Flight of Fancy (OOC/Interest Thread--OPEN!)

Started by Aisha deCabre, January 06, 2012, 12:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: justacritic on October 16, 2012, 09:17:31 PM
Well I'm trying something here, don't let this die on us please

x3 You're good at least, Critic.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on October 16, 2012, 08:58:06 PM
x3 I'm not worried about thunder being stolen, I'm just wondering why people seem to be hesitant to start going off on their own tangents in this one.  The environment and the people are provided, and yet most of us are wallflowers :B Plus we GMs losing our muses from time to time, that I'll attest to.

Jakob has very little interest in the facilities, and keeps getting forcibly separated from the people he wants to talk to...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

justacritic

... Alcohol, mother of many an awkward moment.

justacritic

Our lady of pain has returned a chorus of screaming hallelujahs please

Tapewolf

If anyone is curious, Jakob in FoF looks something like this (without the headwings):
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/9148042/  (Jakob in Regalia, commissioned from Sunblink)

Mel Dragonkitty

Very swank Tape. As the 3rd Jr. GM in charge of costume and scenery I approve.  :)
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mel Dragonkitty on October 30, 2012, 08:03:27 PM
Very swank Tape. As the 3rd Jr. GM in charge of costume and scenery I approve.  :)

Heh, thanks.

Incidentally, I'm kind of waiting for security to respond to Jakob's predicament :3

Corgatha Taldorthar

Sorry for the short reply, haven't had the energy to write much recently; and I didn't want to interfere that much outside of the banquet; if nobody else posts in a day or two, I'll move forward, even if I have to double-post.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Angel

Yo, this thing still around? Just wanna post here and ask before the IC thread goes into "posting is necro-ing" territory.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

justacritic

I am waiting in the gym for something to happen, then again there are some who have exams

Aisha deCabre

Indeed, sorry for the wait, peeps; we GMs have been somewhat busy of late; and some of us don't want to move the story along without stepping on toes.  ^^;

However, there is something everyone can do right now in the IC; we've been ready to move on to Day 2 for ages, so if everyone would just start heading for their cabins and get some sleep (for those who -do- sleep), it would help. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on December 01, 2012, 12:33:55 AM
However, there is something everyone can do right now in the IC; we've been ready to move on to Day 2 for ages, so if everyone would just start heading for their cabins and get some sleep (for those who -do- sleep), it would help. x3

I dunno, I thought the Captain was going to say something interesting during the dinner :3

Tapewolf

Are we now expected to leave the supper, or is there going to be some kind of closing speech?

Corgatha Taldorthar

Nah, it was supposed to be kind of a meet and greet sort of thing. I hadn't had any written closing speech (I'm trying for more frequent, shorter posts, don't know if it will work), but if you want to have something like "The captain gave some long boring bland speech" before the dinner closed type post, that'd be perfectly fine.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Dm ANNOUNCEMENT:

Ok, I'm trying to get back into things, so I hate to announce a delay, but here it is.

I'm going to write up a post, but I won't post it up officially until Monday, in the late morning (eastern Standard time) basically detailing what happened during the night (not much) and starting things off in the second day. I'm really going to try to push things along more quickly, and while I realize that's hard with so many people, we've been losing momentum, and that usually kills RPs, so I'm going to try to up the pace.

I'm going to work with the assumption that anyone who doesn't specify otherwise by Monday went to bed without much (further) incident.

Tezkat

For those of you not following my new art thread, I posted a sketch of Mateo. Yes, he is supposed to have ocelot spots/markings, but you'll have to use your imagination until I get around to colouring it. :3

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Tapewolf

VAE

Hmm. Vlad went down there, the last I posted from him. Thing is, he probably wouldn't come up and plain initiate talking to an obvious angel/cubi dignitary.
Feel free to poke him though, if it'd make sense for Jakob, and if you feel like it.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Corgatha Taldorthar

Ok, so like I mentioned on the other thread, I'm basically leaving the forum, barring an occasional poke of my head in to see how things are. So, yeah, my time as a full time DM is done. I might, other DMs willing, give a bit of feedback for overarching storylines, but nothing like the nitty-gritty day to day managing of the RP. It's for the best, and hopefully, with someone active at the helm, there will be DM posts more than "once every so often".

Which leads me into the official announcement. Boogyman, ye hath been promoted. Try not to abuse the power of DMship too much, at least not when anyone is looking. I hope you all continue to enjoy the RP.

Mel Dragonkitty

(Nails up a "Closed for Renovations" sign)

We're going to close the RP down for two weeks to give Boog a time to plot evil tortures... I mean accustom himself to the plot. During that time the RP will be open to new players. Same character rules apply as previously stated. PM all character sheets to one of the three GMs (Boog, Aisha, or myself) for approval before posting.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Mel Dragonkitty

Due to outside circumstances we are going to be a week or two longer than originally predicted getting restarted. We hope you'll all still all be with us when we return.

Tapewolf

Indeed.  I've not been terribly active but I am still interested.

Boog

RIGHT, SO, THE FLYING MASS OF POOR DECISIONS IS UNDER NEEEEEW MANAGEMENT!

Thankyew, thankyew, ladies and germs you are all just. Too. Kind. No need for applause, although it most certainly can't hurt your character's luck...

ANYWHO AMOVINGRIGHTALONG, I need to know who's still in on this travelling trainwreck in the sky. I've looked over Corg's notes and I think I have something that'll be a properfun hullaballoo for all involved. Also the ol' gasbag will be pulling into port soon so now's the time for new people to sign right the hell up how cool is that?

But yeah seriously. Who's in, who wants in, and if you're out here's your chance to leave on a suitably dramatic note. Table-flipping encouraged if not mandatory.

Tapewolf

Paladin Sheppard

VAE

Despite the risks involved , *breathes in and out*, I'm in.
All the other forum games everywhere I been in died in the meantime, and I'm curious what the new leadership will bring.
As the blind man said before he fell down a ditch, we shall see.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Aisha deCabre

Goes without saying as I'm still a co-GM, but I'm in too for the record. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Inumo

I'm still floating about, assuming something, y'know, happens. >.>

Angel

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Kafzeil

Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts