Deathtrap Dungeon; Freedom is Slavery! (OOC; Closed)

Started by Mechanisto, March 20, 2010, 03:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do we want to do OOC comments?

let's use OOC brackets; it's more precise!
2 (25%)
Let's pick a color to use for all OOC text; it's less cumbersome!
5 (62.5%)
I have a better idea... see my post in the OOC thread.
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Drayco84

Crap... This is what happens when you leave familiars sitting on the backs of other characters...

It's one am and I'm-Zzzzzzzzzz-COOL TO POST! Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

EDIT: Uhm, Liatai? Kittrick never actually described the possible accomplice to the other gryphon.

EDIT 2: Erm... Or maybe she did... Ugh... Brain, acknowledge details, please!

Liatai

Whoops! This is what happens when you write after midnight. xD I was going on the assumption that she described the lady as part of her tale about the encounter... I'll go back and edit to make that clearer.

*edit* There, done... Drayco, get some sleep. The thread will still be there in the morning. :P

VAE

A minor sideway mention & request after an argument with TMG:
Which of you would appreciate me using italics for Glup's thoughts instead of ::blah:: say Aye!
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Mechanisto

Aye!

...but don't weight my vote any differently than anyone else's. It's just my preference; not a GM edict.

Chairtastic

Actually, I like you :: double colon thinking thing:: .  It's a novelty, in my experience, and that makes it easier to tell apart from placing simple emphasis.  :P

techmaster-glitch

While a novelty, it does break the text flow and make it hard to read. Italics is a standard accepted convention for thoughts, and usually not hard to tell apart from emphasis.

Mechanisto

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 10, 2010, 03:51:16 PM
While a novelty, it does break the text flow and make it hard to read. Italics is a standard accepted convention for thoughts, and usually not hard to tell apart from emphasis.

That's pretty much my thinking; psychic messages are simply thoughts that someone else can detect. As long as you structure your narrative properly, there shouldn't be any need to differentiate.

techmaster-glitch

I was actually referrring to internal thoughts, though those can indeed be "picked up" by psychics, and for actual mental messages...those can also be handled with italics, or in the case of Animorphs, chevrons. But unless I'm mistaken, I think we're just keeping with itallics for all thoughts for now...

Drayco84

Chevron 6 encoded... Chevron 7 locked!
Ugh... A dozen curses upon my dad's obsession with Stargate...

Anyway, for actual mental messages, I've just been using italics with quotes. It seems like it working, nobody's complained yet... (Hey, complain now or hold your peace.) I also vote for italics, btw.

And why the frig does everyone have to wait until I'm catching up on my Anime before they start posting up a storm?! Yeez... Click on the refresh button all day, but almost the minute I start trying to catch up on the backlog and VROOOOM! Thread takes off! Soon, I'll be trying to take Magnificent Bastard lessons from Megabyte. (And after that is Xanatos. Just a heads up!)

Drayco84

JUST TO CLARIFY THINGS!

Yes, Dee IS stuck in Mnogo.
Oh, and she's obviously peed off about that fact.
So, approach her at your own risk and for heaven's sake, avoid that tail!

That is all.

Liatai

I feel like I should apologize somehow for this, but... bwahaha. I couldn't resist the collision.  :mwaha

Drayco84

Quote from: Liatai on June 10, 2010, 10:09:41 PM
I feel like I should apologize somehow for this, but... bwahaha. I couldn't resist the collision.  :mwaha
Well, if you post again tonight, make sure you let Dee climb back up onto Kittrick, otherwise you'll have an angry, mud-plastered pseudodragon to worry about coming after you.

Ironically, that's better than having a regular, angry pseudodragon after you, as Dee can't fly in that state.

WhiteFox

I've been using italics for thoughts, and italics in quotes for telepathic communication.

I thought the double-colon was when he was speaking in a different language or something.

..."Double-colon" sounds like some kind of medical condition.  :B

Quote from: Liatai on June 10, 2010, 10:09:41 PM
Normally, I'd be a curmudgeonly fart and grumble about you damn kids goofing off.

But that was just hilarious.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Drayco84

techmaster-glitch

Drayco84

Oh! Then in that case...

*Pokes Mechanisto with a barrage of Nerf Darts.*

BTW, I'm gonna need those back. They ain't cheap, ya know.

techmaster-glitch

♫ "~Where, oh where has our Geee-M gone? Oh where, oh where can he beee?~" ♫

Mechanisto

Blargh. I have been a poor GM as of late, and my attentions have been consumed elsewhere as of late. I shall be returning to the RP in full force as of oh-now-hundred hours.

keep in mind I don't generally post super-frequently; once a day is the most people should expect from me. Of course if anyone needs me to make a couple quick responses, simply PM me and I shall oblige.

Drayco84

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 09, 2010, 06:45:11 PM
My word... An Underdog reference... I feel old now...

And I'll stop this when it stops being funny or uncanny...

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Drayco84 on July 09, 2010, 08:44:30 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 09, 2010, 06:45:11 PM
My word... An Underdog reference... I feel old now...
What's "underdog"? :B  ("where oh where has my little dog gone" was some children's rhyme, as far as I know)

Drayco84

*Returns from Google.*
Huh... Whaddya know... It IS a childrens' rhyme... Seems like the first and only time I've heard it, was parodied in the Underdog cartoons...

Drayco84

techmaster-glitch

Liatai

I hope it's just sleeping. Does anyone have an extra-loud alarm clock?

Maybe one that shoots Nerf darts? ;)

Drayco84

Quick, get me a camera, and my Longstrike... (Longstrike on bottom of pic.)

EDIT: Freaking spelling errors...

VAE

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Kafzeil

I just figured I should let Mighty post before I do.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

WhiteFox

I'm pretty sure the holdup is on my end, rather then Mechanistos. Nethalzar has a presentation to make. I've spent way too much time thinking over the information so far, making deductions where I can, asking Mech questions (Since Neth is doing labwork and all), and writing/revising/rewriting my post.

Plus, I had some RL things that have been A) taking up my time or B) throwing me for  a loop.

I'll do my best to manage some expedited postage.

...I need to find a Recon CS-6. I want a (so called) laser sight.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Drayco84

The "laser" sight and the clip are arguably the better parts of the gun. Unmodified, the darts jam 50% of the time because the "safety" moves down while the dart is shoved into it. I tried removing said piece, but then you had to shove the darts into place by hand all the time. Then again, I got mine before the recall/fix due to the "Armed" bar sliding out of the back and supposedly injuring people. So, the newer ones may not have the jamming problem.
If you want the "laser" sight, you can get it separately with some stock darts. (I think it's marketed as a "Tactical Light".) But it "leaks" light pretty bad. You'd have to open it up and cover the insides with tinfoil or something to keep the light itself from being a beacon that's attached to the blaster.
If you want a really good light though, I'd recommend getting a scope and sticking a real flashlight in it.

Why am I posting this here instead of PMing, you ask? Eh, I just want to make sure this isn't dead.