05/09/2011 [DMFA #1217] - So she nuked it , after all

Started by VAE, May 09, 2011, 12:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

One of the things I'm curious about is whether Dan is remembering an earlier conversation, or whether Cyra is talking to him in his head.  I'm tending towards the latter on the grounds that if she'd said this during their chat, Dan might not have been quite so mad afterwards.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kaerou

Quote from: VAE on May 09, 2011, 12:04:17 AM
Also.. a good answer to anyone thinking dragons are the better alternative to cubi.. they are sortta.. bad and worse, well, from a being outlook.

Except this was one dragon, who was also doing this to other dragons, including his own children, who being his children were dragons?

Does one murderer an entire race condemn?

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 09, 2011, 01:44:31 PM
One of the things I'm curious about is whether Dan is remembering an earlier conversation, or whether Cyra is talking to him in his head.  I'm tending towards the latter on the grounds that if she'd said this during their chat, Dan might not have been quite so mad afterwards.

It's the former.  I tried to subdue the colours to represent a flashback of sorts but I likely failed in that attempt. :/

Kaerou

You didn't fail, I noticed and got it immediately. :)

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

VAE

Quote from: Kaerou on May 09, 2011, 04:45:33 PM
Quote from: VAE on May 09, 2011, 12:04:17 AM
Also.. a good answer to anyone thinking dragons are the better alternative to cubi.. they are sortta.. bad and worse, well, from a being outlook.

Except this was one dragon, who was also doing this to other dragons, including his own children, who being his children were dragons?

Does one murderer an entire race condemn?

Well, except so far, 100% of the well known dragons are... (Hizell and M'Chek) (Pyroduck was raised by cubi, so doesn't count)
And as i think i have mentioned... even from a being perspective Cubi are sortta nicer simply because most of them are less powerful and so can be dealt with. Good luck doing that with a dragon.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Attic Rat

Oh, a flashback scene? I'd assumed Dan was imagining the grandmotherly Cyra speaking while he was reading her words from the history book. That worked, but a flashback works too.

So now we know of two kinds, among the inhabitants of Furrae, who consume souls.
And those two are at war. That actually makes sense. Real-World people's wars are often fought over resources both sides need.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Anker Steadfast

In short, Cyra went om nom nom, and then there was a big  ...
:explosion 
... and then everyone was all like D: and started chasing her all over the place ! amirite ?

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 09, 2011, 07:51:13 AM
One other niggling point, and one that might not be of any consequence, but her clan leader page only says that others agree that it was her ascension that caused the war.  It does seem likely at this point, but the question I'd want answered before I agreed to it being the case 100% is "Do they have all of the facts?"  I'm sure I can get a large group of people to agree to anything if I doctor the facts to their liking and just make it plausible enough for them.  Doesn't mean that what I've told them is true or complete.  I'm not going to scream to the high heavens or debate the point, but the wording is just enough to give me a moments pause.

Indeed. Since we all know how Ambaargh likes twisting words to give us all the wrong impression...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

VAE

Maybe... the way i see it at the moment  is a bit like WWI - the dragons were looking for an excuse to bring it on, the cubi perhaps as well, and Cyra sparked it, though really, someone blowing their nose could have.
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

LoneHowler

Quote from: VAE on May 09, 2011, 03:45:39 AM

True, the "moved on" bit suggests an afterlife etc.
Makes me wonder about Devin.... i mean, his joints etc. are replaced... it is a possibility he got ressurected/zombified a fair bit of time after his physical death.
But then , if undead lack souls. it's irrelevant.

Sorry for the fail post I now edited it properly (I hope)

It was actualy in the comic a few arcs back just after Devin took the rumballs to Jryas house. There was a flashback to when he was a mindless zombie with limbs intact later in the arc it show how he lost them and got them gold plated
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Shachza

Why do you hate dragons so, Amber?  Every one that's not been cubi-fied has been ebil.  It's making me sad.   'A'
            <-- #1 that is!

VAE

Quote from: Shachza on May 10, 2011, 12:06:03 AM
Why do you hate dragons so, Amber?  Every one that's not been cubi-fied has been ebil.  It's making me sad.   'A'
She really hates everyone... The good characters simply didn't get enough screentime to show their ebil ways yet.  :mwaha
Saphroneth

Amber Williams

Don't worry. Given enough time I will probably hate everything equally. :B

lilpuppy23

Abel smiling actually worries me here and I am unsure why...

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 10, 2011, 12:45:25 AM
Don't worry. Given enough time I will probably hate everything equally. :B

[spoiler]But ... that's so preediiiiiictable !!
Hate a few a whole lot more, and love the Mows ... and then at the last moment, declare your undying love for a toaster !![/spoiler]

That'll keep them guessing. :D

SquirrelWizard

Well to be honest, from Cyra's description the M'Chek wasn't absolutely evil. Yes, stealing souls of people is typically an evil act, but the dragon wasn't stomping on people (as far as we can tell from Cyra's recollection) to speed up their deaths. Instead he was merely siphoning off the souls of people who died within the city. So, even as the city's "harvester" he was actually vested in making sure the city was protected, and grew.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

VAE

I'm also pretty sure he made the trains run on time.
Saphroneth

McKathlin

Quote from: SquirrelWizard on May 10, 2011, 01:49:26 AM
Well to be honest, from Cyra's description the M'Chek wasn't absolutely evil. Yes, stealing souls of people is typically an evil act, but the dragon wasn't stomping on people (as far as we can tell from Cyra's recollection) to speed up their deaths. Instead he was merely siphoning off the souls of people who died within the city. So, even as the city's "harvester" he was actually vested in making sure the city was protected, and grew.

True.  I don't think we get a clear picture of whether the end result was a good thing.  But we do learn something of Cyra's motives: they weren't omnicidal, just power-hungry in an I-want-the-best-for-my-family sort of way.

By the way, I like the stylized history book illustrations, and I think that Cyra looks beautiful as an old woman.  And Dan's new look is turning out nicely.  You've got some serious artistic range, Amber.  Sorry that I ever doubted your changes.
"My wisdom is slightly higher than my stupidity." ~Lawenia

Amber Williams

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on May 10, 2011, 12:52:10 AM

Prolly cause its not a common Abel expression.  Abel tends to only smile when he's either being a snark or putting on a facade for others.  If my own memory is serving right, I don't think Abel's been genuinely happy since his mom died.

...yeeg that sounds morbid.   L:

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 10, 2011, 01:12:58 AM

Well, not anymore it won't. Sheesh, I mean, if you want to give advice like that, at least put it behind a spoiler tag!

nevwyn

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 10, 2011, 05:12:44 AM

Prolly cause its not a common Abel expression.  Abel tends to only smile when he's either being a snark or putting on a facade for others.  If my own memory is serving right, I don't think Abel's been genuinely happy since his mom died.

...yeeg that sounds morbid.   L:

See, see all this talk about cities and power mad rulers and most of you missed out the scariest thing in the entire comic!

That said *grabs Abel's tongue and kisses him on the nose* it confuses the heck out of my dog, bet it works on cubi's too  :mowmeep

Anker Steadfast

Offcourse nose beeps work, Jyrras already prooved that. :)

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 10, 2011, 07:01:01 AM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 10, 2011, 01:12:58 AM

Well, not anymore it won't. Sheesh, I mean, if you want to give advice like that, at least put it behind a spoiler tag!

That's a GREAT idea !
In fact, I'm gonna nick that idea and call it mine !

See my newly edited post, isn't it great ? :D

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 10, 2011, 05:12:44 AM

Prolly cause its not a common Abel expression.  Abel tends to only smile when he's either being a snark or putting on a facade for others.  If my own memory is serving right, I don't think Abel's been genuinely happy since his mom died.

...yeeg that sounds morbid.   L:

it's worked for bruce wayne.  :U

edit: on another note this might at least help Dan learn more about who he is, and to know that his family at least isn't incapable of regrets.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Alondro

Quote from: SquirrelWizard on May 10, 2011, 01:49:26 AM

Exactly!  Just like the machines in "The Matrix" just harvested people's heat for energy!  And they weren't evil at... oh wait, they were.

Cubi + Dragons + demons = 100% Ebil. 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Anker Steadfast

Tilendor

Don't forget the dragon that was guarding DP's lair when Dan vanquished him last time, the one that Dan owed money to.  Didn't seem to be an evil dragon to me.

VAE

Quote from: Tilendor on May 10, 2011, 05:03:17 PM
Don't forget the dragon that was guarding DP's lair when Dan vanquished him last time, the one that Dan owed money to.  Didn't seem to be an evil dragon to me.
Only because to be evil you need to pass an aptitude test.
Saphroneth

LoneHowler

Because of a utter fail post earlier. *mutters "damn iPhone"* I bring links.
Devin was resurrected whole http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1181.php and had his arms later gold plated http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1182.php its actually the very next comic
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Grey Wolf

Quote from: VAE on May 10, 2011, 05:04:10 PM
Quote from: Tilendor on May 10, 2011, 05:03:17 PM
Only because to be evil you need to pass an aptitude test.
Hey, now. There are other examples.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.