Hello, again.

Started by Thora, November 16, 2010, 10:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thora

I hope all of you don't have bad feelings towards me.  I re-registered.  I may post randomly, but nowhere near as much as Brun.  He knows you better than me, especially due to my long absence. 
School and kids will keep me busy.  I have at least 4 more years....... :mowdizzy  and this is my first year.

llearch n'n'daCorna

School and kids keeps everyone busy. :-/

I know I haven't managed to keep up with the Haunted Ballroom regularly since I started working again. *sigh*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Thora

I have started school to become an architect.  Most people I tell are shocked, mostly because I'm a girl & most architects are men... 

It is not surprising to me, I have been a tomboy since middle school...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah.

That'll eat time like anything. :-/ Good luck with that.

Gabi

I know some female architects. And I'm going for a PhD in computer science, which is something that few women do (but I do know some others). I don't think professions should be reserved for one sex or the other, unless the gender plays an important role in it.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Thora

So true, Gabi.  What was really funny, when I was a CNA 7 years ago, the male nurse I worked with was perceived as a doctor by the little old ladies.  He'd go in & they'd say "hi doctor" and he'd correct them.  But the little old ladies would still call him doctor, even after he told them he was the nurse!  And this was 3rd shift too.  We had lots of laughs.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Thora on November 18, 2010, 10:42:13 AM
So true, Gabi.  What was really funny, when I was a CNA 7 years ago, the male nurse I worked with was perceived as a doctor by the little old ladies.  He'd go in & they'd say "hi doctor" and he'd correct them.  But the little old ladies would still call him doctor, even after he told them he was the nurse!  And this was 3rd shift too.  We had lots of laughs.

My problem there is I parse "CNA" as "Certified Novell Administrator", and that makes the rest of the paragraph almost indecipherable... ;-]

Thora

CNA = certified nurse's assistant.   not a fun job, in my opinion.  I did not enjoy being around people constantly sick... and getting sick myself...  That's why I don't do it anymore.

sorry for the confusion :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, don't be sorry. I was amused more than anything - although thankyou for the clarification, it makes much more sense now. *grin*

Brunhidden

fun fact- when i walked into my current school i was actually looking for a CNA certificate course, and only chanced uppon criminal justice by happenstance

imagine me in a nurse outfit, yeah
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Disturbing, Brun. Mildly disturbing.

Mind you, that depends on if you're talking just your average nurse kit, or a miniskirt and low-cut top...

Thora

I vote for the average kit.  He's too hairy for the other choice.  :mowtongue   Besides, there is a picture of him as a pregnant person & me the doctor for Halloween one year... when I was the one really pregnant.   :mowtongue