[Info Thread] Authors

Started by Gareeku, August 08, 2006, 08:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Pomeranian Genji

Your Name: Aaron Hall
Your Author Name (If you have one): Clockwork Oracle King over at FFNet.
How long have you been writing: Since high school.
Have you taken any writing classes: Yes.
If yes, what kind: English 101 in college.
What is your favorite thing to write: Garfield Fanfiction.
What is your LEAST favorite thing to write: non-Garfield ‘fics.
What is your favorite novel: The Ear, the Eye and the Arm.
Who is your favourite author/poet: R.L. Stein.
Is Writing going to be in your future as a career: I think so.
What's your favorite genre of writing (poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction, fantasy/romance/mystery etc.): Prose, fiction and action.
Where do you get your inspiration: Internet, video games and Super Sentai.
Have you ever been paid to write: No, but I would like to be. :3
Is there anything you see yourself never writing: Original fiction
Anything else you want to say about your writing: My stories tend to be laced with references to Super Sentai, and a fellow FFNet author said I should tone down and come up with original stuff.
Mah Boi, this peace is what all true lawyers strive for. Anybody know Moira Gianna's number?

Pagan

Your Name: Daniel J Langston

Your Author Name (If you have one): Pagan

How long have you been writing: I've been writing on and off since ... about tenth grade.

Have you taken any writing classes: Nah

What is your favorite thing to write: Novels

What is your LEAST favorite thing to write: Research papers (Gah, such evil things should not exist)

What Is your favorite novel: Hard to say, but I'll settle with The Amber Spyglass

Who is your favourite author/poet: Robert Jordan. Rest in Peace.

Is Writing going to be in your future as a career: I highly doubt it.

What's your favorite genre of writing (poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction, fantasy/romance/mystery etc.): fiction, sci-fi/fantasy

Where do you get your inspiration: My imagination, but I have no clue how that thing works.

Have you ever been paid to write: No, and I probably never will.

Is there anything you see yourself never writing: Mystery, I'm not good at complex stuff like conspiracies and foreshadowing. That means I have to pay so much attention to detials, and I suck at that.

Anything else you want to say about your writing: My writing style is to think about the big stuff, think about the back-ground, think about the characters, think about the setting, and then fly at break-neck speeds while hoping not to hit a wall (and if I see a wall coming, pull a solution out of my ass).
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Janus Whitefurr

It's 4:40am and I'm bored. So here I am in a forum section I'd never post in otherwise!

Your Name: Terry Bailey

Your Author Name: Janus

How long have you been writing: Since I could handle a pen or a computer, apparently. I was typing short stories on a Commodore Amiga 500 by age 10.

Have you taken any writing classes: None whatsoever.

If yes, what kind: N/A

What is your favorite thing to write: About my characters, to put it broadly.

What is your LEAST favorite thing to write: I do tend to flake at long combat scenes, so I keep those brief or ambigious.

What is your favorite novel: Too many different books to count, really.

Who is your favourite author/poet: I don't hold favourites in authorship. I like too many different things.

Is Writing going to be in your future as a career: My family seems to think so. To me it's just a highly entertaining hobby.

What's your favorite genre of writing: Science fiction just beats out fantasy in number of written stories, I believe.

Where do you get your inspiration: Everywhere. Myself, other people, random conversations, TV shows, you name it.

Have you ever been paid to write: I kept telling him I don't do commissions but Rusty once paid me $50 for a sequel to an old story. I still haven't written it, and we joke about it these days :b

Is there anything you see yourself never writing: Erotica. I experimented with one story and it was absolutely terrible to try and write. Never again.

Anything else you want to say about your writing: It'll probably never get posted in this forum because I'm too lazy to crosspost. Some people call me a genius or an excellent writer, I think they're full of hot air. Also, I never proofread my stuff when it's done, so typos often get through. Doesn't bother me though. I enjoy doing it and that's all that matters to me.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

meany

Your Name: Classified.
Your Author Name: Meany.
How long have you been writting: Since 6th grade.
Have you taken any classes: No.
What is your favorite thing to write: Fanfiction.
What is your LEAST favorite thing to write: Poetry.
What is your favorite novel: Jurassic Park.
What is your favorite author/poet: Kenneth Oppel.
Is writting going to be your future as a career: Dear God do I hope so.
What is your favorite genre of writting: Prose, fiction, crossover, fantasy, science fiction.
Where do you get your inspiration: Random moments of clarity.
Have you ever been paid to write: No.
Is there anything you see yourself never writing: Anything actually worth reading. No matter how much I try, all my stuff just comes out mediocre.
Anything else you want to say about your writing: It sucks. Odds are, you'll never see me post anything here, but if you do, get your rotten fruit ready for throwing. My style has only spat out one good story, who's ending was in desperate need of a rewrite.
This festival of emoness has been brought to you by the Disney Channel. Have a marvellous day.  :)

Ryudo Lee

Your Name: Don't give out my name...
Your Author Name (If you have one): I either write under Ryudo Lee or Mega Raichu, the latter is used for pretty much all my old pokemon material.
How long have you been writing: I started sometime in high school, so about mid '98.
Have you taken any writing classes: Yes
If yes, what kind: College level english composition classes
What is your favorite thing to write: Mostly fanfics.  The most work I've ever done is with Pokemon but I've spread out into other genres.
What is your LEAST favorite thing to write: Other people's characters.  It's near impossible for me to get their personalities right.
What Is your favorite novel: Demons Don't Dream by Piers Anthony
Who is your favourite author/poet: Piers Anthony
Is Writing going to be in your future as a career: I wish, but I'm not that creative.
What's your favorite genre of writing (poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction, fantasy/romance/mystery etc.): Sci-fi/Fantasy
Where do you get your inspiration: Mostly video games and television.
Have you ever been paid to write: Nope, but I have taken requests.
Is there anything you see yourself never writing: Horror and it's ilk.  I just can't do it.
Anything else you want to say about your writing: I need to get back into it, badly.  I did a lot of it in high school and college, but I just kinda stopped when I started working.  I was told that I was very good at it, so now I've fallen out of practice.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

James StarRunner

Your Name: James Rolls
Your Author Name (If you have one): As above
How long have you been writing: Since I learned to write.
If yes, what kind: Besides grade school, I took a one-on-one writing course in college.
What is your favorite thing to write: Action, adventure, fantasy, and comedy.
What is your LEAST favorite thing to write: Essays! *shuns*
What Is your favorite novel series: The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling.
Who is your favourite author/poet: Poetry- Robert Frost, Author- Terry Brooks.
Is Writing going to be in your future as a career: Possibly. I do at least plan on making storylines for videogames.
What's your favorite genre of writing (poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction, fantasy/romance/mystery etc.): Prose, fiction, fantasy.
Where do you get your inspiration: I'd like to know where most if comes myself, but I find music is a great contributer.
Have you ever been paid to write: While I did write for a school paper, I had volunteered.
Is there anything you see yourself never writing: Erotica and essays.
Anything else you want to say about your writing: Since grade one, my writing had been clearer than my speech (which isn't saying much honestly since I had a speech impediment). Since I could write, I had always been coming up with stories and little scenarios. My own writing got me started on drawing and (in some aspect) voice-acting. I wanted to see and hear my characters come to life.

Jairus

Okay, I'm game. I'm actually hoping to put some ideas up for critiquing in the next week or so, so here I go...

Your Name: A.J.S. (My initials will do just fine)
Your Author Name (If you have one): Don't have one, but AJ sounds a lot cooler than the name I have...
How long have you been writing: Well, that's a toughie. I guess I had my earliest ideas back in second grade, but I never actually started writing them out until about sixth or seventh. And those early ideas shall never leave my head, comprende?
If yes, what kind: Eh, basic stuff, really. I'm going to be taking most of my Creative Writing focused classes during my senior year here at my university, so I'd have a little more information to offer later.
What is your favorite thing to write: Fantasy. I love fantasy. I also have a few ideas for sci-fi up in my head, and a steampunk one, but most of my ideas are Fantasy. I also really like sitting down and designing the background elements for my stories: basic history, rules of magic, races, breeding, the characters and their histories...
What is your LEAST favorite thing to write: Hm, tough question. I'd have to say romance, since I tend to believe that all of that "love at first sight" jazz and the cheesy stuff in romance novels just doesn't feel right for some reason. Most of the romance in my books is more along the lines of "friendship that became something more," but I try not to overload my ideas with it.
What Is your favorite novel: Hm, either Witches Abroad or Hogfather.
Who is your favourite author/poet: Terry Pratchet.
Is Writing going to be in your future as a career: I really hope so.
What's your favorite genre of writing (poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction, fantasy/romance/mystery etc.): Fantasy, though pretty much every idea of mine has some sci-fi elements in it.
Where do you get your inspiration: Mostly from my head. In all seriousness, a lot of my ideas are based on some kernel that gets stuck in my head and slowly builds up. I also have a certain desire to play the game by my rules, and not someone else's ideas (which is why my elves are all between three and four feet tall and Merlin considers himself a Witch! :mowhappy)
Have you ever been paid to write: Not yet.
Is there anything you see yourself never writing: Hm, I guess I'll never write a pure romance work. Also, I don't think I'm going to do anything erotic at any point: most of that stuff happens offscreen for a good reason (I've always believed that a thousand readers have thoughts a thousand times more kinky than I can imagine)
Anything else you want to say about your writing: I am obsessed with the rules of my worlds, and always need to know what can and cannot happen. Also, when I get focused, I can do a lot: one time, over the course of a day I came out with 17 pages of single-spaced size 12 text. Another time I sat down and ten minutes later had the basis for the rules of breeding between the various magical races and species all worked out. I guess you could say I'm a little weird.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lady Buggery

Your Name: Redwing X
Your Author Name (If you have one): Christina Prince (will change to my real name in the next revisions)
How long have you been writing: forever
Have you taken any writing classes: several, I have a BA in English writing
If yes, what kind: creative writing, essay writing, literature, and etc.
What is your favorite thing to write: poetry, fantasy novels.
What is your LEAST favorite thing to write: essays about other people's stuff.
What Is your favorite novel: "Sabriel" by Garth Nix
Who is your favourite author/poet: Oscar Wilde (no, really...)
Is Writing going to be in your future as a career: no.
Where do you get your inspiration: life
Have you ever been paid to write: nope.
Is there anything you see yourself never writing: teen magazine content.
Anything else you want to say about your writing: Its good, you should buy my books :P

kawaiitoboe

Your Name: Clairellen
Your Author Name (If you have one): Sometimes I'm 'Basil Kurova'.
How long have you been writing: Since 4th grade, unless you count visual storytelling, in which case I started at about 5.
Have you taken any writing classes: Sort of.
If yes, what kind: School
What is your favorite thing to write: Lyrics, fantasy/sci-fi/horror fiction
What is your LEAST favorite thing to write: Essays!!!  :censored
What Is your favorite novel: Ugh, can't decide. Not that I'm much of a reader, anyway.
Who is your favourite author/poet: Once again, can't decide. I like a lot of them.
Is Writing going to be in your future as a career: Maybe as a side job, if I have time.
What's your favorite genre of writing (poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction, fantasy/romance/mystery etc.): Prose, fiction, scifi/fantasy/horror
Where do you get your inspiration: My dreams, and my crazy mind that's constantly weaving together stories.
Have you ever been paid to write: That's be sweeeet.
Is there anything you see yourself never writing: Anything goes. ;)
Anything else you want to say about your writing: I suck at finishing stories!  :cry

Elieana

Your Name: Preston Chapin

Your Author Name (If you have one): Well...my screen name is Elieana, though I doubt I'd ever use that as an author name ^^ So, no, I don't have one =D

How long have you been writing: I've ben writing (seriously anyway) for 7 years now.

Have you taken any writing classes: Well, back in school I took a special Creative Writing course that you had to be approved to be in... does that count? xD

If yes, what kind: School =D

What is your favorite thing to write: Fantasy

What is your LEAST favorite thing to write: Least favorite? Is there such a thing? I love writing everything ^^ Except math problems .-.

What Is your favorite novel: My favorite book is In the Hand of the Goddess by Tamora Pierce... it has been for five years ^^ Also, the Two Princesses of Bamarre, and Blood and Chocolate will always have a special place on my bookshelf ^^

Who is your favourite author/poet: Author: Tamora Pierce, Poet: Shakespeare was a pretty cool dude o_~

Is Writing going to be in your future as a career: Yes.

What's your favorite genre of writing (poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction, fantasy/romance/mystery etc.): Prose; fiction; fantasy

Where do you get your inspiration: I can draw inspiration from just about anything, my imagination is extremely over-active and never stops working. I can be in the middle of a conversation with a friend and stop, mid-sentence, to write something that I just thought up for a plot/scene/character/ect. down ^^

Have you ever been paid to write: Not currently.

Is there anything you see yourself never writing: I will probably never write dirty books. Well, never ones that other people will read >_> Though I do not read them myself, I feel that practicing your skill in all forms is important. Whether you hide it away in a locked chest in your crawlspace or not is a completely different story ^^

Anything else you want to say about your writing: I absolutely love writing. If I hadn't have started writing, I probably wouldn't know where I want to go with my life. Currently, I have my career, schooling, and even how I'll search for publishers all planned out.

:boogie - Just because I think that's a cute emote.

Dekari

Your Name: Neil Blanding

Your Author Name (If you have one): Drake Dekari

How long have you been writing: The better question would be, how long have I been avoiding writing.

Have you taken any writing classes: Two or three.

If yes, what kind: Just some creative writing classes in high school and college.

What is your favorite thing to write: Whatever my brain feels like putting out at the time.

What is your LEAST favorite thing to write: Anything where I have to follow a formal setup like reports and such.

What Is your favorite novel: Think I'll go old school here and say The Odyssey by Homer....hey, I had to read it three times through out high school and college, why not like it.

Who is your favorite author: Don't really have a favorite author, but the first ones to come to mind are Kurt Vonnegut, George Orwell, and Shakespeare.

Who is your favorite poet: Dante Alighieri

Is Writing going to be in your future as a career: No

What's your favorite genre of writing (poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction, fantasy/romance/mystery etc.): Fiction and some poetry.

Where do you get your inspiration: For ideas, really anything that interests me will help me get an idea.  After that I would have to say most, if not all, of my inspiration comes from music.  I literally lay out soundtracks for my writings and play it all out in my mind like a movie and then put that to paper.

Have you ever been paid to write: No

Is there anything you see yourself never writing: Erotica.

Anything else you want to say about your writing: Nothing at this time.
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

Corgatha Taldorthar

Your Name: Adam. And no, you can't get the surname
Your Author Name : My own name is fine if I want to seriously publish something. For random internet blather I tend to use either Corgatha Taldorthar or Ur_Vile_Wedge
How long have you been writing: Since I was five. If you meant seriously, for about two years now
Have you taken any writing classes: Unless you count literature  and creative writing courses in college, no
If yes, what kind: See above
What is your favorite thing to write: Extraordinarily complicated, in depth worlds. I want to at least be able to give a 2 hour lecture at a university on the "history" of my creations, if someone were to offer that sort of thing. I also write complicated, conflicted, and psychologically tortured characters.
What is your LEAST favorite thing to write: Anything where all the plot and character mindsets are laid out for any idiot to see
What Is your favorite novel: The Illiad, if you count that. If epic poetry is out, I'd award the title to The Power that Preserves, by Stephen Donaldson.
Who is your favourite author/poet: Fyodor Dostoevsky
Is Writing going to be in your future as a career: I'd love to, but I don't think I have the talent to write professionally.
What's your favorite genre of writing (poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction, fantasy/romance/mystery etc.):Prose, literature and fantasy are my two biggies
Where do you get your inspiration: Beats me.  Probably the same places I get my other thoughts.
Have you ever been paid to write: Little pamphlets and slogans and posters, never an article or a full length work
Is there anything you see yourself never writing: Poetry. My stuff is already twisted and impenetrable enough in prose, let alone if I decided to try my hand at verse and syllable counting.
Anything else you want to say about your writing: Uhm, that you should read it? Seriously,  I like to use a "fill in" method of writing, especially if I'm writing a series of short works. I'd write a politician getting in trouble with some scandal, skip scenes to his/her successor, and skip over the trial and media coverage, and leave it to the reader to infer what happened in between. It annoys a lot of people, but I like to do it anyway.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Jer-oh-me

Your Name: Alek Ondusko (On-du-sko)
Your Author Name (If you have one): Aleksandr Ondusko
How long have you been writing: Since I was twelve
Have you taken any writing classes: Not really, I've toyed with the idea, but I figure if I can't write something interesting to anyone but me it's everyone else's loss.
What is your favorite thing to write: Science Fiction/Stereo Instructions.
What is your LEAST favorite thing to write: Really mushy stuff, magic based things, generally stuff that's marketed to tweens.
What Is your favorite novel: "Without Remorse" by Tom Clancy
Who is your favourite author/poet: Tom Clancy, Douglas Addams, Michael Chrichton, Ben Bova
Is Writing going to be in your future as a career: It's possible, but unlikely.
What's your favorite genre of writing (poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction, fantasy/romance/mystery etc.): Fiction of a Science persausion.
Where do you get your inspiration: My Afterburner equipped jet turbine of an imagination. NASA, Manga, Burt Rutan's SpaceshipOne, The US Navy, How It's Made, random artists.
Have you ever been paid to write: Yes.
Is there anything you see yourself never writing: I'd like to keep that to myself actually.

Myr

I figure I might be comfortable here.

Your name: I apologize, but I prefer my privacy when it comes to that.

Your Author Name: Myr, or Redtail. (I can hear the 'Hey Reddie' jokes now...)

How long have you been writing: Now, I'm not quite exactly sure here. Since I was in jr. High?

Have you taken any writing classes: No, I have not.

What is your favorite thing to write: This actually varies, though I've been known to do horror, sci-fi, and more mild stuff.

What is your LEAST favorite thing to write: Alas, I'm not a fan of intense romance, nor that erotica stuff. I have my own reasons as to why.

What is your favorite novel(s): Let's see....'The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever', The 'Dragonlance' series, The 'Spellsinger' series, and 'The Chronicles of Amber', just to name a few. Oh, and some 'Redwall', and 'Deathworld'...and 'So You Want To Be a Wizard'.  I could go on, but you'd get bored with the list.

Who is your favorite Author/Poet: Again, I could list, but I'll name one. Robert Asprin.

Is writing going to be in your future as a career: Right now, the chance seems 50/50.

What's your favorite genre of writing (poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction, fantasy/romance/mystery etc.): Probably Fantasy, with a bit of science fiction into it.

Where do you get your inspiration: Books, music, and my imagination, I guess. I try not to copy ideas, however.

Have you ever been paid to write: Yes and no. Does it include getting a custom drawing for it?

Is there anything you see yourself never writing: To be honest...yes. As to what...You can ask me eventually.

Anything else you want to say about your writing: Say?!? I don't really think so...unless my stories are a little confusing at times...I'd rather see what you have to say about it.
'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

Drayco84

Gotta stop scrolling through this before my "BE UNIQUE" instinct takes over...

Your Name: David Zigler
Your Author Name Uhm, since my website is registered to the above, I guess the above...
How long have you been writing: Since elementary school.
If yes, what kind: Some college courses, but they didn't help as much as I was hoping for.
What is your favorite thing to write: Fantasy/Sci-Fi, but not using humans as main chars.
What is your LEAST favorite thing to write: Historical
What Is your favorite novel: Inheritance series, Enchanted Forest Chronicals, Dragonriders of Pern, The Unicorn Girl, wait a sec, these are series...
Who is your favourite author/poet: Christopher Paolini (1), Patricia C. Wrede (2), and Anne McCaffrey (3 & 4).
Is Writing going to be in your future as a career: Depends on how that website of mine turns out.
What's your favorite genre of writing: Fiction, specifically Fantasy or Sci-Fi.
Where do you get your inspiration: It blindsides me from out of nowhere. Or, I see something good that someone else has done. (I'm still trying to figure out how Amber manages to go from serious to hilariously awkward in one panel or less...)
Have you ever been paid to write: Yes! A whopping 81 cents out of ad space on my site so far! (What's that? How much have I sunk into it? Uhm... About 100 times that so far or so? Hey, domain registration and initial web hosting got into the $40 range, and $5.75 or so monthly...)
Is there anything you see yourself never writing: A web novel. (Waaaaait a sec... 'Never' as in past or future tense?)
Anything else you want to say about your writing: For some reason, my perverted brain keeps pushing towards erotica, so it's a nearly-constant battle to keep it non-Nature Channel.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I do come up with various stories, but I don't necessarily write them down; just the information (character info, key vocab words, sample dialouge, etc) It mostly just stays in my own head for now, I don't know if that would make me a writer persay, but I'm gonna post this anyways, unless asked to otherwise........

:kirby Let's Rock this out now! (omg! bad pun! *hits self on head*)

Your Name: Classified for now, since I don't really know anyone closely enough yet, unless you recognize me from DeviantArt

Your Author Name (If you have one): My own name

How long have you been writing: Since I learned how to in school XD lol

Have you taken any writing classes: No, but I did take Story Development, which is kinda like a writing class for my career major.

If yes, what kind: It mostly went over how to improve adapting/altering an already exsisting piece, dialouge and organzing a story, kinda like an outline....

What is your favorite thing to write: Varies on the intial inspiration and my personal Rants

What is your LEAST favorite thing to write: Notes, it's so tedious......

What Is your favorite novel series: Harry Potter & Artemis Fowl!! Boys with glasses that deal with magic and fantasy!  :mowhappy

Who is your favourite author/poet: My sister!  :hug

Is Writing going to be in your future as a career: Definately, since my career is for Game Design, mainly in the developmental area; where I create the overall story concept for a game!  :3

What's your favorite genre of writing (poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction, fantasy/romance/mystery etc.): Sci-fi, Romance (but not by itself other stuff mixed in), Adventure/Action and Fantasy

Where do you get your inspiration: Music mostly or I'll be inspired by a single exsisting thing and then it will change and transform into something new and original

Have you ever been paid to write: No, but I was a semi-finalists in a poetry contest, where I could have won some money; so that's kinda like getting paid  :mowhappy

Is there anything you see yourself never writing: Journalism...........bleh.

Anything else you want to say about your writing: I like to act out and do various voices (by myself of course) in order to act out a scene in order to make sure if that's how I want the story to go, or how I want the character's to develop. It may seem silly, but I find it very helpful, it's like I'm giving my characters there own little breath of life. I know that when I'm able to make my own ideas for video games, I would like to voice act several of the characters myself. Also, my various story concepts, span not just for video game ideas, but for manga or webcomic ideas as well. Sadly however, I'm not that good artistically, no matter how hard I practice........ :cry

Jubs

Your Name: Justin Muzyka
Your Author Name: Jubs, thejubster
How long have you been writing: about 6-7 years
If yes, what kind: College Comp. Will be taking Short Story and Writing this fall
What is your favorite thing to write: Anything I can focus on (varies). I do find I do fairly well with very short stories.
What is your LEAST favorite thing to write: Anything I can't focus on.
What Is your (current) favorite novel: This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti
Who is your favourite author/poet:Leo Tolstoy, Mark Cahill, Christopher Paolini(even if he is a hack).
Is Writing going to be in your future as a career: Nope (wish it was though)
What's your favorite genre of writing: Fiction, Fantasy, Informational, Historical .
Where do you get your inspiration:Life, Friends, the Bible (yes I said it, Deal)
Have you ever been paid to write: Is getting good grade considered payment?
Is there anything you see yourself never writing: Nothing I'd mention here.
Anything else you want to say about your writing:I "guide" my friend Ghoste's comic and supply him with the occasional joke.Also I am looking for a Artist for a "small" Webcomic project. Currently filled. May be open for more projects later this summer.

ooklah

Your Name: Andrew
Your Author Name (If you have one): I havn't used a different name yet.
How long have you been writing: 2003
Have you taken any writing classes: Nope
If yes, what kind:
What is your favorite thing to write: character interactions/ dialog
What is your LEAST favorite thing to write: Things involving despair and pain.
What is your favorite novel: When the Wind Blows
Who is your favourite author/poet: Robert Jordan
Is Writing going to be in your future as a career: I can't say no to this, but I can't say yes either.
What's your favorite genre of writing (poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction, fantasy/romance/mystery etc.): sci fi/ fantasy, steampunk
Where do you get your inspiration: Tv Documentaries (Discovery, Science, History, Channels); Other things I've read, dreams, and mis-firing neurons in my head
Have you ever been paid to write: Nope.
Is there anything you see yourself never writing: If I put something here I will end up writing it, so I'm skipping this one :D
Anything else you want to say about your writing: I started doing National Novel Writing Month in 2003 on a whim with my brother, and absolutely fell in love with the concept and with story telling. I look forward to it every year.
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

LionkingCMSL

Your Name: Donald E. Miller, Jr. (I will not tell you what the "E" stands for. :=3  )
Your Author Name (If you have one): LionkingCMSL
How long have you been writing: About 1997
Have you taken any writing classes: No, unless you count the English lessons I used to have in school.
What is your favorite thing to write: Poems and Action stories.
What is your LEAST favorite thing to write: Romance
What Is your favorite novel: ?
Who is your favourite author/poet: ?
Is Writing going to be in your future as a career: No
What's your favorite genre of writing (poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction, fantasy/romance/mystery etc.): Prose, action
Where do you get your inspiration: My over-active imagination.
Have you ever been paid to write: No
Is there anything you see yourself never writing: Can't say
Anything else you want to say about your writing: Writing has been the best English teacher I ever had. I hated the subject in school. A lot of my character names are in jokes, puns, or just sounded cool.

When it's a tie at a grade crossing, YOU lose.

A PSA from the railroading lion and Operation Lifesaver.

jcsjr85

Your Name: Clarke Smith
Your Author Name (If you have one): jcsjr85
How long have you been writing: on again and off again for about 12 years
Have you taken any writing classes: yes
If yes, what kind: does English class count?
What is your favorite thing to write: Action/adventure stories, science fantasy, war.
What is your LEAST favorite thing to write: romance and erotica
Who is your favorite author/poet: H.P. Lovecraft (author), Rudyard Kipling (poet)
Is Writing going to be in your future as a career: Ha! no
What's your favorite genre of writing: sci-fi, science fantasy, high fantasy
Where do you get your inspiration: here and there but mostly from the everyday hum drum
Have you ever been paid to write: I wish
Is there anything you see yourself never writing: porn
Anything else you want to say about your writing: I'll let the people who read my writing be the judge, perhaps I can get good advice.

Dishonored

Your Name: Isn't Public
Your Author Name (If you have one): H.C. Schirtzinger
How long have you been writing: 32 years.
Have you taken any writing classes: Yes, but never completed any.
If yes, what kind: Writing Fiction, Structure and Outlines, Grammar & Dialogue.
What is your favorite thing to write: Science fiction, fantasy, action/adventure.
What is your LEAST favorite thing to write: Romance and erotica.
What Is your favorite novel: Picking one is impossible out of the thousand or more books I own.
Who is your favourite author/poet: Author: See above. Poet: Rudyard Kipling.
Is Writing going to be in your future as a career: It was briefly in my past, it'd be nice if it could be in my future. But I'm not holding my breath.
What's your favorite genre of writing (poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction, fantasy/romance/mystery etc.): Prose, fiction, Science fiction/fantasy/action.
Where do you get your inspiration:From the strange thing I use for a mind. I'm constantly coming up with ideas for entire wolrds, universes, and stories, so much so that I can never write them all in my lifetime, or even three lifetimes.
Have you ever been paid to write: Yes, long ago.
Is there anything you see yourself never writing: Romance. Did it once or twice for quick commissions and hated it.
Anything else you want to say about your writing: I write so I don't go (more) insane. Getting things on paper or disk eases the pressure of junk I carry around in my head 24/7. I have a few spare universes I'd really love to collaborate with someone on someday.
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.