From the tombs of the kings, new emotes discovered.

Started by Darkmoon, August 19, 2006, 11:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xHaZxMaTx

All in favor of these 'emotes' being added say, "Aye!"

Credits to the author of Toothpaste for Dinner. :D

Aridas

More like, firefox suxsy. I've got no reason to use firefox until it stops crashing and being slow.

Gabi

I use Firefox and even I'm getting fed up with all the publicity it's getting from its fans. Come on, it's just a browser! There are better things to which you can dedicate yourselves.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Silverfoxr

is it possible for this to became an emote here i made it :)

vulpesweasel

we need a mr. T emote. the world isn't complete with out a Mr. T emote.

and here's some:

xHaZxMaTx

Castle Pokemetroid

I have a barrage of emotes you can add:

This isn't even all of them. I don't have a O rly owl . . .

xHaZxMaTx

Fine, don't add the Firefox emote, but you can't deny this one!

Rowne

Aridas: You're right, that emote is good for numerous uses.  Plus it spreads the grandness that is Cave Story.  That game deserves so much more attention, it deserves to be a true cultural icon, it's art as far as gaming goes.

I love it dearly, I always shall.  Those that don't?  Well, they're probably jealous because they can't do speed-runs through Hell, nyeah!

Gabi: It's to be expected.

It's not just because it's a browser, really, it's because aside from a few licensing issues related to the art alone, it's pretty much open source and open source is all that is pure and good.  People generally go out of their way to promote it.

It should be done more frequently, though and across a broader band of software!

MakeHuman is better than Poser!
Inkscape is better than Illustrator!
The GIMP is better than Photoshop!
GAIM is better than Trillian!
Audacity is better than Goldwave!
VideoLAN is better than WMP!
wGet is better than GetRight!
7-Zip is better than WinRAR!

And after that bout of propoganda, I shall ... *Flee.*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Rowne, the problem is that Gimp is not better than Photoshop, in the hands of a skilled user.

Unfortunately, that's just the way things go.

OTOH, Photoshop isn't exactly cheap, either, so if you can get by with the gimp, you're so much better off...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aridas

Quote from: Rowne on September 19, 2006, 12:07:03 AMGAIM is better than Trillian!
Nuh uh. I have it on good authority that Gaim currently tends to crash during long file transfers.

Leafar

hey dark everyone likes this one:

isn't that right guys? ;)

Rowne

Llearch: I respectfully disagree.  The GIMP can be infinitely better providing that that expert can actually install the varied and myriad plugins available, learn how to use them and even code their own.

The trick with the GIMP is that it's so easily extendible and if Photoshop does something that the GIMP doesn't, it's an easy matter for a decent coder to add it in.

The GIMP versus Photoshop argument will always factor in whether the user can actually unlock either program's functionality well enough and there's more potential in the former than the latter due to the many systems it allows for that extendability.

Whether it's good or bad that the GIMP works that way is down to opinion though really and my opinion sides with good.  It's much like the Opera versus Firfox argument.  Opera comes with a billion features that one might never need and Firefox comes with a friendly codebase that can be extended in every direction that the user desires to extend it in without it becoming bloated.

Aridas: I wasn't aware that anyone actually used IM systems for file transfers anymore.  To be honest, I wish they'd strip that out of Gaim, I've been tempted to try doing that myself and doing yet another custom compile but I'm terrified I'd break it.

I like keeping my IMness to IMs.  Though if it's filesending you're after, MirandaIM does that amazingly well.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Rowne: I agreed with you, right up until I watched someone who had used Photshop for ~4 years do something - resize an image or something, I think.

She took about 4 seconds, of which 3.5 as processing time, and used four or five shortcut keys, and the mouse.

Gimp isn't able to do that - half the tasks aren't shortcutted yet, last I looked. Sure, it's powerful, and sure, it's extensible. So's Photoshop.

FWIW, I firmly believe Gimp is catching up, and nigh on close to taking over. But that's not a killer app, as it were. The killer is the cross-connetion, the point where Gimp overtakes, and -how-...

Castle Pokemetroid

Hey, Darkmoon, I belive that when you click the thing for more emotes, the window that pops up is too small.

Now to find an O rly owl pic . . .

Zedd

Arcalane

llearch n'n'daCorna

He's not holding a nailgun, Sheridan. Can't be having with that. :-)

bill

ITOS

This generic comment was brought to you by:

llearch n'n'daCorna

That's lovely, Bill. The only problem with it is it's running multiple streams, and many times, you only want one of those... :-)

Castle Pokemetroid

If we do add the currently posted emotes, we may need the entire computer screen to properly see them all.

Quote from: BillBuckner on September 20, 2006, 03:53:10 PM

Wow, wee big! Good for giving multiple insults!

Aridas

actually, by the name of the emote, it's a thread recap.

insanekaosx

Wow, fixed my problem with animated gifs not playing correctly *blasted ZoneAlarm*, and so many of these emotes make sense now xD

xHaZxMaTx

LionHeart

Some people have suggested that we need a "shifty eyes" :
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

bill

Aridas

That one's really low budget. It won't make the cut.