just don't exist.
I'd say it probably (almost certainly) requires a certain level of arrogance to become a clan leader in the first place.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Alondro

The clue to the murderer's identity was clearly indicated! 

The culprit is a box.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Chairtastic

Quote from: Alondro on January 10, 2012, 10:49:05 AM

The culprit is a box.

Are you accusing Llearch of murder? :U

VAE

Quote from: Meany on January 10, 2012, 12:33:54 PM
Quote from: Alondro on January 10, 2012, 10:49:05 AM

The culprit is a box.

Are you accusing Llearch of murder? :U
No
To borrow from XKCD he's merely waggling eyebrows suggestively and mouthing "over there" while pointing at him.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

bradypodidae

So, the ultimate distraction of pure joy is

... OMG LOOK! A BOX!!!
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

McKathlin

Yayy!  Warp-aci box party!

Now on to events being discussed in the foreground...

I'm pretty sure that Mink didn't kill the Piflak clan member, but that (s)he knows something about the murder and doesn't want to talk about it.  Now let's guess like crazy about what Mink knows and how (s)he knows it!

Or, maybe the mere thought of Piflak being that ticked off really is enough to make Mink that uncomfortable.  Thoughts?
"My wisdom is slightly higher than my stupidity." ~Lawenia

Tapewolf

Quote from: McKathlin on January 10, 2012, 04:12:24 PM
Or, maybe the mere thought of Piflak being that ticked off really is enough to make Mink that uncomfortable.  Thoughts?

Abel's Story 2.60-62 is interesting, because Mink is asked politely but firmly to tone it down.  He makes a feeble excuse and scurries away with his tail between his legs, to the apparent bemusement of Oolong.  It makes me think that he's easily cowed by others.

Tangent

Piflak's "children" are spiders, like the one Dan tormented Abel with. She raises them like a crazy cat lady raises cats.

Those spiders are her "babies." And Mink squished one.
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us