My Big Move

Started by Akisohida, July 29, 2006, 09:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akisohida

Whelp, today or tomorrow I am finishing moving into my apartment  :help ^.^ The downside is that, while I get my Verizon internet kit on Monday, the internet will not be turned on untill Thursday.  :< This could be this spider-taurs last post untill Thursday, Aug 3rd.  :mowsad
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

bill

No internet's not fun. I've been there.  :(   Good luck!

Lysander

Have fun at the new place, and try not to go through any 'net withdrawls like some do. See ya in a while. :januscat
TytajLucheek

llearch n'n'daCorna

Having just been through all that (moved into new place 3rd july, internet turned on on the 10th, but couldn't access it until the 24th or so due to the new internet not liking my old dsl modem...) you have my sympathies.

And I'll be watching for your return :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Damaris

I didn't realize that your move was in one of Amber's comics...

oh wait.

*moves thread*

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oooo. Subtle. :-)

(In all honesty, it's probably the best way to get your point across, tho :-)

Damaris

I can only hope and pray. ;)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

Well, you know *I'm* paying attention, at least. *grin*

Damaris

But I've known that for weeks now. lol.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Eeek! I'm known to the admins! Run away! Run away! :-)

*hides*

Netami

Yeah, I call conspiracy. What's with the "Nothing, or nothing you can see" portion of the who's online lurker grab-bag?

Damaris

Netami

The "Who's Online" section lets you peep on the actions of others, and it gives bored lurkers something to do while waiting for someone to post. Oftentimes admins will have their actions described as italicized above. It isn't a catch-all, "I'm the admin, you can't see anything I do" thing either, because we can see your normal actions just fine.

So just what does that mean? Admin panel? Or perhaps something more sinister!

bill

That's really cool. Lets me get in touch with my inner NSA employee.

Damaris

Really?  That's what it says?  That rocks.

:mwaha

llearch n'n'daCorna

... which completely avoids the question. :-)

Damaris

Well, I have no idea.  It's not like I can check it :p

llearch n'n'daCorna

Sure you can. All you have to do is create a new account and play with that. :-)

... admittedly that looks a lot like work, so... :-)

Damaris

well, if I log myself out to check it, then I can't really see what I'm doing, now can I?

And I do have a regular user account.  ;)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Firefox + IE? Two machines? There's ways around this... Heck, vmware player and borrow a machine image, or use a linux image...

This is probably too much effort for attempting to watch yourself watching yourself, isn't it? :-)

Damaris

llearch n'n'daCorna

True. I mean, if it was me, I'd be using Firefox and Ephiphany and lynx and links and links2, just to see what happens. I suspect that at least some of those will have trouble with some of the page code...

I could also use three or four different machines, as well.

But that'd be cheating :-)

topher chee

Congrats, your internet should be wrking by today, no?