25/04/2011 [DMFA #1213] - Cyra makes a cute old lady

Started by Feather Dancer, April 25, 2011, 03:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shachza

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 25, 2011, 04:33:49 PM
TlDr: One sided Hive miIIiiiiIiind.

Tyranid fan?   :U

Cyra plays a great grandmother.  (And a great-grandmother as well!  har har har.)  I wonder if she would change her mind about great-grandchildren if she knew about this page.
            <-- #1 that is!

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Shachza on April 25, 2011, 08:22:29 PM
Cyra plays a great grandmother.  (And a great-grandmother as well!  har har har.)  I wonder if she would change her mind about great-grandchildren if she knew about this page.

Already brought up, annnd... no?
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Scrap Fish

Mmm...yeah. Agreed.
Cyra's liable to have seen worse in her lifetime. Just because it's strange to us does not apply that a magical shapeshifting ninja grandma would think the same. (Did I mention that she's telepathic and several hundred thousand years old?)

...Part creepy, part really cool. I'd average it out to an "interesting."
So, quite basically, Dan having grown up without this contact has created quite the culture shock for both? Makes me wonder just how long Cyra's been out of contact with the rest of the world...
...barring Destina of course. I mean, surely she wouldn't be skipping out on "talks with mother," right?
Even so, I suppose that would not be enough to prepare for the special-ness of Dan's situation.

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

Techcubi

Quote from: Scrap Fish on April 25, 2011, 09:47:25 PM
Mmm...yeah. Agreed.
Cyra's liable to have seen worse in her lifetime. Just because it's strange to us does not apply that a magical shapeshifting ninja grandma would think the same. (Did I mention that she's telepathic and several hundred thousand years old?)

...Part creepy, part really cool. I'd average it out to an "interesting."
So, quite basically, Dan having grown up without this contact has created quite the culture shock for both? Makes me wonder just how long Cyra's been out of contact with the rest of the world...
...barring Destina of course. I mean, surely she wouldn't be skipping out on "talks with mother," right?
Even so, I suppose that would not be enough to prepare for the special-ness of Dan's situation.

Well, since Destania can't really dream anymore, it's probably at least been a while since they last talked, right?

Sienna Maiu - M T

It was stated that she had "long since given up the ability to dream", which of course led to the thought that communication could only happen in dreams...
However, since then it seems that there are other ways for her to get in touch... she just hasn't been doing so. (I think that somebody is avoiding something~ :.)

Though, on Amber's note of the Catch 22... it's like that time that "Biggs" thought "if you're reading my mind, I'll punch you" Cyra could have not mentioned that she had read Daniel's mind. ... but on the other hand, he'll probably have found out eventually, so she probably figured or even saw in his mind, that honesty would be the best policy (if Daniel found out later, he could feel very betrayed that she had not told him that she could read him like a book and was indeed "expected to do so").
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

lilpuppy23

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 25, 2011, 01:40:20 PM
Does elder Cyra look Chinese to anyone else?

Oh yeah, I see it too...

Also, try as he might, Dan will never be able to avoid the Great-Grandchildren request. Nobody can!

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on April 26, 2011, 12:32:36 AM
Also, try as he might, Dan will never be able to avoid the *snip* Grandchildren request. Nobody can!

Why do you think that Destania stopped talking to her mother? ;)
my art thread

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Infranscia on April 25, 2011, 04:29:35 PM
Normally when Cubi shift fake-clothes, the clan mark still appears on top, but it looks like Tri-Wings have the ability to hide said markings.  She's also hiding her third-wings.  So overall, it looks like she's trying to be more modest (again, no joke intended).

Either that, or this is a dream-state, and hence the usual rules don't apply. Gee, might that be the case? ;-]

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Psy-Kosh

As far as great grandchildren and the hypothetical child of Dan and Matilda...

Am I the only one here that thinks Dantilda (do we have any more useful name for her) is cute?

EDIT: Also, as far as nice and sweet granny Cyra... just remember, Cyra is the mistress of _pain_, and also apparently ascended via some unspecified but apparently _very_ naughty means.

She may dote on her grandchildren, but other than how she feels about family, I don't think we know enough to really know Cyra to be non-evil. Based on what we know, it is likely that at least in the past she was at least in the past a rather nasty piece of work.

LionHeart

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on April 26, 2011, 01:09:08 PM
As far as great grandchildren and the hypothetical child of Dan and Matilda...

Am I the only one here that thinks Dantilda (do we have any more useful name for her) is cute?

Amber once referred to her as "Megan". I think that's about the closest we have to an "official" name for her.

And yes, she is cute.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: LionHeart on April 26, 2011, 01:53:12 PM
Amber once referred to her as "Megan". I think that's about the closest we have to an "official" name for her.

And yes, she is cute.

Oh yeah. I thought I remembered that there was some name... Megan sounds familiar now that you mention it.

Anker Steadfast

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 25, 2011, 02:32:34 PM
Quote from: Maark30 on April 25, 2011, 10:17:59 AM
I kind of wonder what her reaction to the great-grand kids will be if they turn out to be his and Matillda's.  I just keep remembering the image that Amber came up with for the Hybrid Genetics lecture http://www.missmab.com/Demo/HG02.php
Cubi are Cubi. My guess is that she'll think they're cute as a button.
Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 25, 2011, 08:41:01 PM
Quote from: Shachza on April 25, 2011, 08:22:29 PM
Already brought up, annnd... no?
I believe that answers that question.

EDIT: Also, as far as nice and sweet granny Cyra... just remember, Cyra is the mistress of _pain_, and also apparently ascended via some unspecified but apparently _very_ naughty means.

She may dote on her grandchildren, but other than how she feels about family, I don't think we know enough to really know Cyra to be non-evil. Based on what we know, it is likely that at least in the past she was at least in the past a rather nasty piece of work.
But that's the whole point then, isn't it?
We're discussing her family relations, which assumably are powerful among clan members, not least of all because of the psychic link.
my art thread

AmigaDragon

Quote from: AndersW on April 25, 2011, 01:43:39 PM
Quote from: MT Hazard on April 25, 2011, 01:40:20 PM
Does elder Cyra look Chinese to anyone else?

Its the kimono.

I also notice that it is now covering her clan mark.
Quote from: Infranscia on April 25, 2011, 04:29:35 PMNormally when Cubi shift fake-clothes, the clan mark still appears on top, but it looks like Tri-Wings have the ability to hide said markings.  She's also hiding her third-wings.  So overall, it looks like she's trying to be more modest (again, no joke intended).
In a dreamscape, I think shapeshifting limitations like "can't shapeshift the mark away" mean nothing. But even so, while shapeshifting can give the appearance of clothing on any part of the body, using another part (like buttwings) to cover it up is quite likely allowable, just like overtly covering over it with your hand, hair or wing.

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 25, 2011, 02:32:34 PM
Quote from: Blackwolf359 on April 25, 2011, 04:44:25 AM
His reaction is slightly less amusing than Pyroducks when Fa'Lina brought up the subject of grandchildren.
Well, if you think about it Dan probably wants children. However, he probably does not want to have the awkward conversation of not having found the right girl to have said children with yet. (And I wonder, just what would grandma think of his obsession with Amazons.)
I'm not so sure Dan has hinted at any desire for children, he may be more interested in the happyfuntime that comes before them. :mowwink

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 25, 2011, 04:33:49 PMThe average Cubi (with a clan leader) would know that when you tap into your Clan Leader, you are giving them full access to your mental archives. Dan though isn't really average, and Cyra has picked up on that and thus is adjusting accordingly.  It's kind of catch 22 in that Cyra didn't know that Dan didn't know about the mental information share until she did the mental information share, so it's a bit of a "oops" on both parts there.
Kinda reminds me of all those Facebook apps wanting access to your information.

[OT] What does the page titlebar's "bah ram ewe" have to do with the strip? [/OT]
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 27, 2011, 11:05:23 PM
I'm not so sure Dan has hinted at any desire for children, he may be more interested in the happyfuntime that comes before them. :mowwink
Dan strikes me as the type who wants a family, some day.

Quote[OT] What does the page titlebar's "bah ram ewe" have to do with the strip? [/OT]
Just how often then does the titlebar have anything to do with the comic strip?
my art thread

AmigaDragon

I've noticed that frequently the titlebar  has similar text as the caption under the comic, otherwise it has something to do with the rant (not this time though apparently).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Sienna Maiu - M T

my art thread

Ghostwish

Amber is Amber, which means Amber does Amber while Amber.

(rumor is that if you say her name enough, she turns into a fraggle.)

Anker Steadfast

Mr_M

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 28, 2011, 11:59:51 AM
... I thought she was already a Fraggle ?

No, no. Amber thinks she's already a fraggle. She needs our help to actually turn her into one. That's the true scheme behind DMFA.

Sienna Maiu - M T

I suppose that if Cyra is going to swat Daniel with her cane, it'll be any time now and with a resounding "and next time wear a shirt around your old granny! D:<"
my art thread

Anker Steadfast

I think she has seen enough (half naked) men during her life, not to really worry about appearances by now.
And if she is bothered, she sure isn't showing it.

Naldru

Quote from: Mr_M on April 28, 2011, 07:29:27 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 28, 2011, 11:59:51 AM
... I thought she was already a Fraggle ?
No, no. Amber thinks she's already a fraggle. She needs our help to actually turn her into one. That's the true scheme behind DMFA.
I believe that this is the relevant strip on this subject.

With regard to Cyra having seen half-naked men, remember that, like the Shadow, she knows what evil lurks in the minds of beings.  That has to be worse than anything she has seen in the physical world.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.