04/16/10 [DMFA#1105] - Bit of advice

Started by Caswin, April 15, 2010, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caswin

Here's to thinking like a child.

...all the better to defeat them.

Understand them.

All the better to understand them.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Jairus

Methinks the lady doth still have something for Master Daniel.

Well, she seems to be taking this well. Maybe she really has mellowed out. Or she seriously has no idea what just went on (or rather, didn't go on), but that doesn't feel like Kria. Eh, I'm tired, and it's been a long day.

EDIT: Oh darn, Ninja'ed. Boxy? Can you fix this?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Pvblivs

Quote from: Jairus on April 15, 2010, 08:06:04 PM
Methinks the lady doth still have something for Master Daniel.

Well, she seems to be taking this well. Maybe she really has mellowed out. Or she seriously has no idea what just went on (or rather, didn't go on), but that doesn't feel like Kria. Eh, I'm tired, and it's been a long day.

EDIT: Oh darn, Ninja'ed. Boxy? Can you fix this?

She has revealed that she knows her daughter fibbed when she said he was her boyfriend.

Tangent

It's cool that Kria is smart enough to figure out her daughter lied to her.

Though I must admit, I was expecting it to play out differently, with Kria being shocked at first to learn through Daniel about the lie and then proud of her little girl pulling a fast one on her mom. =^-^=

"You lied to me! You even made me turn against my own brother! I'm so very proud of you, girl!"

Edit: Amber? I love love love those tiny little fangs on Kria! *glomps the demon-mare* =^-^=
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

Prof B Hunnydew

Kria just went along with the Lie to able to Kick DP out of her house.  Kria, me thinks, is getting tried of Dark Pegasus.  But Kria has her own problems with Lorenda... Developing problems.   :doommuffin

But what is happening Thursday?

:erk PBH

joshofspam

So I guess Kria saw her daughter's lie for what it was.

To protect one of her close friends, just like her and Abel's family.

Though one wonders if she figured this out right after the lie was made and just played her part to split Dan and dark Pegasus up or did she figure out what was really happening?

We underestimated the sneakiness of Kria I think. :boogie

I feel way better for some reason. :mowhappy
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Lucheek

Wow... Kria's hair looks really good in this one.

I wonder if this is implying that Kria knows Dan isn't Lorenda's real boyfriend. Maybe the old "tell-your-mom-your-friend-is-your-boyfriend-so-your-uncle-doesn't-kill-them" trick is as common as the vegetable-shuffle in Demon culture.

Shachza

Oh man.  KRIA I LOVE YOU!

Erm...  :paranoid  I really gotta' stop thinking out loud.

So Kria knows.  The only question is: what is she going to do about it?

P.S.  I love the smexy "I'm plotting something for you" look in panel two.  She doesn't look evil either, so it can't be overly harmful.
P.P.S.  Smexy = Sexy + Melty  (if you didn't already know)
            <-- #1 that is!

Arcblade

Thursday, in-comic time.  What day is it today in-comic time?  

Those are some very pointy teeth you have there, Kria.  

Here's hoping we get some answers.  Specifically, I'd like to know how Dark Pegasus knows/knows of Destania  and Cyra.

Also: Dan's new nickname: sugarbuns.  Snerk.  Bahahaha.  

Madd the Sane

Maybe Destania was sent to kill DP for whatever reason and didn't succeed :batman
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Shachza

Quote from: Arcblade on April 15, 2010, 09:10:41 PM

Those are some very pointy teeth you have there, Kria.  

Here's hoping we get some answers.  Specifically, I'd like to know how Dark Pegasus knows/knows of Destania  and Cyra.

Also: Dan's new nickname: sugarbuns.  Snerk.  Bahahaha.  

Crazy theory time!  Maybe DP is planning on showing up at the Inn in order to have a "family" meal with Dan and Lorenda to get to know his "former" nemesis better.  He hasn't told anyone else about this of course, but Kria has somehow found out.  (Maybe Regina let slip)  This is her hint to Dan that DP's gonna' pop in on Thursday!

/tinfoil hat

P.S.  This is your PSA for the day; the current Random Gratuitous Depantsu warning level has been elevated to Orange.  
            <-- #1 that is!

Rambon

Okay I don't know about any of you... but god did that trick never work for me. Did anyone in this forum actually pull that off and getaway with it?

liari

:erk  That...was interesting.  Kria is a smart cookie....and I'm not sure where this is going anymore.  But!  I definitely want to see.

Ganurath

I can't help but find it funny that Kria is trying to paint the image that she knows what's going on, but at the same time she's making assumption's about Dan. Specifically, that Lorenda told him about the lie.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Jasonrevall

My question is will she return his hat or not? Also I love her hair in this.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Ganurath on April 15, 2010, 10:29:41 PM
I can't help but find it funny that Kria is trying to paint the image that she knows what's going on, but at the same time she's making assumption's about Dan. Specifically, that Lorenda told him about the lie.

That's pretty much what I took it as; Kria knows Lorenda lied to her. What she doesn't know for sure is why Dan is still seemingly clueless about the whole thing....I predict Dan having a total wtf? moment in the near future.

Also...Smexy demon mare is Smexy..Rawr!
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

PencilinHand

Quote from: Lucheek on April 15, 2010, 08:44:24 PM
Wow... Kria's hair looks really good in this one.

I wonder if this is implying that Kria knows Dan isn't Lorenda's real boyfriend. Maybe the old "tell-your-mom-your-friend-is-your-boyfriend-so-your-uncle-doesn't-kill-them" trick is as common as the vegetable-shuffle in Demon culture.

Quote from: Jasonrevall on April 15, 2010, 10:32:24 PM
My question is will she return his hat or not? Also I love her hair in this.

I thought the same thing about her hair looking awesome.

Also, what pointy teeth and shrouded conversations we have.  Awesome!

As an aside, is Amber's landscape drawing getting better?

Psychedelic Mushroom

I dunno why, but everytime Kria pops up into a comic I can't help but imagine her with the sarcastic tones of Reba Mcentire.  c: Is that just me or has anyone else imaged her with Reba's voice?  :)

Trazz

Quote from: Arcblade on April 15, 2010, 09:10:41 PM

If Amber decides to make things simple for us, today in-comic time just might be Wednesday! Of course, nothing is ever simple, so today in-comic time might be February 32...  :mowdizzy

Drayco84

No, because she never struck me as the type with a southern accent...

That, and I read so fast that I don't have time to imagine what a character's voice sounds like.

Maark30

Of course there are three flaws in the idea that Kria will do anything to hurt Dan.  
1) Her daughter wont let her hurt Dan.  He might not be her boyfriend, but he is a dear friend.  
2)Abel.  She is probably still protective of Abel since she seemed to really care about him and his mother May.  
3)Jyras' Mom.  She respects (fears???) that kangaroo too much to do anything that would offend her.  
I think she was glad to see DP fail that last time.  She only helped him out of a promise she made.  Once the deal was over she could wash her hands of it and relax.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Anker Steadfast

Well, Kria might have figured Lorenda out, but has Dan found out he's supposedly her boyfriend ?  :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Drayco84

*Shake-a, shake-a. shake-a...*

My 8 ball says "No"... And I don't think anyone's going to tell him, either...

*Shake-a, shake-a. shake-a...*

Huh... The 8 ball just turned purple and orange and there's a picture of a mow on the dice inside...

inuhanyo

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 15, 2010, 11:50:58 PM
Well, Kria might have figured Lorenda out, but has Dan found out he's supposedly her boyfriend ?  :D

Given Dan's responses, I think he's still clueless about this.

And apparently he has another date Thursday.  He just doesn't know it yet.

Toric

............Great. Now I'll never read Kria's lines without hearing Reba's voice. Thanks a lot, not-yet-acquired-his-doctorate Fate.

...Actually, it's not that bad. :3

Relevance! This situation actually turned out much, much better than I thought. Kria obviously doesn't hold any personal ill will for Dan, though we'll find out whether she's going to do something with him for unwittingly taking part in the LorenDan pairing ruse or she's just going to just politely talk things out with her daughter. (Read: Most likely the former)
Yap by Silver.

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Professor Fate on April 15, 2010, 11:05:08 PM
I dunno why, but everytime Kria pops up into a comic I can't help but imagine her with the sarcastic tones of Reba Mcentire.  c: Is that just me or has anyone else imaged her with Reba's voice?  :)

I always think of her voice being more along the lines of Marina Sirtis (a.k.a. Demona from Gargoyles ). More sarcasm, less drawl.  :mwaha
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

ooklah

<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Icalasari

Well, now I am forced to read it with her having Reba's voice

It doesn't fit her very well, but the laugh track that accompanies it more than makes up for that :3
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shachza on April 15, 2010, 09:25:40 PM
Crazy theory time!  Maybe DP is planning on showing up at the Inn in order to have a "family" meal with Dan and Lorenda to get to know his "former" nemesis better.  He hasn't told anyone else about this of course, but Kria has somehow found out.  (Maybe Regina let slip)  This is her hint to Dan that DP's gonna' pop in on Thursday!

An interesting idea.

What I'm taking away from this strip is that it's still inconclusive as to whether Dan knows that he's Lorenda's boyfriend.  What he's saying in the first strip might either mean he doesn't know, or that he's being very general about the whole thing.
The last one could either be facetiousness or a complete lack of clue as to what she meant.  In his place, I would try to correct this by saying that I had no idea what she had just said.

What intrigues me is that if Kria is going along with it to annoy DP, which is almost certainly the case, why did she drop hints in the Zinvth broadcast?  Or was that for verisimilitude?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Titanium Dragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 16, 2010, 03:08:34 AMWhat intrigues me is that if Kria is going along with it to annoy DP, which is almost certainly the case, why did she drop hints in the Zinvth broadcast?  Or was that for verisimilitude?

That's easy. She wants to embarrass her daughter. I suspect "Thursday" is her inviting Lorenda and her "boyfriend" over to torture Lorenda that much more. After all, she may love her, but that doesn't mean she can't drive her crazy :P