01/06/2012 [DMFA #1275] - A thousand smiles of light...

Started by ChaosMageX, January 06, 2012, 10:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

...extending into the darkness to scare the crap out of you.  There's even a wiku worm in that hammock shelf. >:3

And if there's a mirror somewhere in the room, the creepiness factor is probably increased ten fold.

Icon by Sunblink

MT Hazard

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Jakob usually likes fear so that must be some pretty strong stuff.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ChaosMageX

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 06, 2012, 10:57:10 AM
The only to fear is fear itself...and clowns.

Especially clowns that touch you in bad places. :P  Beware the smiles and temptations of balloon animals and candy.

Icon by Sunblink

justacritic

More and more I am persuaded that Mink must be Evil, even if it's unintentional. I fear for Dan's sanity and for the Furrae in general, good thing that the Joy clan keeps its members mostly at SAIA. 

Naldru

What the room needs is a clown clock that laughs every hour.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Lorien077

Oh gosh its starting to look like something out of a Steven King novel....

Gotta say, as creepy as the glow in the dark smiles and eyes are the lighting effects are really well done. 
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

My scribbles: http://lorien077.deviantart.com/

joshofspam

"Even dead, clowns are annoying."

Clowns aren't really that bad in my eyes. Though the movie "It" did help any in that department.

Theirs just something unnatural about a grown man acting like that and all of them fitting in a clown car.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Naldru on January 06, 2012, 11:23:06 AM
Ssh! Don't give them ideas! They're already creepy as-is.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

ishidan

And that's running low on battery power.

joshofspam

Quote from: Madd the Sane on January 06, 2012, 01:44:11 PM
Ssh! Don't give them ideas! They're already creepy as-is.

Now that you mention it, I have noticed a serious lack of honking noises.

Maybe the light switch should of "Honked" instead of "Clicked". Though I do admit that the click has ever been known as more ominous then the sound of a honking clown nose.

I wonder if the room can get any more creepy? :)
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Silverling

Well... I most certainly wouldn't want to sleep after a night of that....

Or as Mink put it, "Never want for another bed."

Akisohida

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 06, 2012, 11:02:56 AM

And I like pie, but that would be equivalent to someone randomly splatting one in your face. :)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Madmann135

After seeing it when I was around 10 is years old... Clowns have been tied for the second and third scariest thing I can think of.
I can understand Dan's fear.  There is nothing natural about clowns, they are scary, absolutely SCARY.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Attic Rat

There's the part about Dan being an adventurer. I'm sure he's seen a few unexpected grinning faces loom out of the darkness at inopportune moments of the night during his career. Whether clowns bother him or not, that would be worth a twitch.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Tarakona

I've never seen "It" but I have a pathological fear of clowns. My mother does too.  That said, I love the detail Amber puts into Mink's room, and she's not as bad at drawing backgrounds as she thinks ;)

Love Jakob's expression. Must be the emotional equivalent of a cubi brain freeze.

Turnsky

and now we know why many cubi don't sleep.

the clowns will get them.  :<

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Amber Williams

Quote from: Akisohida on January 06, 2012, 03:25:22 PM

And I like pie, but that would be equivalent to someone randomly splatting one in your face. :)

Pretty much this.  Mink/Jakob are in a section of the Academy that is generally known for being very mellow and peaceful...fluffy emotions and stuff.   So a sudden fear surge would be like someone firing a shotgun into the air inside a church during service.   Even if a Cubi would be attune to that emotion, it would be so out of place that one would likely assume something is very wrong.  And I didn't think Jakob was psycho enough to be all "mmm...feaaaaaar...*rubs hands over his body in delight* in the middle of the hallway. :B

....but I can draw that for ya if ya want.  Might need the shirt off again though... :eager

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 06, 2012, 07:57:48 PM
Pretty much this.  Mink/Jakob are in a section of the Academy that is generally known for being very mellow and peaceful...fluffy emotions and stuff.

That would certainly do it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

justacritic

And I didn't think Jakob was psycho enough to be all "mmm...feaaaaaar...*rubs hands over his body in delight* in the middle of the hallway. :B

....but I can draw that for ya if ya want.  Might need the shirt off again though... :eager

If you want to do it, do it. It's your call Amber, though that would be an interesting thing to see Jakob's expression when ecstatically absorbing Dan's fear.

Turnsky

Pretty much this.  Mink/Jakob are in a section of the Academy that is generally known for being very mellow and peaceful...fluffy emotions and stuff.   So a sudden fear surge would be like someone firing a shotgun into the air inside a church during service.   Even if a Cubi would be attune to that emotion, it would be so out of place that one would likely assume something is very wrong.  And I didn't think Jakob was psycho enough to be all "mmm...feaaaaaar...*rubs hands over his body in delight* in the middle of the hallway. :B

that'd be more Ink's thing, i believe.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

LoneHowler

Can't sleep clowns will eat me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCKdtBWT0Bs&feature=youtube_gdata_player
LOL sorry to bring up a "Simpsons did it" trope, but that was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this comic
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Silverling on January 06, 2012, 02:52:24 PM
Well... I most certainly wouldn't want to sleep after a night of that....

Or as Mink put it, "Never want for another bed."

I agree.  After spending a night in a room like that, Dan might give up sleeping altogether.

However, that actually makes me curious if it would possible for him to do that at this point in time.  Has he been a cubi long enough that he could go cold turkey on sleeping?  Would he experience few, if any, of the effects of sleep deprivation as a result?

Amber stated in this post that there is a transitional period for each mundane necessity, and Dan was at the point where sleep was "slowly becoming optional", but that was quite a while ago.  I'm not sure how much in-comic time has passed since that was posted, which is what makes me wonder if Dan's body has evolved to the point that he can completely give up sleeping now.

Also, is the ability to give up sleeping and eating dependent on ability as well as age?  Even if Dan's body is at a point where sleeping is completely optional, does he need to know more about how to actually feed on emotions in order to substitute that for sleep?

Quote from: justacritic on January 06, 2012, 08:36:21 PM
 And I didn't think Jakob was psycho enough to be all "mmm...feaaaaaar...*rubs hands over his body in delight* in the middle of the hallway. :B

If you want to do it, do it. It's your call Amber, though that would be an interesting thing to see Jakob's expression when ecstatically absorbing Dan's fear.

I agree, it would actually be quite interesting if little bits of the Johan Cross side of Jakob show up in the DMFA comic like they do in the PF comic. :mwaha

Then again, it'd also start looking like he's as much a jerk in the DMFA comic as he is in the PF comic.

Icon by Sunblink

LionHeart

Well, Dan hasn't needed to eat for about three or four years now, so it's possible.

Also, Dan  should get some Batman pyjamas.  Batman has had plenty of practice at defeating clowns, after all...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

bradypodidae

I could have sworn that llearch n'n'daCorna was making a cameo in that last panel.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Arcblade

(shudders)  Squiggle, I'm sorry, but the clowns need to go. 

Hugs,
Arcblade

Amber Williams

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on January 07, 2012, 12:15:01 AM
I could have sworn that llearch n'n'daCorna was making a cameo in that last panel.

HOW COULD YOU SEE THROUGH HIS CUNNING DISGUISE?! :U

LoneHowler

Or like a slushy its good nice and slow, but drink it fast and you get brain freeze
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

TheAuldGrump

Do I detect a wiku worm just above and to the right of the bunny clown?

The Auld Grump