10/18/10 [9-18] Ashes to ashes! Punch to punch!

Started by joshofspam, October 18, 2010, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

Well good planning.

All that light fur would probably make them stick out more in the dark if a light were flashed on them.

That guard assumed to much it seems. Though I wonder if this slave break was the reason the embassy was attacked?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

HEX the Dark

I would've set the place on fire. Good distraction and it keeps the people busy cleaning up the next morning. And if you do it right, it could be assumed you're dead.

I also noticed, Joshua clenched his finger in his fist while hitting the guard.

Drayco84

Yes, you never EVER want to wrap your fingers around your thumb because, according to my karate instructor, you'll break your thumb if you hit something. (I dunno how true it is, to be honest. I'm not risking the medical bills and PAIN to find out.) Also, the knuckles used for doing the most damage in a punch are not and pronounced.

Anyway, I see why Ruby's father didn't use the ashes... In the dark, white objects are the most obvious. And thus, he'd be the most obvious target.

In other words, he's the scapegoat if crap hits the fan...

Talvin

Remember: Joshua wasn't a combat sort before this happened.  After, well...yah. :)

Amateurs make mistakes. :)
I don't expect Positive Karma.  If I get it, I am probably doing something wrong.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I hope his thumb survives the learning process. >.<
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darc_Sowers

Yes, Joshua curled his thumb in. You'll see that he also does it in next week's page, with the opposite hand. As mentioned earlier in the comic, he was originally an archivist for RCSI ( http://www.rcsitravel.net/archive/2008/09/03 ) and hadn't learned much about fighting yet ( http://www.rcsitravel.net/archive/2010/09/27 ). Joshua was the youngest and smallest of his brothers, and Ruby's grandmother tended to baby him a bit more than Joshua liked to admit.

This is the first time he's thrown a punch. Joshua very rarely punched people, even later in life, come to think of it. He was always more of a thinker. When he had to hit someone, he preferred to use things like swords, his RCSI collar, logs, anything else he could get a hold of. Probably because those first few punches he tried hurt so much.    :cry

As for me not drawing the hand exactly right, I majored in English / Library and Information Science, not art. I'm self taught and am learning as I go. Some things, like the knuckles, are mistakes. Others, like the thumb, not so much.  ;)

Talvin

The discussion of the scientific implications of punching has been moved to the Abandoned Mine.  Please, feel free to enjoy and discuss the rest of this wonderful page. And don't forget to give me negative karma. 
I don't expect Positive Karma.  If I get it, I am probably doing something wrong.

Gyr

Buggerall!  I can't give you negative Karma.  Darkmoon refuses to fix my Karma buttons after last time.

:bunny
Code Name: Hunter
Adventure, Magic and Hounds with Guns.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darc_Sowers

Huh? Did I miss something again? Stupid sketching. Always takes a while.  :<

Gyr

Code Name: Hunter
Adventure, Magic and Hounds with Guns.

joshofspam

Though one thing to notice is the guard looks like he might go down with just that shot.

I guess even the guards are just as powerless as the slaves. Though that probably helps Joshua when he doesn't want the old bag of bones waking up.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.