04/23/10 [PF#112] - My Brain Hurts!

Started by Turnsky, April 25, 2010, 02:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

from this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIlKiRPSNGA

although, seeing Jakob with a mustache and handkerchief on his head would be amusing..

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

AmigaDragon

I'm guessing that whatever problem Dorcan has is in his personal "firmware", not the general brain hardware.
BTW, is that dryer lint on him?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Meany

QuoteAye aye, Cap'n!

That made me chuckle. :U By the way, Dorcan looks eight kinds of adorable in this strip. :>

Also, kudos to Josh for being able to go from emo to concerned in under ten seconds.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Meany on April 25, 2010, 02:18:24 PM
That made me chuckle.

Heh.  I actually got out of bed to add that comment, it wasn't in the original version :3

QuoteBy the way, Dorcan looks eight kinds of adorable in this strip. :>

Oh yeah, I was going to upload this if anyone was interested:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/projectfuture/pf112_5-66.png

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Amber Williams

Ren Gaulen

Suwako

Dorcan must be trying to come up with a abundance of excuses now in his head. I imagine that they'd  all be awful, childish or plain silly.  :)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 25, 2010, 03:55:40 PM
*molesternates Dorcan* :U

Have you been violated/molested/raped before?
Jakob: Not as I recall.
Dorcan: Not against my will, no.
Niall: No.
Daryil: All the time!
Jakob: That doesn't count.
Daryil: Oh.
Joshua: Would I tell you if I had?

(source: FA Character Meme)

Quote from: Tytaj on April 25, 2010, 04:23:54 PM
Dorcan must be trying to come up with a abundance of excuses now in his head. I imagine that they'd  all be awful, childish or plain silly.  :)

It's the odd shoes I'm worried about.

Suwako

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 25, 2010, 04:31:53 PM

:erk Are the shoes the main villain in project future? Oh dear, such originality.  :U

:P

Zedd

He would make a good addition to the garden in Uncles shop maybe  :U

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 25, 2010, 03:11:16 AM
I'm guessing that whatever problem Dorcan has is in his personal "firmware", not the general brain hardware.
BTW, is that dryer lint on him?

It looks like it might be snow.  It could always be a chip in his brain going bad, or a bug in the programming.

Tapewolf

Meany

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 25, 2010, 04:31:53 PM

"New from the 1970's Surplus Depot..."

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on April 25, 2010, 05:02:57 PM
It could always be a chip in his brain going bad, or a bug in the programming.

But wouldn't Joshua display similar errors by now? He is of the same classification of android, yes?

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Meany on April 25, 2010, 05:40:38 PM
Quote from: kusanagi-sama on April 25, 2010, 05:02:57 PM
It could always be a chip in his brain going bad, or a bug in the programming.

But wouldn't Joshua display similar errors by now? He is of the same classification of android, yes?

Not necessarily, maybe Dorcan got into something or was zapped and caused a chip to fry.

Though if it was a bug in the programming, maybe Dorcan has a different version than Josh.

Ren Gaulen

You people are forgetting that there is a living, if inorganic, mind inside his head, not just some well-written OS. And the quirks in his behaviour may be related to him having to cope with living in a body completely different body. Maybe it just was harder on him than on Josh - after all, he got basically downgraded from what he was, unlike Josh, who got an improved body compared to his flesh and blood one. Really, I'm just thinking aloud here, so nevermind me~ :>

Meany

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 25, 2010, 07:25:12 PM
You people are forgetting that there is a living, if inorganic, mind inside his head, not just some well-written OS. And the quirks in his behaviour may be related to him having to cope with living in a body completely different body. Maybe it just was harder on him than on Josh - after all, he got basically downgraded from what he was, unlike Josh, who got an improved body compared to his flesh and blood one. Really, I'm just thinking aloud here, so nevermind me~ :>

Ren is right.  We should judge Dorcan's actions from a psychological viewpoint, rather than a technological one.

So lessee; he washed himself in a washing machine, was then inserted into a large dryer, and just now lept from the roof!  Excluding all but the former and later, as those two were his active choices; my diagnosis is Dorcan is experiencing profound suicidal tendencies.  :>

*dives into the bunker*

joshofspam

Looks like Dorcan has some mighty bugging eyes there.

Think it's time to check under the hood. Having the old brain pan act like that might be a major turn off in selling if everyone that gets a body go's loopy.

Wonder if Jacob apologised to Dorcan about throwing him in the drier after he realized something might be wrong with him?

I take it Mac and the other cougars have been having fun "or not" keeping poor Dorcan out of trouble?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

inuhanyo

Josh, given all that he's been through, is not acting loopy.

Dorcan did get some extra equipment.

Or it could be a psychological quirk on Dorcan's part.  Or Daryil messing with his head too much.

If I remember right, Dorcan's body is #3, so it shouldn't be a design flaw.  Manufacturing flaw, maybe.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Meany on April 25, 2010, 07:59:14 PM
So lessee; he washed himself in a washing machine, was then inserted into a large dryer, and just now lept from the roof!  Excluding all but the former and later, as those two were his active choices; my diagnosis is Dorcan is experiencing profound suicidal tendencies.  :>

It's worth noting (and I'm changing the dialogue on the next page slightly to reflect this) that Dorcan's thoughts are mostly shielded.  Jakob can't really see what he's thinking, and it wouldn't be polite to override the shield, although he will if he gets worried enough.
However, Jakob would definitely be able to tell if Dorcan was feeling suicidal.

Quote from: joshofspam on April 25, 2010, 09:59:25 PM

"Crap, they've seen me dressed like this!!"

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 26, 2010, 02:56:06 AM

Quote from: joshofspam on April 25, 2010, 09:59:25 PM

"Crap, they've seen me dressed like this!!"

At least it wasn't a dress!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zedd on April 26, 2010, 03:43:41 AM

I'll be honest, adding a tutu had occurred to me.  And, assuming Ren doesn't object:

22:22:46 tapewolf: http://www.project-future.org/******.***
22:23:44 RenSGaulen: Looking good. :3
22:24:06 RenSGaulen: Although Dorcan's shirt is one of the gayest things ever. XD
22:24:24 tapewolf: It was worse.
22:24:43 tapewolf: #ff00ff
22:24:48 tapewolf: Magic Pink
22:24:53 RenSGaulen: ...
22:25:03 RenSGaulen: The name says it all. XD

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 26, 2010, 03:45:56 AM

I'll be honest, adding a tutu had occurred to me.  And, assuming Ren doesn't object:

22:24:06 RenSGaulen: Although Dorcan's shirt is one of the gayest things ever. XD

And me and him can have a evil ballet if you don't mind Tape

Sofox

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 26, 2010, 03:45:56 AM

That's Magenta.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sofox on April 26, 2010, 10:06:58 AM
That's Magenta.

In graphics systems it's referred to as 'Magic Pink'.  It's usually used as a chroma key to mark transparent regions because it looks so awful.  In games like Ultima 9 the chroma key doesn't work in all cases and you see it anyway, e.g. on the edges of the map screen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chroma_key

Sofox

Ah, I getcha.

Does that mean Dorcan's shirt can turn invisible?

Madmann135

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 25, 2010, 07:25:12 PM

Let us not forget that Joshua got the Optimus Primal version of upgrades.  In turn Joshua is probably more accustomed to switching bodies and therefore adapted rather quickly.
Personally I think Dorcan is testing what his body can and can not do.  Looks like he tried to fly and did not.  
We might need to give him flight tools.  Will a jet-pack or mass-effect system work?

I bet Mac is a bit upset because all the latest intruders are guest or live there.  He hasn't had a chance to go after intruders since episode 025

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sofox on April 26, 2010, 11:22:22 AM
Does that mean Dorcan's shirt can turn invisible?
Heh, not after the lighting effects were applied, no.  Also I chickened out of using that colour because it was too gross, even for this.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Madmann135 on April 26, 2010, 11:28:37 AM
We might need to give him flight tools.  Will a jet-pack or mass-effect system work?

Trebuchet?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Madmann135

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 26, 2010, 08:42:03 PM
Quote from: Madmann135 on April 26, 2010, 11:28:37 AM
We might need to give him flight tools.  Will a jet-pack or mass-effect system work?

Trebuchet?

That would only get him off the ground.  Looks like getting off the ground is the easy part for Dorcan, staying off the ground is the hard part.
Maybe we should go for broke and get him a pilots license.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.