Tenti-Cool?

Started by Les, April 26, 2010, 10:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les

Quote from: Arcblade on May 11, 2010, 08:55:22 PM
Quote from: Les on April 26, 2010, 12:48:44 PM
Hmm.. looking back on This Strip, Destania's combat-tentacles look pretty draconic as well, though not quite the same as Dan's.. one question answered anyway.   :boogie

On the basis of the latest shots of Destania's tentacle-heads and a few more recent ones of Dan, I feel safe in saying they have essentially the same draconic tentacle-heads. 

...yes, I did just derail the conversation back to its original topic.  Sorry. 

Not quite the same.  Dan's tentacle-heads are more stubby-snouted and snaggle-toothed.  Dee's heads are more sleek and pointy.   :mowtongue
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Arcblade

Quote from: Les on May 11, 2010, 09:10:37 PM
Quote from: Arcblade on May 11, 2010, 08:55:22 PM
Quote from: Les on April 26, 2010, 12:48:44 PM
Hmm.. looking back on This Strip, Destania's combat-tentacles look pretty draconic as well, though not quite the same as Dan's.. one question answered anyway.   :boogie

On the basis of the latest shots of Destania's tentacle-heads and a few more recent ones of Dan, I feel safe in saying they have essentially the same draconic tentacle-heads. 

...yes, I did just derail the conversation back to its original topic.  Sorry. 

Not quite the same.  Dan's tentacle-heads are more stubby-snouted and snaggle-toothed.  Dee's heads are more sleek and pointy.   :mowtongue

Hmm... I'll grant you the snaggle-toothed for now.  We only have one recent picture of Dee's tentacle heads, and they're not teethy at the moment.  But I still say it's probably just the way Amber drew it, rather than a specific difference in the shape. 

Les

Quote from: Arcblade on May 11, 2010, 09:33:36 PM
Hmm... I'll grant you the snaggle-toothed for now.  We only have one recent picture of Dee's tentacle heads, and they're not teethy at the moment.  But I still say it's probably just the way Amber drew it, rather than a specific difference in the shape. 

Maybe the way Amber drew it was to show subtle differences between Dee's tenta-heads and her son's?  :mowwink

They're both clearly draconic, just slightly different... kinda like how children look slightly different from their parents.   :mowtongue

Arcblade

Quote from: Les on May 11, 2010, 10:26:30 PM
Quote from: Arcblade on May 11, 2010, 09:33:36 PM

Maybe the way Amber drew it was to show subtle differences between Dee's tenta-heads and her son's?  :mowwink

They're both clearly draconic, just slightly different... kinda like how children look slightly different from their parents.   :mowtongue

Now you're just picking at straws.   >:3 (I still think it's accidental.)

I suspect this argument could continue almost indefinitely, even with more shots of Dee's tentacle-heads, unless Amber steps in and says something.  And considering where this topic is, I kinda doubt that'll happen.

Les

I'm just willing to give Amber's art talents the benefit of the doubt, considering how whenever she's drawn Dan's tentacle heads and Dee's tentacle heads (granted we have seen more of Dan's than Dee's) they have been consistent to themselves but not to each other.

Compare early Amber art of Dee's tentacles with New Amber art  Sleek, Sharp, just like Destania.

And now early art of Dan's tentacles compared to New-er art.. in a word, blunt.  Just like Dan.   :U

Mao

Knowing Amber personally (and having shared art critique with her a few times...oh gods.. the scorpions!  My ego!) I'm going to say it's likely what Arcblade said.  She's welcome to correct me on that one, of course, but I think you may be barking up the wrong tree.  Feel free to continue discussing this as it is an interesting theory.

Arcblade

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 12, 2010, 06:10:49 AM
Knowing Amber personally (and having shared art critique with her a few times...oh gods.. the scorpions!  My ego!) I'm going to say it's likely what Arcblade said.  She's welcome to correct me on that one, of course, but I think you may be barking up the wrong tree.  Feel free to continue discussing this as it is an interesting theory.

Even better, it could end up being a self-fulfilling prophecy in that Amber might not have done it on purpose, but she could end up doing it purposely because it fits so well. 

'Cause really, Les is right, Dan has kind of a blunt personality, and Destania's more subtle and graceful.  It would be pretty awesome if their tentacle-heads reflected that.  Completely unnecessary, but awesome. 

Anker Steadfast

Well, there's nothing to say that the draconic heads that Dan and Destania get from Cyra cannot have personal variations in them, based upon the people who wield them. It *is* afterall based around subconcious shapeshifting on Dan and Destania's part, Cyra simply made the "talent" avalable for them at no cost ..

Just like we get our hands from our parents, but our fingerprints are our own.

Either way, I think it's mostly a case of Pencil-Genetics at work here, y'know :  "if it looks better ... " and all that.

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Congo Jack

Come to think about it, Siar's tentacle-heads looks pretty draconic too. (more like Pip actually)

Anker Steadfast

Well .. how many types of tentacle heads have we seen so far ?

Dan  & Destania - Draconic Heads.
Fa'Lina - Bird Brains .. erhh .. Heads.

Gah ... I can't remember any other right now ?

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Scow2

It looks like Dan's tentacle heads would leave a nastier bite than Dee's and have more mass as well... all around a better weapon. So, maybe the clan determines shape, but as also stated, each individual's tentacle-headds are unique to the cubi.