Did I get a good deal on my new laptop?

Started by thegayhare, August 16, 2011, 10:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

first off this is my first ever new laptop...

Oh its not cutting edge or top of the line or nothing like that but its new in the box

Soooooo shiney

I've never owned a new laptop mine have all been second hand generaly purchased off ebay

this one is a Acer Aspire AS7739Z with 17.3" Display, Dual-Core Intel Pentium P6100 2.0GHz, 4GB DDR3, 320GB HDD, DVDRW.

I paid $479.99 for the machine I've named RabbitHole

more information on the machine can be found here
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=631885&CatId=4938

so what do you folks think?  did I get a good deal or was I too distracted by the shiney?

SquirrelWizard

eh I'm not a big tech person (been using the same computer for 5 years now) but I can say that alot of a computers value is based on what you expect to do with it, and how long you expect it to last.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

RobbieThe1st

Not a "steal", but you probably didn't get taken; it was on TigerDirect after all, who seems to have fairly good prices.
The only thing to be weary of is that that laptop, like most any under ~$800(used)-$1200 or so, is a "consumer" model. That means it's not built that well - Dropping it will almost surely break something, and within a couple of years, it will be falling apart if you use it(Move it around) every day.

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.