05/07/2010 [DMFA#1114] Scary, scary ghosties!

Started by jeffh4, May 07, 2010, 01:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh4

What's worse than a fear of ghosts is to have a cat that likes to pounce on your toes or face if you dare to move them while you sleep.

Makes for some light sleeping, let me tell you.

joshofspam

I don't know.

I've had some strange fears too.

After watching the Blob I feared that the blob was going to pull me down through the plumbing when I had to use the restroom and a loud flushing toilet caused me to hurry out the door.

As a kid I probably had more to fear of me falling out of my bunk bed then the zombies that wanted to eat me when I fall asleep. :zombiekun2
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Cvstos

Just remember...

If there's something strange
In your neighborhood
Who ya gonna call?
Ghostbusters!

If there's something weird
And it don't look good
Who ya gonna call?
Ghostbusters!

I ain't afraid of no ghosts!

Sorry, I've been in a Ghostbusters mood for the last week :)
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

M

You're not alone, Amber. I use to have a similar fear involving toes not being covered up as well, thinking something that went bump in the night would grab my legs.

It was pretty tough to put up with when it got too hot in my room, though. :B

Lego3400

If it helps any. I shall share that I cannot stand being in a dark room with a mirror. Thus I do not keep any mirrors in my room. I blame the story of bloody mary.

Turnsky

to be fair i don't like my toes uncovered.... i like having warm feet.  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Madd the Sane

In regards to the rant: maybe you need to set your alarm clock to wake up at a reasonable time.  :3

As for fears: I was scared of lightning. In fact, I don't like loud noises at all (vacuums, yelling, etc...).
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Silverling

I have a fear of things crawling in my ears while I sleep....

So I sleep with my face covered in a blanket now... Yeah...

InsanityRequiem

I must be a mutant. No fears.  :<

But ghosts? Aww. They're so cute and cuddly! Even if their physical presence could suck the heat from your soul.
Who is the sanest of us all? Why, the insane of course!

Garsemor

I've got a lot of phobias, heights, flying bugs, ledges you can fall off, sharp (as long as it's no me woe's holding them), circular stairs. I've propably missed a few but I've got a lot.

Drayco84

Quote from: Lego3400 on May 07, 2010, 02:12:39 AM
If it helps any. I shall share that I cannot stand being in a dark room with a mirror. Thus I do not keep any mirrors in my room. I blame the story of bloody mary.
I also loathe mirrors in dark rooms...

But anyway... My fear is spiders from the bottom of my bed and under my sheets/blankets/whatever... No, this is NOT helped by my arachnophobia...

Conversely, I do have a grandmother that lives in a house that IS haunted. For some bizarre reason, that and other ghosts/demons/whatever don't bother me...

Unsilenced

Remember: No matter how fearsome, slimy, scaly, clawed, toothed, fanged or otherwise equipped to vivisect you on the spot a monster may be, they cannot penetrate a blankie.

This is a fact. Remember it well, and you will be safe from harm.
Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

ChaosMageX

Mirrors can get pretty creepy in dark rooms...or they can get cool when you have a laser pointer with you.

I don't usually fear ghosts unless I watch "A Haunting" on the Discovery Channel, which can get pretty scary sometimes.

It doesn't help that I know that ghosts are real from my mother's pictures of ghost orbs.  I don't doubt that there are malevolent spirits out there of people who were psychopaths when alive and now believe themselves to be demons in the afterlife and torment the living.

Icon by Sunblink

Sind

Quote from: Turnsky on May 07, 2010, 02:19:41 AM
to be fair i don't like my toes uncovered.... i like having warm feet.  :U

*nods* :3

Ketchup-Crumbles

*grumbles* crappy iPod... swallowed my post...
Mainly I wanted to say: I fear ghosts and creepy ghoststories (especially when reminded shortly before going to bed) but I sleep all covered up because I like it warm :3

Reese Tora

When I was a kid, my dad took me to see Backdraft with him in theaters.

For the longest time afterward, I was afraid to step in shadows because the fire might be hiding inside them and burn me up.

And don't even get me started on what I was afraid of after I went to see Dante's Peak with him...
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

TheAuldGrump

Has anyone taken a look at the children's book 'I Need My Monster'? Where the poor kid can't sleep, because the monster under his bed has gone on vacation?

A book that makes me glad that there are still folks out there making quality books for reading to the kids. :)

When I was a Wee Grump I used to set traps for the monster under the bed, and was bitterly disappointed that I never managed to catch one. :(

The Auld Grump, when I dangled my toes, it was for bait....  >:]

Ketchup-Crumbles

Oh I remembered another fear: While I can endure heights and can stand close to edges myself (to a point) it really bothers me to see someone else do it. I have a fear of others falling off heights, or maybe a fear of others endangering themselves in general. (Is there a nifty -phobia word for that, too?)
On under-bed-monster: I don't remember any fear of those... I'm not sure I ever believed in that.

Bjalf

Quote from: joshofspam on May 07, 2010, 01:50:54 AM
As a kid I probably had more to fear of me falling out of my bunk bed ...

Once I woke up mid-air. Seriously. I must say, I much prefer a slow, gentle awakening.

Quote from: Silverling on May 07, 2010, 02:36:20 AM

Dust mites. No need to thank me   >:]

Scarydragon

When I was little I had the most wonderful fear of dying and spending eternity floating around in nothingness (I didn't grow up in a religious family). I was also inexplicably afraid to stare at the crack in a door that wasn't quite closed.
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

Lucheek

Well that raises the question if there are spirits. Since Furrae is so based in Magic, it seems like there would be beings or creatures who could communicate with the dead (and not un-dead), or call aid upon earth spirits or some such.  There are defininatly souls that can live beyond their body here (but so far we've only seen that been done forcibly by creatures onto a victim)

Alondro

There are no ghosts in Furrae because any loose souls would be quickly devoured by any Creatures passing by.

Logical explanation!

I'm a friggin genius! 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Toast

I can't sleep in a room that has doors open at night.  If the closet door is open, I won't sleep until someone shuts it.

I guess the logic is that Samara couldn't open doors in The Ring anyway, she just kind of crawled, so I'd be mostly safe. :D

DMFA reader since 2000!

Congo Jack

As any coroner would tell you, it's alive people you should be afraid of.  :kruger

VAE

Quote from: Silverling on May 07, 2010, 02:36:20 AM

Erm,,, me too.
Also , if there is a spider or something, i have to get it out, kill it or have my feline minions sort it out before i can sleep....
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Anker Steadfast

I've never really had any phobias.
Though my big brother once managed to convince me that there was a monster under the bed ... I set monster traps there for weeks, trying to capture one, so I could sell it to the local zoo.

:D

Quote from: Sind on May 07, 2010, 03:59:51 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on May 07, 2010, 02:19:41 AMto be fair i don't like my toes uncovered.... i like having warm feet.  :U
*nods* :3

I agree with this, nothing worse than having cold feet.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

jeffh4

Quote from: Bjalf on May 07, 2010, 05:41:17 AM
Once I woke up mid-air. Seriously. I must say, I much prefer a slow, gentle awakening.

Ooog. Don't remind me. I still have the scar from the landing.  On the plus side, I no longer roll around in my sleep.

....Darn bunk beds.....  

The other weird thing is that my face and body has to point to the closest edge of the bed for me to fall asleep.  I just can't get comfy pointing the the midde of the bed.  Actually, when I'm cuddling is the exception.

Icalasari

Movies and stories can give me temporary fears

Temp:

Static
Mirrors
The Sink
Vampires
Werewolves
Numerous others

Permament:

Dark
Zombies
Closed bathroom doors that are unlocked

I will elaborate if anybody wants me to
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....

jeffh4

Quote from: Icalasari on May 07, 2010, 11:23:33 AM

Only if you can recount some really freaky or juicy nightmares!

Icalasari

Quote from: jeffh4 on May 07, 2010, 11:24:56 AM
Quote from: Icalasari on May 07, 2010, 11:23:33 AM

Only if you can recount some really freaky or juicy nightmares!

The door was because of one

When I was little, I had a dream. I went to the washroom which became huge. The cartoon Jackie Chan was searching for Talismans in there. I stayed for a bit. As I turned the handle on the door, he shouted, "NOOOO!" and a werewolf broke in and swallowed me whole in under a secind, waking me up

And I have been afraid of unlocked bathroom doors ever since :3

Oddly, I still became a voreaphile despite that dream, which shocks me...
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....