05/02/2010 [DMFA#1113] Abel's brain broke

Started by AmigaDragon, May 02, 2010, 03:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Lorien

Wow, Dan is a goober.   Poor Abel, though I can't help but feel that this evens the score with Abel's stand-offishness.

On a side-note I think the difference between Dan and Abel's builds are now obvious, and they both still look good. *thumbs up*

*goes back to lurking*

Suwako

Operational error, windows has shut down to prevent damage to your system. If this is the first time this has happened......  :B

Dan is naive, yes?  :P

Jairus

*jawdrops*

Wow. WOW. Just, wow.

Yeah, Abel and I had roughly the same reaction here. Seriously, Dan, you need a HUGE info-dump right about now. Amber, can we just skip Abel's Story this week just so that we can see Abel knocking some sense into Dan? Please?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Balades_Wife

Oh Dan, Dan, Danny, DANIEL, surely you know it's okay to be gay? : 3
~K. *: )

Unsilenced

Stupidity is a powerful force.

Use it wisely.

Wait...

Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

Congo Jack

Because of the clothes the friendship was lost.

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Omega

Did you notice how much effort Abmer did for the baground for this update?

She has been doing that more and more lately.

InsanityRequiem

For some reason, I must applaud Dan's ability to cause a hardware crash inside of a living being. But on the other hand, I need to give Dan a nice clocking with for the words he used.
Who is the sanest of us all? Why, the insane of course!

Captain

If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Congo Jack

Quote from: InsanityRequiem on May 02, 2010, 04:00:57 AM
For some reason, I must applaud Dan's ability to cause a hardware crash inside of a living being. But on the other hand, I need to give Dan a nice clocking with for the words he used.
Abel is exaggregating, of course. He spent, like 300-something years in students dormitory, so he can handle MUCH more.

Nino

Dan's kind of an idiot! The slightly homophobic dense/misinformed tough guy character always changes his point of views by the end though.

You know, I really like the Dan/Abel relationship dynamics though. They really have clashing personalities and it's always funny to see how they irritate one another. I mean, I could imagine Abel being difficult to get along with in general, but some people would have the personality to be able to let things go and Dan's not really one of them. Conversely Abel's sarcastic and unhelpfulness just egg Dan on more.

I've heard there's some truth in the idea that only children tend to not be able to get along with each other and get along best with non-confrontational younger siblings. And Dan and Abel don't get along with each other but both get along well with Jyrras. Weird!

Azexu

Heh, the Clan of Pain indeed; Dan can cause paralyzing pain with just a couple of sentences.

Shade

Quote from: Kattuccino on May 02, 2010, 04:18:39 AMDan's kind of an idiot! The slightly homophobic dense/misinformed tough guy character always changes his point of views by the end though.

I wouldn't even say that it IS homophobic at all. 

Just because he hasn't got a clue what causes 'teh gay' in people, doesn't mean that he thinks it's BAD.  He.... just would rather continue fancying girls.

Brownie

I have an IRL friend just like Dan.
Not clueless about homosexuality, but just clueless in general. This was an absolutly perfect time for this update to come around as he's been getting more and more clueless lately...
I even have a friend who acts like Abel. A lot. All the time. And he doesn't read DMFA (I don't think. At least, not anymore...)

Regardless, I can't wait to see what happens next.

Jasonrevall

Correlation does not imply causation! Also if that is all it takes to hurt Abel's brain, he may have more than one major weakness.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

jeffh4

Quote from: Jairus on May 02, 2010, 03:33:53 AM
Yeah, Abel and I had roughly the same reaction here. Seriously, Dan, you need a HUGE info-dump right about now.

I think Dan managed to make Abel just give up.  For little things, Abel doesn't mind giving a detailed explanation why Dan is being ignroant/prejudiced/naive/etc.  But for something like this, Abel just gave up.

Before everyone rags too much on Dan, keep in mind the age and experience difference here.  Abel is, what, about 18 times older than Dan?  Of course Dan is not going to know diddly about interpersonal relationships and how people discover themselves.  He's just trained as an adventurer, the thinking of which goes:  See A, decide if A looks like a threat, stab A before it can react. 

Not much time for reflection or observing the world in his background.

Kragoth

OMG, I just lol'ed so hard my husband asked what was so funny! Of course he didn't understand it, 'cause he hasn't been reading the comic, so... Muahahaha, inside joke for me!

But really, this was awesomely drawn, the whole 'what the heck am I gonna say, words utterly fail me'-look in Abel's face and his whole body language... LOL

It hurts. ^^

Vicorus

I would like to thank Dan for forcing my brain to attempt to strangle itself, then shut down.

However, it is interesting to note Dan's worldview. As an adventurer, I doubt Dan had much time to consider other aspects of the world around him beyond "Find evil, stab evil, repeat cycle." Although his mind would still have to make a huge leap of logic to come to that conclusion, it is a slightly smaller leap than if he had an expanded worldview.

Besides, Dan is, well, Dan. Can't expect him to come to good conclusions all the time. Or er...half the time, either.

Arcblade

Ha, wow.  I guess if I grew up without knowing any gay folks, I might end up thinking the same things, but.... man, I hope not. 

On another note, I've seen this kind of situation a lot- where someone is so horribly wrong you don't know where to begin correcting them.  I definitely don't envy Abel here.  It's not like Dan's going to believe him if he tries anyway...

Where's Alexi?  Maybe she could fix this.  Possibly with a hammer. 

Bjalf

Quote from: Captain on May 02, 2010, 04:03:47 AM
correlation is not causation, Dan.
Lies! Lies and slander!

This update is abso-frickin-lutely brilliant, I actually lol'ed.    :D

Dan does have a point, though, painfully wrong as it is. Jyrras was perfectly normal, then he met Abel, Abel gave him a make-over, and now Jyrras is gay. There are no rational arguments that Abel can use in reply to this. I love it! Also, it fits very nicely in with Dan's theory that all cubi are evil. Merlitz even saw Abel putting an evil mind-controlling spell on Jyrras!

Be careful, Abel, stupid can be contagious, too.

"Don't argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. What's more, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

Thirty Second Artbomb

Oh, Dan. WIS was your dump stat, wasn't it?

I am adoring the New Improved Beefy Dan, by the way. Really looks suitable for a retired-adventurer type.

Rambon

I think someone really has to tell Dan that homosexuality is not a disease. It can't be caught  by air, water, physical contact, or any other way you can catch a disease.

Netrogo

Hmm Amber seems to have smudged this comic a bit, if you squint a little you see this red discolouration around Dan's neck area. In fact, it seems to have surfaced in every drawing of Dan ever... Odd...
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

VAE

Quote from: Rambon on May 02, 2010, 09:00:24 AM
I think someone really has to tell Dan that homosexuality is not a disease. It can't be caught  by air, water, physical contact, or any other way you can catch a disease.
So inherited diseases, such as cystic fibrosis, mongoloidism, multiple sclerosis, and muscle dystrophy are just figments of my imagination?
Ow...just...ow
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Vicorus

Quote from: danman on May 02, 2010, 09:19:46 AM
So inherited diseases, such as cystic fibrosis, mongoloidism, multiple sclerosis, and muscle dystrophy are just figments of my imagination?
Ow...just...ow

Personally, I would say that inheritance counts as a way to catch a disease. But then it all descends into genetics, which to put it lightly, are not my forte.

Techcubi

Why the heck did the conversation have to turn away from the subject of the Soulstealers?

Drayco84

Biased Dan is biased! But yeah, he's blaming Abel for Jyrras being (potentially) gay too?! YOU FAIL PSYCHOLOGY 4EVAH! How much you wanna bet Dan somehow thinks he's turning gay and blames THAT on Abel as well?

And OMG! They're (almost) wearing the same outfit! FASHION FAUX PAS!

AmigaDragon

Just you wait, some drug company will develop a drug for it (whether it works or not) and get legislation passed calling it a disease, requiring their drug to treat it.

Quote from: Drayco84 on May 02, 2010, 09:33:24 AM
How much you wanna bet Dan somehow thinks he's turning gay and blames THAT on Abel as well?

Naw, he just thought his wardrobe was turning gay.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen