07/04/2011 [DMFA #1208] - Tutoring the basics

Started by Madd the Sane, April 08, 2011, 12:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madd the Sane

I had a hard time coming up with the title for this one  :<
So Abel apparently isn't confident with his teaching abilities.  Then again, the teachers at SAIA have had centuries to master their teaching art.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

joshofspam

You should always wear a shirt when you talk to your grandma. That's common sense really. :P

So does anyone think that Aaryanna will insisted that Dan take her class? I have a feeling Dan might take a few classes with the Taun. >:3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Igiul283

I know that its probably the way of the new format, but this comic in particular looks very neat, the angles that Amber drew here look really great and the page jumped out at me, especially the angle given in the first panel.

I am intrigued on going back to the academy, there are a lot of questions that may only be answered by Fa'Lina herself, such as most of the situation regarding the SoulStealer household as well as getting to catch up on a few characters that I'm sure more than a few people miss.

Maark30

Quote from: Igiul283 on April 08, 2011, 02:30:00 AM
I know that its probably the way of the new format, but this comic in particular looks very neat, the angles that Amber drew here look really great and the page jumped out at me, especially the angle given in the first panel.

I am intrigued on going back to the academy, there are a lot of questions that may only be answered by Fa'Lina herself, such as most of the situation regarding the SoulStealer household as well as getting to catch up on a few characters that I'm sure more than a few people miss.

:mowmeep True.  It would be nice to see how Mink and Abel are nowadays.  The last time we saw then interact was just under 400 years ago after all.  :mowdizzy
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Howl

There goes Abel looking like a girl again. I don't object.

Tapewolf

It would be good to see Cyra again.  She wasn't wearing a shirt either, mind - and if the only way Dan can contact her is by going to sleep, whether Dan is wearing one or not is kind of immaterial...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Raffe

Aww, won't Abel see Kria before he leaves?
Hooray ellipsis!

Anker Steadfast

While Abel has been away, he has gone all feminine and Mink  is probably a goth now.  :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Turnsky

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 08, 2011, 06:45:22 AM
While Abel has been away, he has gone all feminine and Mink  is probably a goth now.  :D

i'm fairly certain Mink's a constant.

still, Dan bringing squid home for dinner is a rather amusing thought at the very least.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

MT Hazard

Looks like we're all set for Dan's adventure to SAIA part 2, after a talk with a grandmother that may have started the cubi-dragon war. Considering that she has been a cubi for millennia and what she was wearing before I don't think a shirtless Dan will phase her.

Also, The reason Abel's hair doesn't weight down one side of his head.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Sian

I actually liked Abel's hair back in the last panel of 1203, sort of a feathered bob look. I'd be happy if Ambarrgh gives us more of that.

Prof B Hunnydew

I  love Abel's hair ,   and Amber's private jokes with herself {and us}.... Abel seems to give her loads of trouble and amusement ....

:mowcookie PBH

:mowmeep Shirtless Dan  :mwaha

Drayco84

QuoteAbel's hair never fails to crack me up. It's like every morning it was kissed by little 80's fashion faeries.

Heaven help us if she ever starts actively mimicking hairstyles from anime...

So, wagers as to how Dan gets in touch with Cyra!

1: Dream
2: Warp-Aci
3: Psychic link
4: Magic (You outta learn it someday, Dan!)
5: Telephone
6: Email

My guess? Well, via telephone WOULD be funny...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drayco84 on April 08, 2011, 01:15:57 PM

Dream or some similar psychic link would be my guess.  Dan visiting her physically seems a little unlikely while the dragons still want her dead.

joshofspam

My guess on a type of contact would probably be through dream or Psychic link too.

Though I would also think that Cyra would eventually like to meet her grandson in person too. Bringing Dan to her or possibly appearing a few minutes might not be to far a stretch.

Fa'lina after all went to eventually get Dan and while dragons might be hunting, she might get away with it as long as she doesn't make it routine practice.

Caswin

Quote from: Igiul283 on April 08, 2011, 02:30:00 AM
Whatever I was going to say, this said it more articulately than I would have.

That's not saying much, since the best I could come up with to convey my reaction to this page was:

[inhale]
ART!
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Infranscia

*plays Boston's Higher Power*  Song title for every occasion.  :mowwink

Dan talking to Cyra again, huh?  *glances at the Radio Project* Please no swears or anything, Amber.  Call me what you want, guys, but I don't like using them, even in acting and whatnot. >.>

Quote from: Drayco84 on April 08, 2011, 01:15:57 PMSo, wagers as to how Dan gets in touch with Cyra!

1: Dream
2: Warp-Aci
3: Psychic link
4: Magic (You outta learn it someday, Dan!)
5: Telephone
6: Email

I'm guessing psychic link.  ("If you wish [to speak with me], I will know.")  Personally, I'm wondering whether or not Dan will be asking Abel for help with such contact.  ("You have allies who will also know ways.")

As funny as telephone/internet would be, somehow I'm thinking Cyra would be a bit too behind the times to know about those. X3

Dan: What if I just want to ask a quick question or something?  Do you have an email address?
Cyra: What's an email?
Dan: ... Okay then, how about a LiveJournal? ... MySpace?  Facebook?
Cyra: *blank stare before pulling the info out of Dan's mind*
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Evilkritter

Okay, so I read today's comic, and my mind ruptured. I can SEE the difference but I don't KNOW what it is! I stare at 1208, then 1207, then 1208, and I can cognitively identify the differences! Now that it has been pointed out (by Igiul283) I realize that the first panel has a really nice angled perspective, but that isn't all, and I am unable to define the difference!

The EYES! I just noticed that the eyes have shine spots! And have had them for a while...

I guess it is the larger image throwing me off.

ANYWAY. Excellent work Amber, you are the single most adaptive and experimental webcomic artist I have ever heard of.

----

Drayco84 I am betting on 1) Dream visions in his SLEEP!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Infranscia on April 08, 2011, 03:40:39 PM
Dan talking to Cyra again, huh?  *glances at the Radio Project* Please no swears or anything, Amber.  Call me what you want, guys, but I don't like using them, even in acting and whatnot. >.>

Depends what your swearing tolerance is, I guess.  I don't exactly see Cyra as being a foul-mouthed and in any case the comic is PG-rated.
Not that we can really do much without Dan at the moment anyhow :<

lilpuppy23

Wasn't Dan not wearing a shirt the last time he saw Cyra?

Why would he need one now???

EDIT: Just realized he wasn't wearing pants either. Don't see why he would need a shirt thist time unless it was in person or something similar...

MT Hazard

For some reason I'm reminded of 308 and 310. Perhaps it because Dan has reached the point he cannot deny his heritage, even subconsciously.

Also had the depressing thought that by the time he's hit mid life hardly any of the main cast will still be alive.

Insomniac

I really like how dan looks in the last panel of this comic.  And I always like the way Abel looks :boogie
Pretty excited to be seeing cyra again.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 08, 2011, 02:06:58 PM
Quote from: Drayco84 on April 08, 2011, 01:15:57 PM

Dream or some similar psychic link would be my guess.  Dan visiting her physically seems a little unlikely while the dragons still want her dead.

Bet you a drawing that it's Facebook (or the furrae equivalent)  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

joshofspam

Maybe a more fascinating question would be where would they meet again?

Dan meet Cyra in a dream scape fairly similar to some of the locations in the Fae world.

There isn't much of a way to tell how Dan will make contact, but that goes just as so for where they'll do the talking as well.

I don't really think I could see Cyra acting all grandmotherly like while baking Dan cookies, can any of you?

Anker Steadfast

Cyra and Cookies ?

... nah ...

She's more likely to steal some of Fa'Lina's cookies.  :D

Anyways, I think contacting her by Telephone would be pretty neat.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 08, 2011, 07:21:27 PM
Also had the depressing thought that by the time he's hit mid life hardly any of the main cast will still be alive.

Destania? Lorenda? Kria? Matilda? Fa'Lina? Pyroduck? Abel? Dead Pegasus? Regina? Aaryanna? Devin? Macy? Deebs?

Heck, the list of those who won't be alive could be shorter:
Wildy (maybe, we don't know), Ed, Alexsi (maybe - Pyro could have something up his sleeve), Jyrras (unless he comes up with a solution), Biggs (same as Wildy), Merlitz, ... who else?

I make that 13 to 6. Care to reconsider?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

MT Hazard

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 09, 2011, 04:37:19 AM

Destania? Lorenda? Kria? Matilda? Fa'Lina? Pyroduck? Abel? Dead Pegasus? Regina? Aaryanna? Devin? Macy? Deebs?

Wildy (maybe, we don't know), Ed, Alexsi (maybe - Pyro could have something up his sleeve), Jyrras (unless he comes up with a solution), Biggs (same as Wildy), Merlitz, ... who else?

• Lorenda Kria and Dark Pegasus are all demons (and one half demon) - demon life span is around 1500.  D.P may be an exception but Dan may also kill him again.

• Devin - how long will he survive without Kria?

• Macy and Debbs - probably won't hang around that long after Jyrras.

• Pip  - Unless Mab extends his life span.

• Jyrras's parents and sisters - not exactly main cast I know, but all beings

• Fi - not dead but sent home, 1475 years is a long time to be bound to one person

Still, could probably could change 'hardly any' to 'a significant chunk'.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on April 08, 2011, 08:26:47 PM
Bet you a drawing that it's Facebook (or the furrae equivalent)  >:3

Oh, that would certainly rock.  I just don't see Cyra being quite that up-to-date.

"The only reason anyone knows Cyra herself is still alive is because of her Twitter feed."

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 09, 2011, 05:46:06 AM
Lorenda Kria and Dark Pegasus are all demons (and one half demon) - demon life span is around 1500.  D.P may be an exception but Dan may also kill him again.
I suspect that if they really want to live longer, they will go out and steal a few souls or something.  Not nice, but it is definitely an option and I certainly wouldn't put Kria or DP past it.

I'm not sure what Pip's lifespan would be, assuming he is actually a Drake and not a disguised Fae or something.

D'ymkarra

'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

AxiLarin

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 09, 2011, 04:37:19 AM

That's a long time to consider.  Any beings like Jyraas, Merlitz, Wildy, Biggs, Alexsi, and Edward would all be long gone.
Faes like Mab, Azlan, Neni, Rose, Nutmeg, and Albanion won't die... unless one of them opts to call it quits.
Abel, Aaryanna, Pyroduck, Matilda, and Kria are all very young yet.  Even Fa'Lina at 9,288 is not that old in comparision to other Cubi tri-wing.  If Lorenda inherits her mother's lifespan, she'd still be around.
Deebs and Macy are lifeforms, yes, but it's difficult to tell what the criteria is for their continued existance.  For all we know, they could be near-immortal.
Likewise, it's hard to tell how long Devin will live until he degrades.  D.P., on the other hand, may only be a couple death/resurrections away from losing his essence.  Dan.. take Kria's hint... cremation next time.
Pip... *shrug*
Ambaarrgh and Fluffy?  After gradually building up resistance to every known strain of cold and flu... Yeah, they're going to outlive us all.  :mowdizzy