Werewolves - Sign up!

Started by Inumo, July 21, 2010, 01:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inumo

Since Tag didn't end up working out, figured I'd instead see if anyone wanted to play Werewolves. I'll be using the rules of Werewolves of Miller's Hollow, since I've played it in real life before.

The goal of the game is for the werewolves to kill all of the villagers or the villagers to kill all of the werewolves. Each player is randomly assigned a role (listed below). Each role has certain powers that are usable at certain times and change how the game is played:

• Werewolf - The werewolf/werewolves kill a person each night by consensus.
  • Seer - Each night, the Seer gets to see what general role (werewolf or villager) a player of their choice is.
  • Hunter - Should the Hunter die by werewolf or lynching, he can immediately retaliate and kill any player of his choice.
  • Cupid - During the first night phase, Cupid designates two players (including him/herself) as lovers. The lovers know who they are in love with, and, should one lover die, the other must die immediately as well, out of grief. A werewolf and villager can be in love, at which point the goal is for the two lovers to be the last two standing.
  • Witch - The Witch has two extremely potent potions; one that can cure any ill, and one that can kill any living thing. However, the process required to make another potion takes a long time, so the Witch can only use each potion once.
  • Little Girl - The Little Girl can peep in on the werewolves' discussion on who to kill next at night. However, should she be caught, she is immediately killed in place of the werewolves' victim of the night.

Anyone that isn't one of these roles is just a regular villager. Whenever a player dies, the player must reveal their role.

Play passes through a night phase and a day phase. During the night phase, the Seer learns about a person of their choice, the werewolves kill a person of their choice, and the Witch can heal the werewolves' victim and/or kill a person of their choice. During the day phase, everybody (werewolves and villagers) chooses someone to lynch as a suspected werewolf by majority rule. In order to put a player up to the vote, two players must both wish to do so. Each villager gets only one vote. During the first day phase, villagers must also elect a sheriff whose vote is worth two votes instead of one.

Sign up starts now, I'll be closing it off in a week or two. We need a minimum of eight players.

Current Players:
That_wolf
ashitaka34

That_wolf

I'm confused a bit how it all works out, but I'm a quick learner. I'll join.
Abel needs a hug...

Inumo

I figured my summary had its holes. What do you need clarified/explained?

That_wolf

Eh, how long it is, till every night. also, most of it is just that I need experience in it.
Abel needs a hug...

Inumo

I figure it'll be about a week, week and a half per day phase to get a vote in. With the night phases, it depends on how fast the werewolves come to consensus and all the other people send me their responses.

That_wolf

Also, how does little girl spy?
Abel needs a hug...

Inumo

If I use an exterior forum I set up like I did last game I ran, she'll just be given the link too. If I use e-mails with reply-all, I'll forward the e-mails to the Little Girl. If I use PMs... I'm not sure, really... I'm thinking the exterior forum's probably going to work best.

ashitaka34

Sounds alot like IRC Mafia, great fun.

I'll sign up.

Inumo

Considering the general lack of responses, and the need for eight people, the deadline may need to be extended...

llearch n'n'daCorna

This is a forum, Inumo. It's not an IRC. People don't show up for 2 weeks - and that's regular visitors, there. Those of us who check in multiple times a day are unusual, as these things go.

Have a little patience. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

VAE

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 23, 2010, 07:45:50 PM
This is a forum, Inumo. It's not an IRC. People don't show up for 2 weeks - and that's regular visitors, there. Those of us who check in multiple times a day are unusual, as these things go.

Oh... so you mean not everyone has the forum at one click from his home page, and checks it first and last thing in a day?    :erk
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Inumo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 23, 2010, 07:45:50 PM

I see some people more often than that... are they just abnormal like me? :U

Corgatha Taldorthar

No, we're just dedicated cyberstalkers.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yes, I'm just abnormal. :-P
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears