03/14/10 [DMFA#1095] - Breakup wakeup

Started by ooklah, March 14, 2010, 03:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

I guess it's best to lay off the late snackage Abel :3

jeffh4

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on March 14, 2010, 08:16:05 AM
Oh hello Hennya's head. It's good to see you again.
Har, har!

The clinical term for the part of your subconcious we may be seeing here is the "super-ego."  It beats you up, tells you that you are doing things badly, and actively creates new ways to control you.  I say "may be" because we've already seen how Cubi can intrude and control other's dreams in Furrae, plus we've seen Pip possibly talking in common to Mab. 

zeldagal12

Who was it that posted that they thought it was a dream 'cause they NAILED IT!

Escher

Hmm...

In his dialogue, Dream!Pip's line "I knew something you did" is inverted.

It makes me wonder if Abel's hiding something that happened.
"A witty saying proves nothing."
--François-Marie Arouet, "Le dîner du comte de Boulainvilliers"

Keleth

Help! I'm gay!

Akisohida

I do not think anyone has suggested this:

What if someone snuck up and cast a spell to force Abel asleep, just to do this and send a message?
It could fit because:

1: Abel would not realise he fell asleep (and thus would still wake up surprised at being asleep/dreaming).

2: It would allow someone to force a 'dream' on him that they are controlling to mess with his head and/or send a message.

3: If this is true, they can not be evil (or have a larger plan in mind) because they put him to bed. Alternatively, Alexi came back and saw Abel asleep, face-down, at the counter and tucked him into his bed.

The only downside to this theory is that he is shirtless in that last panel, meaning he probably went to bed himself. Unless someone wanted to see a shirtless Abel after putting him asleep and and messing with his head. *Cough*
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Psychedelic Mushroom

Ack, as soon as I saw a headless Pip I freaked, but when I saw the "Dream" come on it's like "oooh, Pip is okay?" BUT! I have to lean on the idea of either a manipulative Cubi, or on of the Fae. (I dunno why a Fae would be after Abel though.) Or Maybe Abel just needs a break. ALSO. Read Pip's yellow words one after the other.
---------------------------------
Father Son?
Monster
Fear
I knew something you did
Nothing
Dreaming

:U C'mon let it be tomorow already!! I wanna see how this wraps up!!  :smack

Tapewolf

Quote from: Professor Fate on March 14, 2010, 03:04:22 PM

Yeah.  However, I think tomorrow is Abel's Story, so we may have to wait until Friday...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sind

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 14, 2010, 03:10:51 PM

Yeah.  However, I think tomorrow is Abel's Story, so we may have to wait until Friday...

About time. I want to see Abel's Reaction to what Mink said :3

thegayhare

Quote from: nicoreon the tyrannical on March 14, 2010, 05:09:33 AM
I have a strange feeling that this is not the last we have seen of dream Pip.

It's odd but as soon as I saw that I started to wonder if Pip might be Abels Six.

He'll be doing something a nd pip will start whispering to him.  he panics looking around and no one else can see pip... hell there is another pip sitting at the end of the bar

for those who don't know thats a battle star galactica referance

Quote from: Lucheek on March 14, 2010, 11:22:10 AM
Hmm...I wonder what the changing voice means.

maybe its simply to show there is more to pip then we thought...

it puts me in mind of this

http://www.missmab.com/Demo/Cubi04.php

Anker Steadfast

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Bjalf

Well, I don't want this to wrap up!  :poke

psilorder

Quote from: PetFriendAmy on March 14, 2010, 01:03:29 PM
One of the first things I started wondering when I saw this was when exactly Abel fell asleep. Then when I was reading through the previous pages again, I noticed that his bandage disappears from here on... which I realized might be an indication that it was somewhere between here and the previous page that he fell asleep? Either that or Alexsi coming back was part of the dream as well, and his subconscious forgot about the bandage at some point...

Or maybe I'm just reading into it too much. XD At any rate, I'm convinced that his falling asleep was sometime after talking to Wildy, considering the tidbit at the end of that page where Wildy is by herself.

When did he get the injury that caused the bandage anyway?
i flipped back a bit and i didnt see anything besides talking to Wildy and Genesis....

btw,
Quote from: Akisohida on March 14, 2010, 02:46:06 PM
I do not think anyone has suggested this:

What if someone snuck up and cast a spell to force Abel asleep, just to do this and send a message?

heh, someboy just knocked him out and now he's got a brain injury so he can dream again  :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: psilorder on March 14, 2010, 04:36:18 PM
When did he get the injury that caused the bandage anyway?

According to what wasn't said, Genesis clocked him one when he said she wasn't pretty, off-stage.

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1081.php

See? Panel 1.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Psychedelic Mushroom

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 14, 2010, 03:10:51 PM

Oh crud that's right!!!! Darn you Ammmberrrz!!!!  :U

Oh well time to look forward to our squiggly Mink!  :3

Drako

Hard to say who could be causing Abel's dreams, but I have a hunch it's a cubi.  Also, just to add my two cents: keep in mind that the tentacle heads for Cyra clan are draconic.  This probably means nothing, but you never know.

jeffh4

As far as who might be messing with Abel's dreams for what purpose, I don't see exactly what they want to accomplish.  The purpose is to get Abel to do what, exactly?  Reach out to friends? Leave Lost Lake? Weaken his resolve? Enter a brownie contest with Mab?

Whoever did this (assuming it's not just Abel's own Super-ego) already knew a bunch about Abel.  Don't think they learned anything new.

Also, one thing to consider.  Abel has had his mind shields up continuously since shortly after he first arrived at the academy.  I don't think sleeping would cause those shields to fall or weaken.  So who would have the power to break through them?

Tapewolf

Quote from: jeffh4 on March 14, 2010, 05:39:31 PM
Also, one thing to consider.  Abel has had his mind shields up continuously since shortly after he first arrived at the academy.  I don't think sleeping would cause those shields to fall or weaken.  So who would have the power to break through them?

Quite possibly Pyroduck, particularly if we assume that Pip was just an avatar and the real one had little to do with it.  Both he and Destania were in the Twink Territories for a time, and it's reasonably safe to assume that she knew he (Pyro) was there - Fa'Lina may have warned her to leave him alone..?
And of course, Destania would know most of this stuff about Abel and his weaknesses.

Bjalf

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 14, 2010, 05:51:17 PM
Both he and Destania were in the Twink Territories for a time, and it's reasonably safe to assume that she knew he (Pyro) was there - Fa'Lina may have warned her to leave him alone..?

And as a sign to other cubi to leave him alone, Ducky wears a feather from Destania in his braid.

Keklily

Ack, as soon as I saw a headless Pip I freaked, but when I saw the "Dream" come on it's like "oooh, Pip is okay?" BUT! I have to lean on the idea of either a manipulative Cubi, or on of the Fae. (I dunno why a Fae would be after Abel though.) Or Maybe Abel just needs a break. ALSO. Read Pip's yellow words one after the other.
Father Son?
Monster
Fear
I knew something you did
Nothing
Dreaming

My guess to this riddle!
Father                                Aniz
Son                                    Abel
Monster                             Hennya (pink serpent look a like "mythos")
Fear                                   Blood
I knew                               You
Something you did             To me
Nothing                              Is wanted
Dreaming                           Arcane

This gives some more vocals! Hhmmmmm...........

Now we need to find someting that makes sence of this!

Psychedelic Mushroom

Quote from: Keklily on March 14, 2010, 06:18:03 PM
My guess to this riddle!

Hm... Maybe the  Monster refers the cubi shapeshifting? Abel really hates that. *shrug*

Ry

Quote from: Akisohida on March 14, 2010, 10:00:12 AM
Quote from: Feather Dancer on March 14, 2010, 05:01:19 AMOh they can dream they just lose the ability to, presumably a chunk before they lose any reasoning to sleep. Cyra mentioned herself that Dee lost the ability to dream which is why she was so ecstatic about Dan. I suspect Abel's own subconscious roll has meant he himself has not dreamed in a VERY long time. Perhaps since the Dead!Devin incident?

If they lose the ability to dream, how can they dream? That's like saying 'He lost the ability to use his right arm..but can use it.' or 'He lost the ability to talk, but can sing'. or 'He lost the ability to walk, but can run.'

This has to be someone messing with Abel. Is his father back? Dun dun DUUUUNNN!

[Cubi as a group] can dream [individual cubi] just lose the ability to.  It's more like saying "AJ lost the ability to use his right arm... but humans can use their right arms".   

psilorder

Quote from: Bjalf on March 14, 2010, 06:14:26 PM
Both he and Destania were in the Twink Territories for a time, and it's reasonably safe to assume that she knew he (Pyro) was there - Fa'Lina may have warned her to leave him alone..?

And as a sign to other cubi to leave him alone, Ducky wears a feather from Destania in his braid.

Arent Destania and Biggs planing to eradicate the dragon race tho? wouldnt that include Pyroduck? Wasnt it implied somewhere that Alexsi dating Pyroduck would cause a problem because of the plan? as in Destania doesnt know any reason to spare him? (beyond the relationship when she larns of it)

VAE

Quote from: psilorder on March 14, 2010, 08:08:10 PM
Quote from: Bjalf on March 14, 2010, 06:14:26 PM

Arent Destania and Biggs planing to eradicate the dragon race tho? wouldnt that include Pyroduck? Wasnt it implied somewhere that Alexsi dating Pyroduck would cause a problem because of the plan? as in Destania doesnt know any reason to spare him? (beyond the relationship when she larns of it)

Who says he is not a part of the plan by Fa'Lina? It would just be golden to get the dragons purged using one of them in the process...
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Alondro

Wait... huh?  When did this become Abel's dream?  The whole time he was supposedly manning the bar plus all the dates?  I'm confused.   :confused
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: psilorder on March 14, 2010, 08:08:10 PM
Arent Destania and Biggs planing to eradicate the dragon race tho? wouldnt that include Pyroduck?
Yes, but Pyro might not know that.  However, with Destania at the heart of Biggs' empire and exposed to all the intelligence his men will pick up, I find it hard to believe that she was unaware of his presence.

QuoteWasnt it implied somewhere that Alexsi dating Pyroduck would cause a problem because of the plan?
In the subtitle at the bottom of the page.  Also, if Fa'Lina has marked him as protected, she might not be able to kill him without Fa'Lina eating her, but it doesn't mean she'd necessarily want him as an in-law.

Quoteas in Destania doesnt know any reason to spare him? (beyond the relationship when she larns of it)
It's a fairly safe bet that Fa'Lina has now set Abel straight and told him not kill Pyroduck anymore.  Particularly given Destania's propensity for killing dragons, she was presumably warned not to kill Pyroduck either, and probably given a more sensible description.  I can imagine Fa'Lina being less than restrained if Destania did kill him.

Destania's Grand Plan is another matter, though we don't really know it involves killing the dragons - it might simply be some form of banishment or trapping them in the hypothetical Dragon Kingdom.  And of course, Fa'Lina might not know much about it either.

Tangent

Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: Professor Fate on March 14, 2010, 06:35:00 PM
Quote from: Keklily on March 14, 2010, 06:18:03 PM
My guess to this riddle!

Hm... Maybe the  Monster refers the cubi shapeshifting? Abel really hates that. *shrug*

The father/son comment (complemented with Abel's expression) seems to show how Abel detests his father.
The monster comment seems to be referring to the Cubi race. Specifically, the image of the stereotypical "soul-stealing, spine-ripping" Cubi.
The fear is becoming that very image. Abel's father didn't really leave a good impression on Abel about how Cubi act around and treat others.

Something hit me while looking at this particular comic. In the fourth panel, Pip's says: "I knew something you did nothing dreaming."
What if it's said like this? "I knew something. You did nothing dreaming."

Maybe "Pip" is making a comment about how Abel thought he could just alienate himself from others, hoping that would be the end of his suffering. Maybe making a reference to May?
What I really want to know is if this is Pip, as in Mab's companion. Or could this... whoever/whatever be someone or something else?

VAE

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on March 14, 2010, 10:58:03 PM
[
What if it's said "I knew something. You did nothing dreaming."

Maybe "Pip" is making a comment about how Abel thought he could just alienate himself from others, hoping that would be the end of his suffering. Maybe making a reference to May?
What I really want to know is if this is Pip, as in Mab's companion. Or could this... whoever/whatever be someone or something else?

Actually to this, it might be his mind teasing him, that well, he did nothing in all of the decisive moments he encountered - from when he was a kid until lastly when dan was fighting (although not being his fault)
and all the time he is just dreaming that he might actually take action ..... and he is useless incapable etc.

But i think, all in all this is seeing a  little too much into it - the marked emphasis might just be there for speaking effect
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Anri

Or Maybe Abel just needs a break.

Or maybe he needs to be broken before he can be put back together again, like a broken bone that's knit improperly.