24/08/2010 [DMFA #1140] - Paranoia strikes deep

Started by Tapewolf, August 24, 2010, 02:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Okay, that was pretty bizarre.  I'd almost say that Abel was cracking up, except that he never saw the robot, it was just us.

Wonder if it was Jyrras in some kind of patch?

EDIT: Or, maybe the robot is still there and it's simply cloaked.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Baal Hadad

Okay, is that a perspective thing?  Why does Jyrras look so much SMALLER than Abel there?  (And why isn't he wearing his glasses, and cut his hair with a knife?  I'm guessing that comes into play in the next update(s)....)

SpottedKitty

Could be perspective, could be the effect of Abel being so jumpy and fluffed-up. Remember, ordinary felines make themselves look bigger by fluffing up, but 'Cubi also have other options. If Destania can shrink herself down enough to play a convincing Biggs, maybe Abel's just added a bit to his height and bulk.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Demont

Poor Jyrras he's cracking up cause of the stress.  :januscat Abel better do something fast.

Balades_Wife

Quote from: Baal Hadad on August 24, 2010, 03:20:36 AM
Okay, is that a perspective thing?  Why does Jyrras look so much SMALLER than Abel there?  (And why isn't he wearing his glasses, and cut his hair with a knife?  I'm guessing that comes into play in the next update(s)....)

To me it looks like Abel's tip-toeing; part of being on edge and frightened..and having jsut twirled around again.
~K. *: )

Bjalf

Quote from: SpottedKitty on August 24, 2010, 03:39:19 AM
Could be perspective, could be the effect of Abel being so jumpy and fluffed-up. Remember, ordinary felines make themselves look bigger by fluffing up, but 'Cubi also have other options. If Destania can shrink herself down enough to play a convincing Biggs, maybe Abel's just added a bit to his height and bulk.

Cubi defy both form and gravity.
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_516.php

I wonder if Abel have taken a hairdresser class? He seems to have covered just about every possible gay stereotype. And it would come in very handy now. Lots of quality time with your bestest friend ...

Madd the Sane

I think the robot went to get daddy.

I see that the tallyho strip has been making it's rounds.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

psilorder

hapless

(In no particular order)
* I say the robot is a robot, after all Abel did not detect a mind, even a shielded one, in previous strip.
* <conspiracy_theorist> Jyrras here kinda reminds me of Biggs... and maybe Biggstania... </conspiracy_theorist>
* "Paranoia strikes deep / Into your life it will creep / It starts when you're always afraid / Step outta line, they man come, and take you away" -- Buffalo Springfield, "For What It's Worth"
Chaosnet device not responding - check breaker on the Unibus

Tapewolf

Quote from: hapless on August 24, 2010, 07:55:28 AM
* "Paranoia strikes deep / Into your life it will creep / It starts when you're always afraid / Step outta line, they man come, and take you away" -- Buffalo Springfield, "For What It's Worth"

You better Stop!  Abel, what's that sound?
Everybody look what's goin' down

Jasonrevall

I think the robot just went into another room. And dang I don't think I've seen hair that wonky since comic-con.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Grey Wolf

Hmm. Is Abel a polytheist? Or is he using a figure of speech?
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

joshofspam

Guess that means no one is getting brownies.

Still now Jyrras is going to need a trip to the barber to get that cleaned up. Still I doubt a hair cut from a knife will cure the problem that he has with fans that want to hug him to death.

It's more likely to draw more attention to him.

Edit: Does this mean Jyrras's Profile picture is going to need a redo because of the change in hair style?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Grey Wolf on August 24, 2010, 10:51:09 AM
Hmm. Is Abel a polytheist? Or is he using a figure of speech?

AFAIK, Furrae has more than one god.  That's not even counting the Fae, who are more than capable of setting up a religion if they think it might be amusing.

Jairus

Yeah, sorry Jy, cutting your hair isn't gonna solve your problems with being easily identifiable. It'll just start a new fashion trend for messy hair or something like that. Also, a knife? Please. Scissors are way better. I would have thought you were smarter than that.

As for Abel knowing hair-crare tricks... he's a Cubi. They all probably take classes like that in order to stay looking so good.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

terrycloth

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 24, 2010, 08:55:00 AM

We all knew Jyrras was a time bomb... a tickin' tickin' tickin' time bomb.

Infranscia

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 24, 2010, 02:54:09 AMOkay, that was pretty bizarre.  I'd almost say that Abel was cracking up, except that he never saw the robot, it was just us.

Wonder if it was Jyrras in some kind of patch?

EDIT: Or, maybe the robot is still there and it's simply cloaked.

Hmm... This might just be me, but I don't think Furrae is advanced enough for cloaking.

Judging by the 'click' noise, I think she probably went back into her room and closed/locked the door (or possibly ran into a different room).  My guess is that my thinking aloud about how he didn't sense any emotions when the bunny-bot was behind him, he inadvertently just told her that she has no real emotions.  Thus telling her that what life she has is no more than an illusion, and/or possibly that she's not as close to living as she thought.  Thus hurting her (simulated) feelings.  Thus the bunny-bot went back to her room to cry (or do her closest equivalent).  Or sulk.  Or pout.

'That stupid kitty... Of course I have emotions!  He's just too dumb to sense them.  Hmmph...'

Also, I know this is a comic late, but I thought that the Griff-Mech was the 'sister' mentioned when Jy chose to stick with the 'reliable' field of technology.  But then again, I guess that mech would be too big for that capsule-thing. ^_^;

Also, Jyrrus looks like he's lacking sleep or something.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Alondro

*Charline smiles sweetly, as sweetly as a cold-hearted, cruel, large-pointy-fang-possessing, carnivorous monster can*  Poor little Jyrras, feeling so melancholy.  I can make it all better... I can make all the pain go away... just give yourself to me... give me your body... your soul... and it will all be gone.  Of course, so will you.  But isn't it worth the price?   :kruger
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

hapless

Quote from: terrycloth on August 24, 2010, 01:39:35 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on August 24, 2010, 08:55:00 AM
We all knew Jyrras was a time bomb... a tickin' tickin' tickin' time bomb.
But was he tubthumping? (Grreat, you had to remind me of this band :P)
Chaosnet device not responding - check breaker on the Unibus

Bjalf

Quote from: Infranscia on August 24, 2010, 01:52:30 PM
Judging by the 'click' noise, I think she probably went back into her room and closed/locked the door (or possibly ran into a different room).  My guess is that my thinking aloud about how he didn't sense any emotions when the bunny-bot was behind him, he inadvertently just told her that she has no real emotions.
Interesting theory. She seemed to be in full attack-mode (or glomping-mode), and then she just disappeared completely. Apparently she reacted to what he said, but I'm not yet convinced about the "hurt feelings" bit.

Also, Jyrrus looks like he's lacking sleep or something.
He does look a bit frazzled around the edges. Could just be the bad haircut, though. Nothing a little quality time with Abel won't cure!

Edit:
Poor Abel could do with some relaxing. He's going to need a week just to de-fluff that tail. It'll soon be fluffier than Mab's!

Angel

Wait a minute here...Jyrras is cutting off his hair...looks tired and stressed...using a robot to guard the house...speaking slowly and seems out of it...

GASP! I have to make an obvious joke!

Okay, okay, that was an awful joke. And as to Abel knowing how to cut and style hair, there's always the chance he won't, since, oh, you know... :shapeshifters
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Maark30

Maybe M.A.C.E. (Bunnybot) was just about to play tag when she saw dad coming.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Keleth

Quote from: Alondro on August 24, 2010, 02:06:03 PM
*Charline smiles sweetly, as sweetly as a cold-hearted, cruel, large-pointy-fang-possessing, carnivorous monster can*  Poor little Jyrras, feeling so melancholy.  I can make it all better... I can make all the pain go away... just give yourself to me... give me your body... your soul... and it will all be gone.  Of course, so will you.  But isn't it worth the price?   :kruger

They say talking to yourself is one of the first signs of insanity.

It's a shame you missed that stop a few miles back. :U
Help! I'm gay!

That_wolf

Quote from: Bjalf on August 24, 2010, 07:28:32 AM
[Abel] seems to have covered just about every possible gay stereotype.

Like what? Also, what counts as a gay stereotype in your books, because in mine, he isn't close to the stereotype.

Also, what if the robot was just passing by, looked at Abel, and then continued walking, going into the closed door on the right? Just suggesting an un-suggested thing.
Abel needs a hug...

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Bjalf on August 24, 2010, 07:28:32 AMI wonder if Abel have taken a hairdresser class? He seems to have covered just about every possible gay stereotype. And it would come in very handy now. Lots of quality time with your bestest friend ...

I can't imagine him not being able to do someones hair.
I mean, with the mastery of interior decoration, clothes and makeup he has shown so far, it just seems natural he would have completed the range of interests.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

LionHeart

Quote from: Drathorin on August 24, 2010, 05:19:43 PM
Quote from: Alondro on August 24, 2010, 02:06:03 PM

They say talking to yourself is one of the first signs of insanity.

It's a shame you missed that stop a few miles back. :U
...You did get the standard warning about bringing sanity in here when you first joined, right?
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Treesong

I think 'I will make you hate everything in the world so there is more love for me.' is one of the best page headers ever.

Bjalf

Quote from: That_wolf on August 24, 2010, 09:30:13 PM
Quote from: Bjalf on August 24, 2010, 07:28:32 AM
[Abel] seems to have covered just about every possible gay stereotype.

Like what? Also, what counts as a gay stereotype in your books, because in mine, he isn't close to the stereotype.
He's fashion conscious, well dressed, cooks (quiche!), dabbles in interior design, and he's effeminate.

Hasn't this already been beaten to death in this forum?

Amber Williams

ALL MY MALE CHARACTERS ARE MANLY DAMNIT!  MANLY!  >:O

Suwako

Quote from: Amber Williams on August 25, 2010, 02:17:06 AM
ALL MY MALE CHARACTERS ARE MANLY DAMNIT!  MANLY!  >:O

Yes, Amber. Of course amber. I completely agree amber.  :)

As manly as pink unicorns, by the least!  :U