Flight of Fancy (OOC/Interest Thread--OPEN!)

Started by Aisha deCabre, January 06, 2012, 12:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezkat

Mateo's still lurking around the slave hold, though he's likely to remain horribly depressed until his situation improves a bit... :dface

Despite all the work that went into his original application, I think it might be best to hold off on introducing my second character for now, though.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Boog

No worries; I believe the slave hold has had enough faffing about, I aim to give it a good shake sometime soon.

Boog

AHLLBLOODYRIGHT, ANYONE WHO AINT POSTED YET IS ASSUMED GONE UNTIL THEY PM ME EXPLAINING THEMSELVES. LETS GET THIS PARTY ON THE ROAD, I'M OFF TO POST.

Tapewolf

If that's Jakob in the mess hall, bear in mind he's pretending to be an Angel while onboard, at least for now.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Boog

Nah, Paladin. No worries, I've been paying THAT much attention.

Paladin Sheppard

But not enough to realise that Pal is in being mode :P

Boog

APPARENTLY SO, gimme a sec to edit...

EDIT: CORRECTED. Perdon moi monseuirs, je suis tre bet.

Tezkat

Hmm... quick question... would folks in the slave hold have been able to hear the global announcement about the layover?
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Boog

If you have a particularly good hearing you may make out details, but I'm assuming most folks are basically hearing the parents from Peanuts.

VAE

And posted - hopefully I haven't screwed anything up with regards to actual nation detail in the latter part  (just say and I'll edit/redact).
Also, sorry to Kaf - as I was reading the backlog I noticed Eden actually addressed Vlad at one point which I completely and utterly failed to notice. Ugh.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Boog

Post's fine, Qaggath's relations with the rest of the goddamn planet is pretty much a kaleidoscope of sorrows, it'd be a reasonable assumption that their economy is thoroughly effed. However, seeing as this tourism-port is one of the main ways they manage to extract money from outside the country, don't expect a dollar to get you a house. Major businesses are likely to overcharge, local ones undercharge. Hope that helped for frame of reference.

VAE

Yep, which is why he was worried about time. He'll need to dig a bit through the city, preferrably as far from the airstrip as reasonable.
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Tapewolf

Ah, good.  I was afraid Hobbies had left us. He's about the only person Jakob has really got on with...

Mel Dragonkitty

Aw... you didn't think Jakob's and Mel's 30 seconds of conversation advanced cubi/dragon relations.  :giggle
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

VAE

Given what's said about Cubi attention span, that might have been a pretty long chat, actually x3
Saphroneth

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mel Dragonkitty on March 31, 2013, 08:04:05 PM
Aw... you didn't think Jakob's and Mel's 30 seconds of conversation advanced cubi/dragon relations.  :giggle

I'd actually forgotten about that.  And no, Jakob may not have realised what she is at this point

Mel Dragonkitty

Dragon or demon she probably didn't make his A-list for repeat conversation. Oh well, maybe they'll bump into each other sending messages home. They will not be bumping into each other at the doorknob museum.  :U
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

justacritic

Does Jakob have his headwings out or is he still in angel disguise?

Tapewolf

Quote from: justacritic on April 09, 2013, 11:53:20 AM
Does Jakob have his headwings out or is he still in angel disguise?

For now, he's still in Angel mode.

Tapewolf

Is Hobbies going to say anything or should I move Jakob to some other location, e.g. disembarking?

VAE

Grah, another GM post in such short order. I'll prob'ly post on monday - while I do sure waste a lot of time these days, my creative juices are mostly drained by the drudgery of project report.
Saphroneth

Tapewolf

I've made it ambiguous as to whether Jakob actually does disembark or whether he's just dressed to go out relatively incognito, just in case anyone wants to intercept him en route.

VAE

Bast. Somehow, almost a month passed and I'm well off the rails again. I guess that cements it - feel free to give my slot to someone else Boog because chronic failure at keeping up.
*sigh*
This is a fun game, it just somehow went badly wrong for me.
Saphroneth

Boog

Let us have a moment of silence for our fallen comrade, VAE.

Aight that's done. Dibs on his boots!

Paladin Sheppard

Angel

Sorry to hear that, VAE. You'll be missed. (hums "Taps")
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Aisha deCabre

Fare thee well, VAE.  Glad you had a little bit of fun at least.  :)
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

FWIW, I'm aware that Bas appears to have dropped out for now, but given that Jakob's life was threatened, this seems the natural thing for him to do.

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Ask not for whom the bell tolls, ask why is that guy holding his ears?

Boog

I'll need a character sheet and/or one (1) human heart.