01/07/2011 [PF #177] Questions from the readers: Bish Jakob

Started by Raskahn, July 01, 2011, 11:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raskahn

Bish Jacob, indeed folks.

Dare I say he looks rather fabulous?

Yes, yes i do.

joshofspam

First he would have to have more kids before Jacob would have to worry about that.

But that does bring up the question of how do they get around the break-up that would accompany a change in the interest of sexes in a marriage or personal commitment?

That must be one odd quark to wake up and find out after having (maybe your fifth kid) so many children, you like the same sex as yourself.

Still, all Daryil wanted was first swing at a relationship. It wasn't like Jacob agreed to be Daryil's man toy out right.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on July 01, 2011, 12:35:01 PM
That must be one odd quark to wake up and find out after having (maybe your fifth kid) so many children, you like the same sex as yourself.

That seems to happen a lot with British politicians...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: joshofspam on July 01, 2011, 12:35:01 PM
But that does bring up the question of how do they get around the break-up that would accompany a change in the interest of sexes in a marriage or personal commitment?

FWIW, this is covered in passing in Lois McMaster Bujold's books on Barrayar. Don't go reading them looking for it, though - the series covers some 20 or so books, and the item in question covers perhaps three paragraphs. Specifically, there's a man and wife, and their political enemies (he's fairly high up in the government of his particular geographical area; she's from another one entirely) are wandering around trying to upset the apple cart by telling the (somewhat younger, but not that young, and very very not-naive) wife that the husband liked sex with boys... Her response was "Well, of course. I think it was my uniform that did it for him." which disturbed the person telling her somewhat. Later, she commented something about "Did he think I entered this marriage with my eyes shut or something?"

Reading between the lines, there's a fairly blunt message about liberal-mindedness in there. But then, in twenty books, there's going to be a fair slice of the author's ideas involved anyway...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Daet

Is it just me or does that last panel look like Daryil?

I know it's supposed to be Jakob as Daryil's beau, but to me it looks more like Daryil is cosplaying as Yak.

I think it's the eyes. >.>
Either help fix it or quit complaining.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Daet on July 06, 2011, 10:00:44 AM
Is it just me or does that last panel look like Daryil?

Well, at the risk of spoiling it, this was originally the test art of Simeon.  I can't now remember what possessed me to turn him into Jakob... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Daet

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 06, 2011, 10:28:41 AM
Well, at the risk of spoiling it, this was originally the test art of Simeon.

Ah, that explains it. I thought the eyes looked awful round for Jakob's.

Don't ask why, but that makes me wonder if Daryil made any other changes to clan quirks when he did the wings. <.<   >.>

Matching manicures perhaps?  :mowtongue
Either help fix it or quit complaining.