08/03/2011 [DMFA# 1200] - Planning for every contingency.

Started by AndersW, March 08, 2011, 04:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

It looks like they are planning on a fight breaking out at the party.  And you know what they say about plans.

ITOS

Quote from: AndersW on March 08, 2011, 04:07:51 PM
And you know what they say about plans.

That they are commonly understood as temporal sets of intended actions, through which one expects to achieve goals?
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Baal Hadad

Abel has no idea what bar mitzvahs are.

That was the main part that stood out to me.

<.<

>.>

Tapewolf

It looks like they are planning on a fight breaking out at the party.  And you know what they say about plans.

They survive until the battlefield...

Something about this whole strip just makes me giggle.  Probably the fact that they've actually obtained plans of the house.  Anyway, I'm glad this strip is late for a straightforward reason.  I was worried Amber had had yet another crisis and was now planning to declare war on March as well...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

This reminds me of the plans for my brother's wedding...

And we now need a picture of Biggs dressed as a rabbi and saying "Oy-vey!"   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

joshofspam

It looks like they are planning on a fight breaking out at the party.  And you know what they say about plans.

Even the best laid plans sometimes don't survive the battle field? Life is unpredictable so be prepared to modify your plans on the fly? Never put your eggs in one basket? Rigid planning lacks the flexibility to succeed in a chaotic life? I suppose plans can be rather irritating when it doesn't go your way.

Funny thing here is if Abel takes a few minute looks at this plan and decides this is the kind of thing that he'll have to keep an eye on Dan so he doesn't get killed like what almost happened last visit to the Soulstealer's estate. I mean Abel has got to have some good impute for the plan that Wildy and Dan could use.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

lycaonpictus77

I am just dying to see Abel get in on some of this dinner action. Whether he knows it's at the Soulstealer residence or not, he needs to go, and have a conversation with Kria--or with Devin. Maybe even both! :3 Oh, I hope so.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

terrycloth

If they're planning on starting a fight, and no plan survives contact with the enemy, that's a surefire way to guarantee a trouble-free meal!

"If you want a piece of birthday cake, prepare for war."

Infranscia

Quote from: AndersW on March 08, 2011, 04:07:51 PMIt looks like they are planning on a fight breaking out at the party.  And you know what they say about plans.

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail?

X3  Just thought I'd throw that in there.

For a moment, when I read the comic, I was confused and thought maybe they were planning a surprise party for Abel. X3  Yeah, I know.  If it was, they would have had to hide it and all.  Still, picturing their plans in a 'surprise, meant-to-be-happy party' context is funny to me for some reason.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

AmigaDragon

Quote from: joshofspam on March 08, 2011, 05:12:36 PMAbel has got to have some good impute...
Where can I get some good impute? Is it good to smoke? :mowdizzy
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Evilkritter

This is kind of a tangent, but has anyone else been noticing a subtle change in Dan's facial design? He seems to be looking steadily more human and less feline from the front. The first time I noticed it was with the...MIND SCREW

OWCH. I was looking for the example and found that hitting the "previous comic" arrow on comic 1199 brings you to comic 1200, it took me five clicks to realize what I was looking at.

ANYWAY, the first time I noticed him looking more human than cat was in comic page 1155. Looking at the more recent stuff again I see the human-dominance a lot. Is it just me or has Dan become more human looking?

iceick

If they think bar mitzvas are bad, they should try going to a brisk.

nevwyn

Quote from: Evilkritter on March 09, 2011, 12:38:10 AM
This is kind of a tangent, but has anyone else been noticing a subtle change in Dan's facial design? He seems to be looking steadily more human and less feline from the front. The first time I noticed it was with the...MIND SCREW

OWCH. I was looking for the example and found that hitting the "previous comic" arrow on comic 1199 brings you to comic 1200, it took me five clicks to realize what I was looking at.

ANYWAY, the first time I noticed him looking more human than cat was in comic page 1155. Looking at the more recent stuff again I see the human-dominance a lot. Is it just me or has Dan become more human looking?

Muzzle foreshortening, the human like face is easier then a muzzled face from the direct on and Dan's face is unfluffy enough that he looks human if the angles are right he needs some puffier cheeks.

That said Abel appears to be winning the fashion war, as Dan is half dressed again.

Talis Mahn

And also note that they seem to be using miniatures! Placed on the plans.

Wonder what Warhammer 40K miniatures in Furrae look like....

AxiLarin

The best laid plans of Cubi and ferrets often end with scars?  >:3
I'm just slightly surprised at Abel being civil around Wildy considering  their last encounter, but honestly I'm enjoying the change away from somewhat snarky Abel to more vulnerable, socialable Abel.  It's interesting to see him wander in and just be like "Hey guys... what's up?"

Tapewolf

It looks like they are planning on a fight breaking out at the party.

Well, Dan seems to be convinced that the party is some kind of evil plot to kill him, whereas Kria is expecting things to be civil when Dan may actually be on edge and liable to panic and lash out.
DP is also expecting to be civil (since he doesn't seem to appreciate that Dan still likely hates him for Hannah) and he seems to think he might even make some kind of alliance with Dan and thus Cyra Clan.  How he'll react when he finds out Dan and Lorenda aren't actually an item is anyone's guess.  That's when things could turn nasty.

Quote from: AxiLarin on March 09, 2011, 03:53:10 AM
I'm just slightly surprised at Abel being civil around Wildy considering  their last encounter, but honestly I'm enjoying the change away from somewhat snarky Abel to more vulnerable, socialable Abel.  It's interesting to see him wander in and just be like "Hey guys... what's up?"

Yes, it's nice.  Hopefully Dan will now be able to deliver his apology to Abel.  I imagine that hasn't happened off-shot since Abel's first priority would have to have been Alexsi...

Brunhidden

Quote from: Baal Hadad on March 08, 2011, 04:33:30 PM

<.<

>.>

i have to seriously wonder about furraie version of the jewish community

considering what we have seen, ANY coming of age ceremony has to be something to see, but i assume most of you want to see the cubi coming of age ceremony
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Brunhidden on March 09, 2011, 01:44:48 PM
considering what we have seen, ANY coming of age ceremony has to be something to see, but i assume most of you want to see the cubi coming of age ceremony

That presumably varies per clan.

Brunhidden

i can relate, in my clan 'coming of age' typically involves disposing of a body in an undisclosed location to cover up something.

yeah, i 'came of age' about age nine, and again at ages 12, 14, and twice at 15
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Stig Hemmer

Give the guy a break, he has spent most of his life in a university.  It's not like you learn anything in those places.
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

VAE

Quote from: Stig Hemmer on March 09, 2011, 07:38:20 PM

Give the guy a break, he has spent most of his life in a university.  It's not like you learn anything in those places.
The opposite... i don't think anyone else you learn so many ways to prepare instant noodles
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Drayco84

Augh, not this again...

You'd think they'd know by now that REGARDLESS of how many THOUSANDS of scenarios they plot out, it'll always, always, ALWAYS be one they never expected.

So, in regards to that...

*Places bets on party going off without a hitch, or, if Lorenda spills the beans, all the ladies start trying to "claim" him, and possibly a few guys as well.*

Anker Steadfast

Wait, wait ---- Abel has been to a party ?  :U

Quote from: Talis Mahn on March 09, 2011, 03:10:29 AM
Wonder what Warhammer 40K miniatures in Furrae look like....

Tentacles ... LOTS of tentacles.  :(

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

LionHeart

"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

joshofspam

Has anyone notice the name of the page on top of the page?

We're Ganno rock on through Electric Avenue and then we'll take it higher. If the song is any indication, they're going to go through that party like a train wreck will go strait through a mini car. :ipod

Wow! the page rant name matches story progress it seems.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.