01/24/11 [Lifts-08] Work with me! Not against me, Please!

Started by joshofspam, January 24, 2011, 11:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

You know when you think how it maybe having stuff so susceptible magic in a building of a group that deals with magical items and beings isn't such a smart idea?

Though I doubt Gadel would make it any easier for Hunter, Ruby, and Doodles.

Just imagine what she would do to poor MR. COFFEE. :P

I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Naldru

Considering what Gadel tried to do to her co-workers because of what she considered improper remarks, can you imagine what she'd do to the telly, especially in response to some of the adverts.  (TV: Do you suffer from ...   Gadel: Such impertinence   Sound effect: Lightning followed by bubbling lava)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Anodyne

Quote from: joshofspam on January 24, 2011, 11:51:52 PM
You know when you think how it maybe having stuff so susceptible magic in a building of a group that deals with magical items and beings isn't such a smart idea?

It's true that they should probably decrease the number of things that are magically susceptible in the building. The problem is, they'd probably have to do some major renovations to get it done properly - which takes a lot of time and a lot of money (there's a reason why schools and the like usually wait until winter holidays and summer breaks before doing any renovations or construction that'll take more than a week or two, if they can!). Plus, they want the building to go unnoticed - which means that bringing in materials, etc. becomes increasingly difficult. Further, they'd probably need to stay within the required safety codes for governmental buildings that house personnel and hazardous material - which means that the materials they can legally use is suddenly cut in half (if not eliminated entirely).

So it's not likely that they're going to fix that problem unless something happens that will require massive renovations anyways (like, say, a section of the building suffering fire or water damage).

Plus, I don't think they ever anticipated any of the mages being careless/foolish enough to hex some part of working machinery because it spooked them. I look forward to seeing what kind of punishment Gadel's going to get for laying a hex on something without telling anyone, especially when she could have solved the question of what the "little room" does by just asking someone - like, say, her cultural liason
Maybe she'll have to help  fix other bits of broken machinery, to see how much more difficult she made the maintenance crew's jobs.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Anodyne on January 25, 2011, 07:21:46 PM
Maybe she'll have to help  fix other bits of broken machinery, to see how much more difficult she made the maintenance crew's jobs.

*waves hand* *magic flows* *problem fixes itself*

.. now what?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 26, 2011, 09:04:33 AM
Quote from: Anodyne on January 25, 2011, 07:21:46 PM
Maybe she'll have to help  fix other bits of broken machinery, to see how much more difficult she made the maintenance crew's jobs.

*waves hand* *magic flows* *problem fixes itself*

.. now what?

*While Gadel's back is turned the computers explode, MR COFFEE floods the building, the Television is reduced to liquid hot magma, and the Clockwork forum goes down in need of maintenance.*

I think its a little dangers to mix magic that tends to muck up tech. Though I wouldn't be surprised if anything she accidentally breaks without magic she tries to repair with magic. With explosive results of course.

I wonder what kind of havoc trying to grab the remote with magic could bring?

Edit: Although I often wonder if certain tech tends to fail in certain ways and if there are certain prices to be payed for trying and failing to use magic on certain magic resistant items?

HEX the Dark

I would put the seal on anything you don't want to be hexed... it works for colas, it works for elevators, is my guess...

joshofspam

Quote from: HEX the Dark on January 26, 2011, 04:23:00 PM
I would put the seal on anything you don't want to be hexed... it works for colas, it works for elevators, is my guess...

Are you talking about the symbol built into the glass window that was shattered during WW2? I thought that it lost considerable use because no one knew how to duplicate the results?

Though on a side note I hope Matt and Darc are doing better. I know one of them is getting over something from the main page. But still can't figure out which one got sick. Well I hope you get better.

Pretzel

Quote from: joshofspam on January 27, 2011, 10:35:36 AM
Though on a side note I hope Matt and Darc are doing better. I know one of them is getting over something from the main page. But still can't figure out which one got sick. Well I hope you get better.

It's Darc who's sick, though she seems to be getting better.

~Pretzel~

HEX the Dark

Quote from: joshofspam on January 27, 2011, 10:35:36 AM
Quote from: HEX the Dark on January 26, 2011, 04:23:00 PM

Are you talking about the symbol built into the glass window that was shattered during WW2? I thought that it lost considerable use because no one knew how to duplicate the results?

I was referring to one of the earliest strips... I'm not sur eif they're still canon (or if only the black and white ones aren't anymore): http://www.codenamehunter.com/archive/2006/10/02
so, it still works. BTW, I'm always reminded at a celtic cross, like this one: http://www.teachnet.ie/fwilliams/2006/cross.celtic.jpg . I wonder if that's a coincidence.

And yes, get well soon, Darc. And stay it :D

Darc_Sowers

I'm the one who does all the art and most of the writing at this point - both story-wise and on the site. So Pretzel and Hex are right, I'm the one who's been sick. My body's been out to get me for a few years now.  :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

As we've told Amber and Turnsky, repeatedly, CON is not a dump stat. ;-]

Get well soon, mmkay?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Bear

Two things..  Major renovations/ construction don't tend to help things stay low key..

Probably a little much is GREAT but I agree get well soon..