03/21/11 [10-03] The costs of service

Started by AmigaDragon, March 21, 2011, 10:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

joshofspam

Quote from: AmigaDragon on March 21, 2011, 10:17:01 AM
This really rocks Gadel's foundation.

And in more ways in one.

But I'm guessing that last confession really shocked Gadel. So many things could be going through her mind right now.

"Why are we not at war with them right now?"

"Foreign diplomats have died in my land?"

"Do they blame me as well?"

So many more possibilities and Gadel is learning that just because you have magic doesn't mean someone without it can't bring you down.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: joshofspam on March 21, 2011, 11:09:18 AM
So many more possibilities and Gadel is learning that just because you have magic doesn't mean someone without it can't bring you down.

Not yet, she's not. So far, she's learned that lots of people without magic have _tried_ to bring magic-users down.

What she hasn't learned is how many of them have succeeded. Unless, of course, you think back to Max and Ruby in Astoria. I'm still not sure what she picked up from that, though, since she treated Max like a slave as a result; I suspect that what she learned is not what I'd learn, and vice versa. But then, she's looking at the situation while blinkered by her preconceptions, just as I do; I just like to think I've managed to broaden my mind enough to let me be a bit more open than she has been shown to be.

She's still young, though. Lots of time to learn, one hopes.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AmigaDragon

Though technically, Doodle didn't say "deaths", she said "lives lost". this leaves a possibility of some rescues if there's a fine line between the two. Look at Winnie, she's "dead" in Gadel's mind, while the truth is a life lost into slavery.

QuoteSo many more possibilities and Gadel is learning that just because you have magic doesn't mean someone without it can't bring you down.

Wait 'til she learns Hunter stood up to a high ranking fae without magic AND training, and survived.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Anodyne

Quote from: AmigaDragon on March 21, 2011, 09:20:52 PM

Though technically, Doodle didn't say "deaths", she said "lives lost". this leaves a possibility of some rescues if there's a fine line between the two. Look at Winnie, she's "dead" in Gadel's mind, while the truth is a life lost into slavery.

QuoteSo many more possibilities and Gadel is learning that just because you have magic doesn't mean someone without it can't bring you down.

Wait 'til she learns Hunter stood up to a high ranking fae without magic AND training, and survived.

"Anyone can get lucky once" might be her reaction to that piece of information.

And yes, technically Doodle didn't say "deaths" - that doesn't mean that the majority of those don't represent fatalities. It doesn't even mean that none of them do. It just means that perhaps Doodle is trying to be gentle about breaking the news to Gadel that, yes, Astoria is responsible for a (perhaps disproportionately) large number of the agents that have been lost.

Once Gadel does learn and process the fact that the agency has people who not only can take down mages but taught the method to others and make a habit of doing it when they think the mages are a danger to the common people? That's when she's going to have the "why are they not trying to wipe us from the map?" moment, if she hasn't already had it.