05/07/10 [PF#114] - In the summer time

Started by Raskahn, May 07, 2010, 03:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raskahn

Hey, first post :)

Love that last panel. A super soaker haha

Tapewolf

I lost the battle with the comic engine, this is now strip 114, Keaton is now 113  :<

And yeah, I'm intending to do a blowup of the beach panel, but getting this up has been a draining experience and I'm going to unwind first.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ChaosMageX

I think the fourth panel has a wording error.

Replacing "job" with "thing" or replacing "this place is" with "putting this place" should fix it.

Or the sentence could be correct in the UK dialect of english, I'm not sure.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on May 07, 2010, 04:45:43 PM
Replacing "job" with "thing" or replacing "this place is" with "putting this place" should fix it.

Actually, that's correct.  It may be a mannerism that's not used in the US, though.
EDIT: Ninja'd

That aside, a higher-res version of the last panel is here:
http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/pf114_7.png

joshofspam

For science!!!!

Beach side property would have to be expensive.

Wonder if Daryl made himself some jellyfish sandwitches while the lab was there?

If this was before all the A.I.'s I guess it would be pointless task which is worst. Sand in your pants or sand in your joints? :3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Pagan

I see Daryil's a fan of Half-Life 2.

Head-crab <3
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Raskahn

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 07, 2010, 03:16:11 PM
I lost the battle with the comic engine, this is now strip 114, Keaton is now 113  :<

And yeah, I'm intending to do a blowup of the beach panel, but getting this up has been a draining experience and I'm going to unwind first.

Judging from the time of your postings, 1.5 hours to unwind? damn you're a fast one. lemme guess, high metabolism?

Meany

I take it Ashley doesn't like water overmuch?

Would it even be possible to create wings for an android that work in the traditional up-down manner?  Or would jet propulsion have to be involved somehow?

Also:

QuoteHe doesn't feel suicidal...

>3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Meany on May 08, 2010, 10:26:50 AM
Would it even be possible to create wings for an android that work in the traditional up-down manner?  Or would jet propulsion have to be involved somehow?
I don't know whether 'Cubi can fly without using magic anyway - in principle they shouldn't be able to, having no tail.
However, they should be able to use them to control their fall at the very least, and this is what Dorcan was trying to do.
The android wings were originally designed to be mainly decorative, but this incident is liable to make Jakob and company think about whether they can make the wings glide and whether they can line them with some kind of armour, since 'Cubi would tend to use them as a quick shield.

Madmann135

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 08, 2010, 11:13:00 AM
Quote from: Meany on May 08, 2010, 10:26:50 AM
Would it even be possible to create wings for an android that work in the traditional up-down manner?  Or would jet propulsion have to be involved somehow?
I don't know whether 'Cubi can fly without using magic anyway - in principle they shouldn't be able to, having no tail.
However, they should be able to use them to control their fall at the very least, and this is what Dorcan was trying to do.
The android wings were originally designed to be mainly decorative, but this incident is liable to make Jakob and company think about whether they can make the wings glide and whether they can line them with some kind of armour, since 'Cubi would tend to use them as a quick shield.

2 words "Iron Cubi" ...yes I am on an Iron Man streak due to the movie coming out and me seeing it.

Considering they have access to a nano-factory the possibility for concealed defense and offense could be endless.
Still I now have an interesting respect for Dorcan, not only did he jump into an industrial washing machine and off a building to test his limits but he jumped into the washing machine to clean up at the same time, 2 birds with one stone.  He was the only one brave (crazy) enough to go through such measures.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Meany

To be fair, Joshua threw himself between two Creatures to test his body's limits.  Notwithstanding that he forgot his head was comparatively squishy...

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Awwww, Daryil looks so cute in last panel! :3 Maybe he and the crab will have a wacky adventure!  :U

And I personally wouldn't think Dorcan would be at all suicidal, especially after getting a new body after all. Plus it's always good to know what your body can and can't do.

For example, my back isn't the greatest, so it helps me knowing what I can and can't lift. :D

I hate to say this, but in my opinion that color purple is sooooo not working for Dorcan.... :< But I guess that's what you get for wearing a gay man's clothes. :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on May 08, 2010, 12:40:13 PM
I hate to say this, but in my opinion that color purple is sooooo not working for Dorcan.... :<
Yeah, it was chosen deliberately  >:3  It's slightly better than what I was going to do.

Meany

Tapewolf

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 08, 2010, 02:24:00 PM
Quote from: Meany on May 08, 2010, 01:09:32 PM
Dare I say it? :U ...Pink?

http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/pf114_2a.png

OH, GOD NO!!! :O *calls the Fashion Police* That is just worse!  :erk

And why do I have a funny feeling that Daryil is going to pop up any minute and be "Hi, there! :cvheart I didn't know you switched teams...."  :mowwink

Although, I will say the image was worth the laugh (and the horror).  :3

Meany

Horror?  Oh no, that isn't horror.  

True horror is two words: Rainbow tie-dye.  :c

But yes, the image is adorable. :> However, I've noticed something; on the strip, it looks like some panel three is out of focus, and there is a strange dark-gray blob on Daryil's wing.  Peculiar.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Meany on May 08, 2010, 03:57:51 PM
But yes, the image is adorable. :> However, I've noticed something; on the strip, it looks like some panel three is out of focus, and there is a strange dark-gray blob on Daryil's wing.  Peculiar.
Panel 3 is a glitch caused by Comiclife, it happens occasionally.  I'll go in and fix it.

The blob on Dar's wing is his thumb which has covered the lens slightly.

Madmann135

Random question that was bugging me for a while.
How often does Ikaarion Daryil change his hair color?

Quote from: Meany on May 08, 2010, 12:26:03 PM
To be fair, Joshua threw himself between two Creatures to test his body's limits.  Notwithstanding that he forgot his head was comparatively squishy...

To be fare he was not thinking body limits he was thinking "protect a friend."

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on May 08, 2010, 08:00:21 PM
When he gets bored with it.

Suwako

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 09, 2010, 05:13:50 AM
Quote from: Madmann135 on May 08, 2010, 08:00:21 PM
When he gets bored with it.

What's his record for longest and shortest timespan for hair re-colouration?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tytaj on May 09, 2010, 06:24:21 AM
What's his record for longest and shortest timespan for hair re-colouration?

Shortest would be here:
http://www.project-future.org/strip.php?strip=55

Longest would be... difficult.  The first few thousand years of his life, I guess, if you exclude the times he's adopted another form.

Meany

Curiosity rears its ugly head again...

If Kurzmouth was so perfect for the Jakob's purposes, why did he relocate to the arctic?  Also, I take it Kurzmouth isn't a popular destination for Beings, or adventurers considering Jakob & Co. have their headwings exposed, or are they on a reserved strip of beach?

*dropkick'd by curiosity ninjas*

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: ChaosMageX on May 07, 2010, 04:45:43 PM
I think the fourth panel has a wording error.

Or the sentence could be correct in the UK dialect of english, I'm not sure.

I occasionally say it that way, but its more like I will both say "good job" or "good thing".  Its interchangeable.

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 08, 2010, 11:13:00 AM
I don't know whether 'Cubi can fly without using magic anyway - in principle they shouldn't be able to, having no tail.  -snip-

Confused a little, I thought they did have tails, at least that's how its being drawn in the comics.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Meany on May 09, 2010, 11:36:24 AM
If Kurzmouth was so perfect for the Jakob's purposes, why did he relocate to the arctic?
Many reasons.  Ostensibly the research lab was for cryogenics research and a low ambient temperature helped.
Jakob and Daryil also wanted to relocate to somewhere in a different jurisdiction (prefererably no jurisdiction) in case their secret was discovered.
Also, when they actually got hold of the panther and aircraft technology they needed a much larger establishment.

QuoteAlso, I take it Kurzmouth isn't a popular destination for Beings, or adventurers considering Jakob & Co. have their headwings exposed, or are they on a reserved strip of beach?
It's a Creature-run territory like Zinvth, pretty safe.

Just between you and me?  I did wonder about the wings, but the Evil Beach Party settled it for me.

Raskahn

"The Evil Beach Party"

Can we have an Evil barbecue too?

Meany

If memory serves, the Evil Beach Party comes with Evil Barbecue.  Just look for the Insectis manning the grill, and brace your ears.

Raskahn

Would this also include classic campfire songs such as "Souls roasting on an open fire"?

Sunblink

That last panel is a lot of fun. :) It's nice to see the cast enjoying themselves. The horseshoe crab on Daryil's head still cracks me up, though.

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on May 10, 2010, 08:13:28 AM
Would this also include classic campfire songs such as "Souls roasting on an open fire"?

That's Keaton's favorite song, and if people get mad at her for her tastelessness she defends herself by saying it's catchy. XD

Well not really, but that's totally something she'd do.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on May 09, 2010, 11:55:39 AM
Confused a little, I thought they did have tails, at least that's how its being drawn in the comics.
He is talking about tails a la bird tails - something wide enough to support you in flight.