06/14/2010 [TDA #9] - Piecemeal, I hates it so.

Started by Chairtastic, June 14, 2010, 05:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chairtastic

Angel guy is being awfully quiet during this exchange; Zivan is it? :U  Priests willing to do business with Evil?  Oh they must be desperate, or frauds; or both.  Regardless, they are both so adorable, especially when they try to jettison their eyeballs like that. :3

I notice something, also.  The Brother's pupils are slitted; is this artistic license or a subtle clue?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Meany on June 14, 2010, 05:26:49 PM
Angel guy is being awfully quiet during this exchange; Zivan is it? :U  Priests willing to do business with Evil?
Oh they must be desperate, or frauds; or both.  Regardless, they are both so adorable, especially when they try to jettison their eyeballs like that. :3[/quote]
Or 'evil' doesn't mean what you think it means :P
In the original art the novice had NO eyes in the last panel.  I wasn't quite sure if this looked more or less weird...

QuoteI notice something, also.  The Brother's pupils are slitted; is this artistic license or a subtle clue?
That's artistic license.  Usually I try to make them less slitted, but I was in a rush this time.  I'll probably go back and fix it later if I have time.  It might have to be tomorrow.
If you look closely, Jakob's are too.  I often have to do this with Ren's art as well...

EDIT:
Eyes should be fixed now.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Chakat Blackspots

Well, I have to interject with this, Tapewolf probably knows this, but Foxes pupils in daylight are slitted like cats pupils are.  I just figured Ren (or is it Spooks) was just following nature.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Daniel Boomhauer on June 14, 2010, 08:58:38 PM
Well, I have to interject with this, Tapewolf probably knows this, but Foxes pupils in daylight are slitted like cats pupils are.  I just figured Ren (or is it Spooks) was just following nature.

Actually there was this nagging voice saying that they probably should have been left slit, but I wasn't consciously aware of that, no.
However, people do tend to slit the eyes of big cats which are supposed to have round pupils, and Ren's eyes are always somewhat elongated, even on humans, so I guess I've just got used to de-slitting them whenever I colour things :P

EDIT: Of course, Jakob's eyes when he's outed are supposed to be slitted.

Tapewolf

Okay, thanks to Spooks we have an upgrade for the Novice' eye in the last panel, it's rather less goofy-looking.
The prospect of Daryil or Niall with slit eyes has made me sway in favour of keeping them rounded a'la DMFA foxes, I think...

joshofspam

Creatures get no respect. >:3

Poor Jacob. Always getting lumped together with all the other bad creatures. :cry
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 15, 2010, 05:17:17 AM
Quote from: Daniel Boomhauer on June 14, 2010, 08:58:38 PM

Actually there was this nagging voice saying that they probably should have been left slit, but I wasn't consciously aware of that, no.
However, people do tend to slit the eyes of big cats which are supposed to have round pupils, and Ren's eyes are always somewhat elongated, even on humans, so I guess I've just got used to de-slitting them whenever I colour things :P

EDIT: Of course, Jakob's eyes when he's outed are supposed to be slitted.

Here's a good close up of a fox and its eyes: http://www.furaffinity.net/full/4055732/  (Owned by Najlvin)