22/08/2010 [DMFA #1139] - Hey, is that...?

Started by Teroniss, August 22, 2010, 04:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

That_wolf

*Note: I skip ed all of page two*

The chi chi chi chi, ka ka ka ka ka is Fryday the 13th(It's actually ki ki ki ki, ma ma ma ma(Kill kill kill ma(mom) ma ma). also, Abel's face in panel 3 is REALY odd looking. Cano't unsee pancaked faced Abel.
Abel needs a hug...

Madmann135

I just wonder what her name is.  
Personally I am thinking something like Ada, an early (the first) computer Programmer.

but something is making my brain go tick... Jyrras is one guy who has already 'reproduced' twice, once by magic and once by technology, both came out looking like bunnies one way or the other, in addition Jyrras likes guys and for a while was sexually ambiguous.  My question is are we sure he was meant to be a guy!?

(Edited, got my data mixed up)

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

VAE

Quote from: Madmann135 on August 23, 2010, 02:22:03 PM

Personally I am thinking something like Ada, an early (the first) computer programming language.
Untrue... Ada wasn't first
First strictly speaking are machine code and assembly, and then if i am not mistaken , my beloved FORTRAN
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Mao

Quote from: That_wolf on August 23, 2010, 02:13:49 PM
*Note: I skip ed all of page two*

The chi chi chi chi, ka ka ka ka ka is Fryday the 13th(It's actually ki ki ki ki, ma ma ma ma(Kill kill kill ma(mom) ma ma)

According to who?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on August 23, 2010, 02:22:03 PM

Personally I am thinking something like Ada, an early (the first) computer programming language.

Ada the person was regarded as the first programmer.  Ada the language is more recent, 1980s I think.  (Wikipedia says 1983).

Looking at the strip again, what's going to happen probably depends on whether the rabbit heard Abel calling out for Jyrras or not.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Bjalf

Quote from: That_wolf on August 23, 2010, 02:13:49 PM
also, Abel's face in panel 3 is REALY odd looking.
Abel's face in panel 3 is a lie.

Quote from: danman on August 23, 2010, 02:24:58 PM
First strictly speaking are machine code and assembly, and then if i am not mistaken , my beloved FORTRAN
Player pianos, actually.

Ryy Lazurus

Quick question.
Where did the name M.A.C.E come from?

Ah well, I'm sure a bone breaking hug is just want our boy Abel needs.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryy Lazurus on August 23, 2010, 03:00:31 PM
Quick question.

Demonology:

Jyrras' Inventions
Deathbringer
Gryph-mech
M.A.C.E.
i-Mow

Whether this is indeed MACE that we're seeing remains to be seen.

EDIT:

Quote from: Bjalf on August 23, 2010, 02:52:11 PM
Player pianos, actually.
I'd have said the Jacquard Loom, but I could be wrong.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

VAE

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Bjalf

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 23, 2010, 03:05:43 PM
Player pianos, actually.

You win an internet. Unless there's some early egyptian pyramid automation.

Starcat5

Quote from: Madmann135 on August 22, 2010, 10:23:09 AM
I could be my love for Sci-Fi but I think she is cute.
Jyrras is one guy but he has already 'reproduced' twice... by accident.

I've been off the net since Friday. Having seen this update, and realizing that this was most likely Jyrass's second born, the first thing out of my mouth was, and I quote: "Woot! Woot! Mother-****ing WOOT!" I may have jumped about and thrown Devil Horns into the air as well. In short, seeing "M.A.C.E." (If that is in fact her name) in her second appearence, sporting a new frame, is something that I have been waiting slegging YEARS for! :ipod
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

psilorder

hmm, if it's M.A.C.E...
Mechanical
Autonomous
Creature
Entity?

(or has there been some other words given?)

Naldru

Quote from: Bjalf on August 23, 2010, 03:14:41 PM
Player pianos, actually.

I don't know of any Egyptian devices, but there was one from the Greeks.

There are a great many definitions of computers, and which was the first is the subject of debate.  Player pianos, Jacquard Looms, and similar devices were programmable devices, but they didn't actually compute anything.  You also have to include the various clockwork automatons from the 1700's and 1800's.  Babbage's Engine could be considered the first digital computing device, but it was never completed.  (Babbage's Engine was the one that had the programming done by Ada, Countess of Lovelace.)  The Mark 1 at MIT was similar but used electric relays, while the Eniac at the University of Pennsylvania used vacuum tubes.  (There was also a woman involved in the design of the Mark I and the Eniac, Grace Murray Hopper.)  There are some who go for the electrical devices developed to crack the German Enigma code, although others discount that one because it wasn't a general purpose device.  Still others go for the Whirlwind because it stored the program in memory.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Caswin

It probably is MACE.

I say that because -- funny thing -- besides it not fitting any of the other three titles, seeing "M.A.C.E." under Demonology 101 whizzed right by me, but I have wondered where this was going for a while.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Ryy Lazurus

Quote from: Ryy Lazurus on August 23, 2010, 03:00:31 PM
Quick question.

Demonology:

Jyrras' Inventions
Deathbringer
Gryph-mech
M.A.C.E.
i-Mow

Whether this is indeed MACE that we're seeing remains to be seen

Thank-you kindly good sir. Thats me enlightend.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Bjalf on August 23, 2010, 03:14:41 PM
Quote from: Bjalf on August 23, 2010, 02:52:11 PMPlayer pianos, actually.

Well, there was that hydropowered organ, made by someone named Banū Mūsā, in Bagdad in the 9th century, I guess that is the oldest "programmed" item I know of. The loom was inspired by an old music box, I believe, but I'm not sure. Though Music boxes have been around for a long time as well.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Anker Steadfast

He he, well, yeah ... an iPod is indeed a very sophisticated music box.

Not very old though.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.