I scared myself, now I fear the Moderators...

Started by Evilkritter, October 05, 2010, 11:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evilkritter

Because apparently I am some type of idiot, the first thing I did after coming "back" to the forum was to read some threads in the Abandoned Mine. I swear, all of the Moderators I have ever met act like the same person when they are flaming n00bs and Smacktards. Is there a class or something for how to "Moderate"?

Gabi

Why is this post in the Arena? Anyway, I don't moderate this forum but I do moderate another, so what I can say from that experience is that no, there's no class, but after a while of seeing people troll your forum for no reason, kicking them out and slamming the door behind their backs ends up being the natural reaction. It may be different here for all I know, but I think I've seen enough to know the mods are nice to those who aren't deliberately trying to annoy them. It's not about flaming "n00bs", as you say it. They're keeping the trolls out to make the forums a better place for everyone else.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Evilkritter

I posted this in the Arena because...basically I couldn't think of anywhere else to post it. I had an attack of paranoia because I read the first post of that "Zok" guy, who currently has every one of his posts down in the Abandoned Mine, and the beginning of the thread eerily resembled my first post on the forum. Upon reading further, however, I discovered that Zok was a...moron.

I posted to kill time in a boring lecture, excuse my oddity. I guess with a name like Evilkritter and some slightly ignorant opening posts I look like a prime troll suspect.

So, in the spirit of "mindless entertainment" I suggest ROCKING KIRBY  

:kirby

EMOTES ARE FUN.