On Fa'Lina's.. er.. 'Assets'.

Started by Les, April 24, 2010, 05:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les

Just a question that's gonna bug me to distraction until I get it out, so.. here goes.

Why?  Just that.  Why is Fa'Lina so unusually.. 'gifted'.. particularly in the forward thoracic region?  I'm not making value judgments or saying it's good or bad or anything, I'm just curious as to what inspired this bit of her character design?   I can kinda-sorta see some things like, "Okay, I'll make the Semi-Phenomenal, Nearly-Cosmicly powered Headmistress a Poodle!  They'll expect that like they expect the Spanish Inquisition.  And she'll be Pink!  Mwahahaha!"   :mowhappy

But, it's implied that Fa'Lina was always intended to be inordinately buxom, just Amber's relative inexperience portraying said body-type may have prevented that from being more obvious at first.  Still, why?  What was the inspiration for going, "Alright, to this one I shall bequeath Huuuuuuuuge.. Tracts of Land."   :mowdizzy
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Amber Williams

Techcubi

Wow, a minute and sixteen seconds. Is that a new record for Amber?

Les

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 24, 2010, 05:38:34 PM
Why not?

Umm, well.. y'see..  it's like.. *squirms uncomfortably*

Honestly?  I rather like Fa'lina's figure.  I like it very much actually.  In other words I am myself quite fond of the Buxom is Better and related tropes.  I am also laden with an uncomfortable degree of guilt over said fondness.

Not only is it shallow of me but I've been told repeatedly how uncomfortable, inconvenient, and even physically painful having large breasts is for women and how the kind of attention they attract is insulting to women at best and creepy at worst;  as such all of the augmentations inspired and reductions discouraged by the idolizing of this trait represents a net drain on the overall quality of life of women that I am in some small part responsible for due to my aesthetic preferences.

In short, this is basically me crawling in and begging pitifully for validation.   :cry

I'm such a schmuck.

VAE

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Les

Quote from: danman on April 24, 2010, 06:01:07 PM
Self deprecate much?

Yes, much too much, obviously.. otherwise I wouldn't be having a crisis of conscience over my finding alphabetically ascending cup-sizes appealing.   :U

Keleth

It's called "Liking Boobs"

Same as anything else. They're likeable.

:3
Help! I'm gay!

VAE

Quote from: Les on April 24, 2010, 06:11:23 PM
Self deprecate much?

Yes, much too much, obviously.. otherwise I wouldn't be having a crisis of conscience over my finding alphabetically ascending cup-sizes appealing.   :U

Hmm , if having a crisis of conscience lets make it about boobs at least :D
Myself is more interested in larger amplitudes in lower anatomical regions, but  the alphabetical progression does not leave me cool either.
It is the call of nature! Like being a cubi , really - Don't fight it, embrace it!
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

TheZombie

Her boobs are symbols of authority.  They are authoritative boobs.  Someone walks into a room and it's like, who is in charge here?  Well the woman with the authority boobs naturally.

Shachza

Quote from: Les on April 24, 2010, 06:11:23 PM
Self deprecate much?

Yes, much too much, obviously.. otherwise I wouldn't be having a crisis of conscience over my finding alphabetically ascending cup-sizes appealing.   :U

Don't feel bad simply because you like large...  uhh...  anteriors.  If you can appreciate other aspects at the same time, especially psychological and mental aspects, then there should be no problem.  The only problem people are those who succumb to their own physiological reactions to another's anatomy to the exclusion of everything else about themselves and the target of their desire.

Short version:  You shouldn't be worried because it seems like you don't see females as simply an attractive piece of meat.
            <-- #1 that is!

Sunblink

Quote from: Shachza on April 24, 2010, 06:33:18 PM
Don't feel bad simply because you like large...  uhh...  anteriors.  If you can appreciate other aspects at the same time, especially psychological and mental aspects, then there should be no problem.  The only problem people are those who succumb to their own physiological reactions to another's anatomy to the exclusion of everything else about themselves and the target of their desire.

Short version:  You shouldn't be worried because it seems like you don't see females as simply an attractive piece of meat.

This. I was trying to say something to this effect in a prototype post but it wasn't nearly as good as this comment.

And it's now coming from a woman so now you don't need to be worried. :U Just remember that my face is up here. It talks while these do not.

I think we've all learned a valuable lesson. GROUP HUG TIME!

Les

Well, I do feel a little better now about being a boobaphile.   :P   And I must admit that, "Holy Crap, Boobs!" is but one delicious muffin on the "Holy Crap, She's Gorgeous!  Holy Crap, she's Cunning!  Holy Crap, she's 'D'aaaaaw'.   Holy Crap, she's 'Aww, Woobie.  Holy Crap, she's AWESOME!"  Fa'Lina Combo-Plate.

And yay, HUGS!   :hug

Amber Williams

Some peeps like big boobs and they cannot lie. You other brothers can't deny. :U

But nah. Fa'Lina is a fictional character, she doesn't really need to worry as much about the laws of gravity and her spine is properly reinforced with magical plot-anium.  I fully realize that in reality such a cleavage would be uncomfortable and downright unpleasant...and I would be a bit blah if people were wanting such ideals in real life.

But it's a fantasy comic about wiggidy waggidy critters and so having a character who's larger than life in more ways than one is a fun angle I like.

VAE

I dunno - i have seen people at least as equipped as her.
Though i suspect the Eastern Slovakia Ironworks have expanded to produce brassieres
Saphroneth

Mao

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on April 24, 2010, 06:36:33 PM
This. I was trying to say something to this effect in a prototype post but it wasn't nearly as good as this comment.

And it's now coming from a woman so now you don't need to be worried. :U Just remember that my face is up here. It talks while these do not.

I think we've all learned a valuable lesson. GROUP HUG TIME!

Are you sure?  When I met you at AC last year I could have swore that's where the voice was coming from...  Hugs? :>

Scow2

She's allowed to have such cleavage because she's plenty old enough for them, and has the mature figure to support them... She appears middle-aged, and most mid- to large-framed middle-aged women I'm very familiar with (One in my immediate family, three in my extended, and about a dozen close family friends) have comparable bust sizes... I don't find Fa'lina as attractive as most people here because her frame's the same as my Mom's...

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I have to say I admire Fa'Lina and her "assets".....  :mowwink

She's very curvaceous and buxom, not unlike myself; so seeing her be a very powerful individual (rather than just "eye candy", not that she's not a pleasant sight to see of course.....  :3) is inspiring to me!  :mowhappy

Bjalf

Quote from: TheZombie on April 24, 2010, 06:27:14 PM
Her boobs are symbols of authority.  They are authoritative boobs.  Someone walks into a room and it's like, who is in charge here?  Well the woman with the authority boobs naturally.

They do tend to dominate the room. And you don't mess with anything that's bigger than you.

"Behave, or else! These boys know where you sleep!"
wobblewibblewobble
"Eek! I'll be good!"

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 24, 2010, 06:45:59 PM
Some peeps like big boobs and they cannot lie. You other brothers can't deny. :U

But nah. Fa'Lina is a fictional character, she doesn't really need to worry as much about the laws of gravity and her spine is properly reinforced with magical plot-anium.  I fully realize that in reality such a cleavage would be uncomfortable and downright unpleasant...and I would be a bit blah if people were wanting such ideals in real life.

But it's a fantasy comic about wiggidy waggidy critters and so having a character who's larger than life in more ways than one is a fun angle I like.

y'know, you could argue that all Cubi have naturally stronger back muscles and spine if you wanna go the more 'naturalist' pathway.. i mean, Furrae is your little ball o' rock, Earth's reality laws need not apply.. in other words:
"I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Les

Quote from: Turnsky on April 25, 2010, 05:48:16 AM

y'know, you could argue that all Cubi have naturally stronger back muscles and spine if you wanna go the more 'naturalist' pathway.. i mean, Furrae is your little ball o' rock, Earth's reality laws need not apply.. in other words:

And to support those wings, which no doubt make wonderful 'counterweights'.   >:3

psilorder

Quote from: Scow2 on April 24, 2010, 08:19:21 PM
She's allowed to have such cleavage because she's plenty old enough for them, and has the mature figure to support them... She appears middle-aged,

Yeah, i always figured it was part of her "matron character", as in she has a "matronly busom".

Sofox

Furrae is your little ball o' rock, Earth's reality laws need not apply.. in other words:

That's been Amber's approach through pretty much the entire comic.

VAE

Furrae is your little ball o' rock, Earth's reality laws need not apply.. in other words:

...Why is reality
not what it used to be
Who are the demon's sons
where are the chosen ones....

(with thanks to Tapewolf, it is one of his best songs)
Saphroneth

Anker Steadfast

I personally like a good rack myself, nothing wrong in that.
And I think that Fa'Lina is a fine example of form and figure.
As long as the rest of the body match well with the bust, it's all good.

Also, I hear that some artists thinks that boobs are fun to draw. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Lego3400

She's also a Cubi and can change their size if they ever start giveing her back problems. Which reminds, I read somewhere Dolly Parton has back problems due this.

Pvblivs

Given the facial expression in panel 2 of this installment, I'd be inclined to call them liabilities.

Suwako

Quote from: Pvblivs on April 25, 2010, 04:30:17 PM
Given the facial expression in panel 2 of this installment, I'd be inclined to call them liabilities.

But on the next page however.. Really imagining Fa'lina with a b-cup chest just doesn't fit in my mind. Perhaps Amber has corrupted the forum more than we are willing to admit, brainwashing us into her mindless slave army.

But I don't mind, as a generic guy I appreciate a full buxom. Don't you hate it when people say something that was said before but apply it to themselves? Well, I am actually a bit worse than that since like Les I do like 'larger' girls on women. Oh well, question has been answered, I'll give this topic a rest, seems like the intelligent thing to do.

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Les on April 24, 2010, 06:41:51 PM
Well, I do feel a little better now about being a boobaphile.   :P   And I must admit that, "Holy Crap, Boobs!" is but one delicious muffin on the "Holy Crap, She's Gorgeous!  Holy Crap, she's Cunning!  Holy Crap, she's 'D'aaaaaw'.   Holy Crap, she's 'Aww, Woobie.  Holy Crap, she's AWESOME!"  Fa'Lina Combo-Plate.

And yay, HUGS!   :hug

Nothing wrong with loving the busty girls, just as long as you appreciate the girl for who she is and respect her feelings.  Biggest thing about this is somehow that  big boobs = automatic sore back or the stupid comment "I hope her spine is strong enough".  Not every women will get a sore back from her breasts, even girls with small boobs have a sore back.  Its all about posture, proper bra size (they say 70-80% of women wear the wrong bra size) and a bit of proper exercise.  (When I like something, I tend to study it more)

Then there's the people at work that constantly comment about how they think D's are huge, like there's nothing bigger.  Or if I show them someone like Cheron (who's a 32MM), and say that she needs a reduction or why doesn't she get a reduction because they're too big, and that comment will sometimes come from people who claim they like big boobs.

Oh, and one guy at work thinks anything over a D means she has implants.  I made a comment about a J cup once, and he said to the effect "Oh, those must be like carrying two 5 gallon buckets on your chest."  I was like O.o.  Anyway, enough of my ranting.

Jigsaw Forte

... Given the two characters I think of when someone mentions large boobs, mebbe it's because she's pink?

Or at least Pink --> Barbie --> Unrealistic Proportions --> Large 'Wingspans'...

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on April 25, 2010, 05:38:14 PMBiggest thing about this is somehow that  big boobs = automatic sore back or the stupid comment "I hope her spine is strong enough".  Not every women will get a sore back from her breasts, even girls with small boobs have a sore back.  Its all about posture, proper bra size (they say 70-80% of women wear the wrong bra size) and a bit of proper exercise.  (When I like something, I tend to study it more)

This is mostly true, but there's still no denying that they put additional strain on the body.
Offcourse, so does a beer belly, and lots of people have those as well.

:D

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on April 25, 2010, 05:38:14 PMOr if I show them someone like Cheron (who's a 32MM), and say that she needs a reduction or why doesn't she get a reduction because they're too big

*googles*

:erk

Oh .. my ... she's a healthy girl isn't she just ? :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.