01/04/2011 [DMFA #1206] - Kria's got a magic touch after all.

Started by RobbieThe1st, April 01, 2011, 02:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobbieThe1st

Heh. Seems like Kria's got some power here. If it wasn't Alcohol, and it wasn't the "heat of the moment"...
I suppose Kria would have almost -had- to learn -something- after all those years. :P

Edit: Fixed your title.
  -- llearch

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

AxiLarin

Wow... well, that's refreshing to know that Dan didn't willing happen into this situation.  I mean, Kria's hot and all, but still...  So apparently Kria used some sort of mind control (or slipped him some roofies, but it's more fun to say it was her special abilities).  I wonder what her full plan was... how far she was willing to go. *koff*  Was it anything beyond just seducing Dan?
BTW, great job of letting yourself go with the new format, Amber.  Bigger sometimes is better, and I'm getting used to Dan's new look now.

AmigaDragon

Skipping the comic to comment on the first part of the rant...

This year's April Fools prank is... NO PRANK! :kruger
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

So Dan is kind of worried in case it's a 'Cubi thing, by the looks.

I am kind of curious what Dan got out of the bargain with DP.  It can't just be a truce, because Dan has always been after DP for his deeds, Dan's own safety has come second.  It would have to be something like "I'll stop trying to invade HollyAnn, the Twink Territories and leave the Dark God alone."
Even so, I wonder how Dee will take this development.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jaerys

It's possible that Dan's behavior wasn't Kria's fault.  Dark Pegasus may have put Dan in a suggestible state while convincing Dan to stop trying to kill Regina.  Kria's flirty behavior would explain the rest.  Admittedly, this is a pretty flimsy hypothesis since Dan realizes his actions with Kria weren't his own choice but thinks the conversation with Dark Pegasus was normal.  There's probably some third option I haven't thought of in any case.

LordViking

I understand that not being in control over your actions has a higher priority then a deal made with your archenemy over not killing his underling/niece that you vowed to destroy to the point it almost seemed your life's goal, but only slightly... You know, seeing how he reacted just upon seeing Regina, how did he ever agree with such a promise?
I wouldn't be surprised if the promise to DP and (almost) snogging with Kria are related and it might not be a cubi thing at all, maybe just some spiked drinks and I don't mean with alcohol as he already said it felt different. And even drunk he probably wouldn't make such a promise.

MT Hazard

Maybe there is some family involvement in Dan's out of character behaviour, perhaps they thought powerful demoness would make a good partner for grandson Dan

Cyra:  "Assuming direct control"
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Insomniac

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 01, 2011, 06:43:25 AM
Maybe there is some family involvement in Dan's out of character behaviour, perhaps they thought powerful demoness would make a good partner for grandson Dan

Cyra:  "Assuming direct control"
This.  This is awesome.
Also, loving the Miss Frizzle reference in the rant for this page of the comic.

Blackwolf359

I'm sure Wildy wont kill Dan to much after hearing his reasoning... If he gets the chance to tell her his reasoning...

Miss Frizzle reference in the rant is win.
If someone pushes you into the abyss...Jump and grab them so they can race you to the bottom :P

POODLE! That is all.

Tapewolf

Random anecdote time: About 10 years ago I used to cycle to work at a place in Swindon.  There was a particularly nasty roundabout at Drake's Way (Lat 51.571096, Lon -1.750844 for those who are curious) which I had to cross in about three places to get to the cycle path I needed on Dorcan Way.  There was no crossing there, so it was the most horrible and dangerous part of the journey and required a huge amount of concentration.

One morning, I had a fairly typical journey until I was about 100 yards down Dorcan Way, when I suddenly realised that I had no recollection of crossing the roundabout whatsoever.  Apparently I crossed the whole thing on autopilot, which was a pretty scary experience.

So yes, I can see why Dan might be a bit concerned if he ends up making out with people while on autopilot.

It will be interesting to find out if this a clan trait, a 'Cubi trait, mental problems or an external influence - Abel's reaction and take on this could be rather interesting, assuming they don't get sidetracked about Regina instead, which is also possible.

Mr_M

This is indeed an interesting development, and now I am officially confused. Not by the fact that Dan was cornered by Kria, but because I'm wondering just how the hell he managed to keep from decapitating Regina during the whole party. Might be how he went into "auto-pilot mode."

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mr_M on April 01, 2011, 09:06:06 AM
I'm wondering just how the hell he managed to keep from decapitating Regina during the whole party.

She wasn't there (1147) unless something changed.  Kria knew it would cause too many problems.

Mr_M

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 01, 2011, 09:16:34 AM
Quote from: Mr_M on April 01, 2011, 09:06:06 AM
I'm wondering just how the hell he managed to keep from decapitating Regina during the whole party.

She wasn't there (1147) unless something changed.  Kria knew it would cause too many problems.

Oh, right, I remember now.  Thanks for correcting me.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mr_M on April 01, 2011, 09:19:48 AM
Oh, right, I remember now.  Thanks for correcting me.

No problem.  Reading that strip again is interesting, since it hints at something between the two of them that Regina isn't party to.  Might want to add that to your plot thread summary.
[EDIT: Or I could be way off-base and it could simply be that they have no clue why Dan objects to Regina using him to kill his friends]

Stig Hemmer

On the rant:  Experiment away!  Todays Dan looks much better then he used to do.

Tomorrows(or rather, next months/years) cast will look even better.  If some experiments should fail along the path, that is an important part of the learning process too.

Cheering you on: :boogie :cvheart :boogie
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Alondro

*Charles comprehends Dan's problem!*  It's all very simple!  Dan is starting to channel the untapped Cubi powers within him and will soon become a Super SAIA-yan!   :giggle

*Charline erms*   :stupid
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

nevwyn

I forget, what does Dan's cubi clan feed off again? Anger or some emotion like it? If I was DP and or Regina, and my enemy was sitting across the table from me and I wasn't allowed to kill him I would be all but boiling over with suppressed emotions.

Maybe Dan got buzzed on his first emotion feeding, and seeing as he can't do it consciously currently doesn't realize it.  :mowcookie

Tapewolf

Quote from: nevwyn on April 01, 2011, 11:38:59 AM
I forget, what does Dan's cubi clan feed off again? Anger or some emotion like it?

Cyra Clan's affinity is pain.  Dan's personal affinity is for justice, doing good deeds or something along those lines.
Note that those aren't the only emotions he can feed on, but he does get more of a kick out of them [pain, justice] as far as I know.

Bakoneko

Must give Dan props. Even though he must suspect this could be a 'Cubi thing, he's not all up in Abel's face, demanding to know whether being an Incubus means he's always going to be involved in seduction situations against his will and this sucks and how does he turn it off? He's grown! ^^ Taken together with the earlier strip where he wanted to apologize to Abel for being unfair to him...

Maybe that longer, more masculine face is a sign of his new emotional maturity.   :mowcookie
~ Bakoneko >^^<

*** Is a girl ***

Infranscia

I find it kinda funny that Dan thinks he's the very first to admit he's done some really stupid things (and accept them as such). X3

I think Amber's really starting to get the hang of Dan's muscle-y look.  It's really starting to look natural and realistic.  :mowmeep  Well done.

Yeah... I can see how Dan would be unsettled.  :mowsad  And yeah, I agree that it may be Cubi-related somehow, even if it's just that the 'absorbing thoughts and emotions' thing makes him more vulnerable to something being used on him.  Could be a number of different things, really.  Possibly combined.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

joshofspam

Oh yes. One problem at a time.

Wouldn't do to be mauled to the point of being confide to bed before you fix that other problem. :P

Now I wonder how Regina will take this new information? >:3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Shachza

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 01, 2011, 07:11:00 AM
Random anecdote time: About 10 years ago I used to cycle to work at a place in Swindon.  There was a particularly nasty roundabout at Drake's Way (Lat 51.571096, Lon -1.750844 for those who are curious) which I had to cross in about three places to get to the cycle path I needed on Dorcan Way.  There was no crossing there, so it was the most horrible and dangerous part of the journey and required a huge amount of concentration.

One morning, I had a fairly typical journey until I was about 100 yards down Dorcan Way, when I suddenly realised that I had no recollection of crossing the roundabout whatsoever.  Apparently I crossed the whole thing on autopilot, which was a pretty scary experience.

So yes, I can see why Dan might be a bit concerned if he ends up making out with people while on autopilot.

It will be interesting to find out if this a clan trait, a 'Cubi trait, mental problems or an external influence - Abel's reaction and take on this could be rather interesting, assuming they don't get sidetracked about Regina instead, which is also possible.

Autopilot situations are scary.   :c  I understand what you're talking about; I can autopilot drive my car.  Not remembering busy intersections or long stretches of road, especially if you "come to" with several other cars around you, is intimidating at best.  It's why I'm normally an extra-careful driver.

It doesn't sound quite like Dan thinks he was on autopilot though.  He talks about not being in control.  Like he was there but couldn't exercize normal control.  He even related it to being "drunk!"
            <-- #1 that is!

lilpuppy23

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 01, 2011, 11:18:45 AM
Quote from: Blackwolf359 on April 01, 2011, 06:58:14 AM
Miss Frizzle reference in the rant is win.

Who?

Miss Frizzle is the Teacher/Bus driver in "The Magic School Bus" book series.

Each book involves her trying to teach the class and then leading them on a long field trip. That in of itself might sound quite normal but it's a "Magic" bus.

I can't describe it well, their adventures vary widely in scope so I'll let Wikipedia explain it  :B

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magic_School_Bus

Prroul

Something interesting to note: Dan said he won't kill Regina. Nothing was mentioned in regards to 'harm', 'horribly mutilate', or 'OMG PLZ KILL ME NOW!!!!'... just that he wouldn't kill her. Although that doesn't really sound like the Dan we all know... well... there's a first time for everything, and Regina really, really pissed him off...

Also to note: He never said Wildy couldn't kill her... whatever was offered was evidentially enough to let Dan step aside and let Wildy take her shot uncontested.

Naldru

There are those who feel that Miss Frizzle was guilty of child endangerment, along with Miss Tickle.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

D'ymkarra

Perhaps there's some sort of subliminal magical influence (non-cubi) at work here; It would be one thing for Dan to fall victim to Kria's wiles, but for him to promise anything to DP, especially regarding Regina, seems it would take nothing short of him 'losing his mind' so to speak..

Speaking thus, as Prroul pointed out, he never said Wildy couldn't do it  :kruger

Also, random fires aside, where was Lorenda while all this was going down?
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Tapewolf

Quote from: D'ymkarra on April 02, 2011, 08:48:40 AM
Perhaps there's some sort of subliminal magical influence (non-cubi) at work here; It would be one thing for Dan to fall victim to Kria's wiles, but for him to promise anything to DP, especially regarding Regina, seems it would take nothing short of him 'losing his mind' so to speak..

I don't know.  If Dark Pegasus agreed via a legally-binding contract to stick to gardening or something for the next 600 years, a truce with Regina might not be a bad price to pay.  Though Wildy might not agree.

Anker Steadfast

A large bosomed female friend of mine once put me on autopilot too, by holding my head one foot lower than normal.
Indeed, I had trouble looking her in the eyes !

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Starcat5

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on April 01, 2011, 08:32:12 PM
Miss Frizzle is the Teacher/Bus driver in "The Magic School Bus" book series.

Book series? What book series? I only know about the cartoon. A cartoon that I can and DO still watch if I come across it on TV.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah