11/21/2010 [DMFA #1168] - Huh, I guess Dan knows how to fly after all.

Started by RobbieThe1st, November 21, 2010, 07:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobbieThe1st

All I can say is: Dan looks frigging awesome. That magic effect also looks nice.
Excellent work, Amber.

----
One thing I have been noticing however - I think DMFA's outgrowing it's 666-px wide format. It looked fine back when the backgrounds and characters were simpler, but now with all the awesome looking characters, backgrounds and high level of detail, it's beginning to look "squished"; I think upping the final size to say 1000px wide(and the height proportionally taller) would make a big difference.

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

MT Hazard

Good to see the sibling type relationship of Wildy and Dan remains strong. Also note that Wildy shaman staff no longer has a feather of Dan's attached, begin speculation on it's meaning....now!

edit: opps, topic already started. Just pick the one you prefer I guess
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on November 21, 2010, 07:38:07 AM
Good to see the sibling type relationship of Wildy and Dan remains strong. Also note that Wildy shaman staff no longer has a feather of Dan's attached, begin speculation on it's meaning....now!

edit: opps, topic already started. Just pick the one you prefer I guess

Sorted.

As for Dan and Wildy, I'm not quite sure whether they're larking around or sparring.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 21, 2010, 08:09:02 AM

As for Dan and Wildy, I'm not quite sure whether they're larking around or sparring.

Why not both? Dan need to brush on his skills and Wildy likes fighting.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on November 21, 2010, 08:36:54 AM

Actually, it occurs to me they might be testing the robe...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

VAE

I add to the OP - the magic effect Wildy is throwing at him looks gorgeous.

Knowing her, it's probably a Baleful polymorph spell set to mow or something.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Quote from: DanShe has very nice eyes...
... all three of them.

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 21, 2010, 09:00:49 AM
That sounds reasoneable. It would also explain why Wildy's spell in the first panel seemed to have no effect - because it had no effect. The robe dispelled it.

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 21, 2010, 08:09:02 AM

Little from column A, little from column B....Plus giving Wildy an opportunity to razz her best friend about his new love interest. Well played ferret, well played!
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Ghostwish

VAE

This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Madmann135

So for Dan hair is not a prerequisite in girlfriends?
Interesting to see another magic user in the group.  Makes me wonder when Dan will take the leap.

As banter goes this is the most interesting banter in combat (OK sparring) I have read/seen/heard in a while.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Madd the Sane

Quote from: VAE on November 21, 2010, 12:31:31 PM
Quote from: Ghostwish on November 21, 2010, 12:15:27 PM
Hmm.. Looks like Dan has some good reflex saves.
He has Improved evasion. too
DODGE CHARMS!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Although would Dan need dodge charms?
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

ooklah

<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Jasonrevall

I think Dan fits in the category of an Evasion/Finesse Tank class. I think it would be nifty to see Wildy, Dan, and Merlitz in a party. Dan=tank Merlitz=ranged dps and Wildy=healer/dps

Quote from: MT Hazard on November 21, 2010, 08:36:54 AM

i agree with this speculation
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

lilpuppy23

Quote from: VAE on November 21, 2010, 09:06:27 AM
I add to the OP - the magic effect Wildy is throwing at him looks gorgeous.

Knowing her, it's probably a Baleful polymorph spell set to mow or something.

Wildy's spell looks sort of Ice related with all the crystals and everything, not quite sure.

And yes, I agree that they are testing the robe. After all, how long has it been since Dan got his first one? Manufacturer might have changed it's methods and all...

VAE

Quote from: Jasonrevall on November 21, 2010, 02:37:59 PM
I think Dan fits in the category of an Evasion/Finesse Tank class. I think it would be nifty to see Wildy, Dan, and Merlitz in a party. Dan=tank Merlitz=ranged dps and Wildy=healer/dps

I actually tried it in Wizardry VI , as there are fun races like felpurr which are anthro felines ,and a dragonlike race name of which i don't recall.
The party has Dan Alexsi Wildy Merlitz Mab and Pyroduck.
As expected, besides the mages Alexsi was the damage dealer with her Giant Sledge.... Wildy traded her staff  for a whip about a quarter in.
Saphroneth

iceick

I remember reading somewhere that cubi have a natural resistance to magic anyway, but Dan doesn't know about it. I wonder if Wildy gave Dan the robe as a sort of "fasion statement" (have people tease him about looking like a girl) or does she not know about a cubi's resistance to magic.

Nino

Quote from: iceick on November 21, 2010, 03:42:06 PM
I remember reading somewhere that cubi have a natural resistance to magic anyway, but Dan doesn't know about it. I wonder if Wildy gave Dan the robe as a sort of "fasion statement" (have people tease him about looking like a girl) or does she not know about a cubi's resistance to magic.

Well, resistance doesn't = immunity. Maybe the robe is more like a +10 magic resistance... just because he already has an innate amount doesn't mean more doesn't help :P

Arroyo Milori

I remember reading somewhere that cubi have a natural resistance to magic anyway, but Dan doesn't know about it. I wonder if Wildy gave Dan the robe as a sort of "fashion statement" (have people tease him about looking like a girl) or does she not know about a cubi's resistance to magic.
My guess is to increase effectiveness of being resistant to magic. Which I believe is actually a smart move on his part in certain cases.

Tangent

I also have to say that it's nice to see Dan and Wildy just having fun.  DMFA works best when it indulges into light-hearted fun from time to time, and we've needed this breath of fun helium-filled air. =^-^=
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Are you sure you're not thinking of Were? Re-reading the Cubi Demo 101 page, there's no mention of that at all.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

jeffh4

Want to add my vote in on the background. I think this is the prettiest yet out of Amber.

Shachza

Quote from: Madd the Sane on November 21, 2010, 01:38:21 PM
Quote from: VAE on November 21, 2010, 12:31:31 PM
Quote from: Ghostwish on November 21, 2010, 12:15:27 PM
Hmm.. Looks like Dan has some good reflex saves.
He has Improved evasion. too
DODGE CHARMS!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Although would Dan need dodge charms?

Dodge Charms are all well and good, but you should always invest in some Stamina Charms for those "Oops, you caught me!" moments.  Nothing says "So you stuck a sword in my head, but what are you going to do about me hitting you?" like a charm that prevents you from dying until you cease using it.

I think Wildy would be an excellent teach er of such things; she likes Dan, and she likes hitting things with big sticks.  Being his mentor allows her to enjoy both!
            <-- #1 that is!

Alondro

Yay!  The robe!  Dan-u-yasha is back!   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Arcblade

Quote from: ooklah on November 21, 2010, 01:44:10 PM
i like this conversation... it sounds normal!

Normal conversation: abnormalized only by the fact that they're fighting. 

Re: the topic name, he still might not know how to fly.  Jumping can be aided by wings without too much effort or finesse. 

I like seeing Wildy use magic- this is a first, I believe?  Not counting the part where she probably healed Dan by smacking down Azlan 500 some comics ago. 

Talis Mahn

Terrifying (or just plain evil ) thought....

What if the Blunt Object Brigade ( http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_708.php ) shows up while Dan and Wildy are sparring, they just might see a 'Cubi attacking a being instead of a sparring match.

Attic Rat

That would be a bad day for the Blunt Object Brigade!

Still, I haven't seen Dan do anything but dodge here. He's playing Defense to Wildy's Offense today, I think.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Arcblade on November 22, 2010, 09:15:16 PM
Re: the topic name, he still might not know how to fly.  Jumping can be aided by wings without too much effort or finesse. 
Heh, tell me about it. *looks at chickens*
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?