Deathtrap Dungeon; Freedom is Slavery! (OOC; Closed)

Started by Mechanisto, March 20, 2010, 03:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do we want to do OOC comments?

let's use OOC brackets; it's more precise!
2 (25%)
Let's pick a color to use for all OOC text; it's less cumbersome!
5 (62.5%)
I have a better idea... see my post in the OOC thread.
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 7

WhiteFox

This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

VAE

Quote from: WhiteFox on June 03, 2010, 06:24:09 PM
Quote from: danman on June 03, 2010, 03:52:42 PM
Schaeffer is taken? ACK!

Extra big and glowey eyes. Neth is totally Schaefer.

But Neth does not need a seat of power!
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Chairtastic

And Glup does? :U  Personally, he strikes me as a Lothar...maybe a Morth.

VAE

Quote from: Meany on June 03, 2010, 06:42:59 PM
And Glup does? :U  Personally, he strikes me as a Lothar...maybe a Morth.
Hmm, you might be onto something... he doesn't have a chicken fetish either.
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

WhiteFox

Quote from: danman on June 03, 2010, 06:40:38 PM
But Neth does not need a seat of power!
Quote from: danman on June 03, 2010, 06:46:20 PM
Hmm, you might be onto something... he doesn't have a chicken fetish either.

You don't know that. :shifty
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Chairtastic

Actually we do.  :3  Thank you, Tech for teaching me how to do that screenshot thing.

VAE

Just a pencil doodle for what i promised Tipod yesterday - Kittrick meeting Mnogo.
I hope neither of you will take offense at my portrayal of your characters.  :3

Ugh! that thing is made of dirt!
Saphroneth

Tipod

Quote from: danman on June 04, 2010, 08:54:31 AM
Just a pencil doodle for what i promised Tipod yesterday - Kittrick meeting Mnogo.
I hope neither of you will take offense at my portrayal of your characters.  :3

Ugh! that thing is made of dirt!

Hahaha, yesssss.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Drayco84

Alright everyone, after making a backstory that didn't fit the RP at all, waiting to see how the RP would turn out, and some procrastination, I've whipped one up and gotten GM approval for a real backstory. I've updated Zyrais's bio and the original post can be found here. Heck, since this is a "dark" RP, the rap sheet didn't even fit...

The idea has only been bouncing around in my head for a while, and I may probably will extrapolate further with a brief lesson on angel culture written by Zyrais. (AFTER GM approval.)

EDIT: Oh yeah, I almost forgot...
QuoteCalling forth enough of his magical powers that anyone with the slightest bit of talent could sense, Zyrais spread his wings as he knelt to the ground with both palms toughing the floor, calling forth Barrier of Light, a series of walls made of flame-like light that sprang up between the most openly aggressive groups. Straining not from the drain on his magic, but from the amount that his coat was limiting him to, the flames quickly died out but they had served their purpose in getting everyone in the room to spontaneously shut up.
Just reminding everyone that the barrier didn't actually have any "staying power" and dissipated before he even began speaking. Nobody is currently trapped, nor does Zyrais have the power to trap everyone "en masse". He might be able to do so with a small group at best, but that would be up to the GM.

VAE

Saphroneth

Drayco84

That reminds me, Mechanisto... The players are going to survive long enough to get hired, aren't they? Or is this one of those "You live, you're hired." scenarios?

VAE

Considering Nadhiya has ressurect spells and there is an altar of evilness somewhere there, it is not such a big problem ... although dying often would be frowned upon as wasteful of resources :D
Saphroneth

Drayco84

Yeah, but it looks bad when one dies right before a job interview...

WhiteFox

Quote from: Drayco84 on June 06, 2010, 09:41:17 PM
That reminds me, Mechanisto... The players are going to survive long enough to get hired, aren't they? Or is this one of those "You live, you're hired." scenarios?

One thing I'll say about Mech... he doesn't kill players lightly. At all, ever.

I very much doubt that simply surviving will get a character hired, however.

Drayco84

Quote from: WhiteFox on June 07, 2010, 12:28:22 AM
One thing I'll say about Mech... he doesn't kill players lightly. At all, ever.
I'm so very afraid to ask for more details on that...

WhiteFox

In response to Post #232:
To the GM: I'd like to take 3-4 hours of down time to set up a simple lab, and do some investigation, research, and testing in general. The minions will probably be doing some runaround, and the Codex that carter brought will probably come in handy.

Also: was that banished hyena infected?

Quote from: Drayco84 on June 07, 2010, 01:31:46 AM
I'm so very afraid to ask for more details on that...
I mean it at face value. Mech isn't the sort of GM that likes to torture PCs.

He's more of a "may you live in interesting times" sorta GM. Things tend to get... interesting. He can't toy with you if you're dead.

On another note, I suspect our guards are a tad more capable then we think we are. They may not be able to prevent trouble, but they sure can stop it.

Mechanisto

Quote from: WhiteFox on June 07, 2010, 07:19:19 PM
In response to Post #232:
To the GM: I'd like to take 3-4 hours of down time to set up a simple lab, and do some investigation, research, and testing in general. The minions will probably be doing some runaround, and the Codex that carter brought will probably come in handy.

Also: was that banished hyena infected?

You may indeed. I shall make mention of it in IC, and will assume that if you don't post for a bit, Nethalzar is merely doing labwork.

As far as the Hyena goes, you have no way of knowing. You never analyzed him before, and hes' certainly gone now.

Quote from: WhiteFox on June 07, 2010, 07:19:19 PM
I mean it at face value. Mech isn't the sort of GM that likes to torture PCs.

He's more of a "may you live in interesting times" sorta GM. Things tend to get... interesting. He can't toy with you if you're dead.

That was one of the reasons I wanted to state very clearly that Nadhiya knows how to revive the dead. I don't want people to be so afraid of dying that they never take any risks that might get them killed.

Also, I'd just like to point out that Nethalzar's death was a pre-existing condition. That exonerates me from accusations of GM abuse.  :3

Drayco84

Quote from: Mechanisto on June 08, 2010, 12:18:01 PM
As far as the Hyena goes, you have no way of knowing. You never analyzed him before, and hes' certainly gone now.

Okay, but assuming he was infected, are there any undead in the portal room and how long until they start showing symptoms?

I'd also ask if the disease can jump to living hosts, but I not only get the feeling that you won't reveal that until it already has, but that everyone will find out IC all-too-quickly.

Quote from: Mechanisto on June 08, 2010, 12:18:01 PM
Also, I'd just like to point out that Nethalzar's death was a pre-existing condition. That exonerates me from accusations of GM abuse.  :3
I call shen-I mean, abuse of an undead corpse! Abuse of an undead corpse!

techmaster-glitch

Just letting it be known; I'll have a post up tomorrow morning. Right now, I'm hoping to give Liatai a chance to respond before putting it up.
   Jes' sayin' so the plot doesn't move on without me :animesweat

Liatai

And I'm waiting on a reply from Mech about a question I had before I post. :animesweat

Mechanisto! I'm sorry to bother you in the OOC thread, but could you please answer my PM? I don't want to post without an answer, but I will (and then correct it later) if I have to. Thanks.

Lisky

Figure now would be a good time to say it... i'll be disappearing for the next 2 weeks, starting this upcoming friday.

First i have a cousin's wedding in KittyHawk to attend, and then staying a few days at the beach with the fam.  After that, i rush home, do laundry, do some last minute running around, and head off to AnthroCon... soo ya.. i'll have a laptop with me, and, as long as i've got an internet connection, i'll check in from time to time... but for the most part, i'll be disappearing... Hope to get posts done in everything that is owed first, but if not, i'll do my best in the evenings.

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Liatai on June 09, 2010, 07:12:44 PM
And I'm waiting on a reply from Mech about a question I had before I post. :animesweat

Mechanisto! I'm sorry to bother you in the OOC thread, but could you please answer my PM? I don't want to post without an answer, but I will (and then correct it later) if I have to. Thanks.
Hmm, I think I can help with that... *does secret voodoo and attempts communing with a powerful spirit*
;)

Drayco84

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 09, 2010, 07:26:07 PM
Hmm, I think I can help with that... *does secret voodoo and attempts communing with a powerful spirit*
;)
*Barges into the room with a fully loaded and primed RapidFire 20, and unleashes a barrage of Nerf darts at Mech's head.*

techmaster-glitch

Dangit, mechanisto! You weren't supposed to post in the thread, you were supposed to answer Liatai's PM so she could post, so I could post! I had something planed! :dface That's why I said earlier "I'll post in the morning, don't move the plot ahead without me" :C

Liatai

I think your secret voodoo worked too well. xD

That said, he did answer my question, so I'm working on my post right now.

Mechanisto

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 09, 2010, 11:21:38 PM
Dangit, mechanisto! You weren't supposed to post in the thread, you were supposed to answer Liatai's PM so she could post, so I could post! I had something planed! :dface That's why I said earlier "I'll post in the morning, don't move the plot ahead without me" :C

I'm very sorry to have inconvenienced people with something as inconsequential as the main plot. truly :c

Heh. Erm... ahem.

In all seriousness, Litai: I suspect this post will not interfere with Kittrick's intended post. If it does, PM me up and we'll work something out.

Mechanisto

Hokay... this is starting to creep me out a little.

WhiteFox

My goodness. Do you see how sorry he is in that screen capture? You made the GM cry. You monster.

Drayco84

How 'bout now?

But yeesh, mention "Nerf" and "darts" in the same sentence and the plot moves along... WhiteFox, is Mech your personal psychology experiment or something?

EDIT: I'll post something tomorrow. Hopefully my mind will have time to think about this turn of events and will have a plan thought up. Plus, it reduces the odds of random grammatical errors and (hopefully) won't read like somebody posted when they were drunk...

WhiteFox

Quote from: Drayco84 on June 10, 2010, 12:03:05 AM
WhiteFox, is Mech your personal psychology experiment or something?
Yea- no. Maybe. I dunno, it's kinda hard to tell at this stage.

Quote from: danman on June 10, 2010, 12:37:33 AM
Glup began following Nadhiya, Nethalzar and the rest...

FYI: Neth isn't with Nadihya right now. He's in a room somewhere setting up a chop shop.

I mean... a laboratory. Yeah.