03/12/10 [DMFA 1092] - This doesn't look good.

Started by Howl, March 12, 2010, 05:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrycloth

Pip = Mid Boss (he's acting all snarky like mid boss)
Mab = Flonne
Abel = Etna (far more experienced than the lead, but with issues)
Prinnies = Warp Aci (all of which worship Abel)

So then Laharl is... Dan? Nah, I think Laharl is Jyrass. He's the one who's going to rule the world, after all.

Dan is just that one warrior you keep reincarnating to each new tier so they get super-powerful.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I think Pip should just stop talking now, but yet we all know he won't....  >:3

Next he'll probably say: "I've heard your father used to fly into snit-fits as well back in the day...."  :3

Les

Yeeeeesss, Interesssting....   >:3

Abel has a lot of issues, a LOT of issues he's chosen to deal-with by not dealing with them, simply avoiding and deflecting them with his snarky-loner skills.. the BIG issue of Aniz' plan getting back on track though is looming and an Abel who doesn't have his house in order by the time that happens could be very bad things indeed.  ...and what better way to get Abel to face what he's fleeing than to fight Snark with Snark?   :P

MMmmm, what's this I smell?   Could it be.. Character Development?   ;)
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Sind

Ow man, I'm starting to like Pip more for every update o_O

VAE

Quote from: Les on March 12, 2010, 02:10:10 PM
Yeeeeesss, Interesssting....   >:3

Abel has a lot of issues, a LOT of issues he's chosen to deal-with by not dealing with them, simply avoiding and deflecting them with his snarky-loner skills.. the BIG issue of Aniz' plan getting back on track though is looming and an Abel who doesn't have his house in order by the time that happens could be very bad things indeed.  ...and what better way to get Abel to face what he's fleeing than to fight Snark with Snark?   :P

MMmmm, what's this I smell?   Could it be.. Character Development?   ;)

Hmm, but who says Aniz is alive?
Remember when Alexsi spoke to Destania, she referred to Abel as someone she taught to go without others' help... she seemed to remember him without any disdain or contempt, which when you think of her offer could mean that Abel back then actually did the smart thing and with her advice/help ensured Aniz will not do this to anyone anymore, as well as gotten revenge...
Destainia would likely be just contemptful and sour about him if he did nothing,
Also when you think Aaryanna was somewhat more afraid Merlitz meets him than even clans that hate her ... I think that implies that although not as powerful as her, Abel was quite the man in the past...

The whole thing seems to me that Abel has fixed up this particular issue, but since most of his drive came from need of revenge, when he was done, he was left rather apathic and just coasted on trying to forget all while taking less than useful classes ....
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Les

Remember, Destania has had her own bit of Character Development (and Kids!) since she had that conversation with Abel oh so many centuries ago.   :mowtongue
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

iceick

Pip is starting to sound more and more like Aniz with every strip. Speaking of Aniz, I wonder if Abel is staying as clan Siar because he plans to eat his father's soul so he can accend.

Tapewolf

Quote from: iceick on March 12, 2010, 02:34:33 PM
Pip is starting to sound more and more like Aniz with every strip. Speaking of Aniz, I wonder if Abel is staying as clan Siar because he plans to eat his father's soul so he can accend.

I think that particular trick would only work if Aniz had ascended.  If he also ate the entire (non-Fae) cast at Lost Lake I guess he might be able to get enough energy (or not, I don't know) but he doesn't seem that selfish to me.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

jeffh4

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 12, 2010, 02:42:40 PM
Quote from: iceick on March 12, 2010, 02:34:33 PM

I think that particular trick would only work if Aniz had ascended.  If he also ate the entire (non-Fae) cast at Lost Lake I guess he might be able to get enough energy (or not, I don't know) but he doesn't seem that selfish to me.

So you're saying Abel has room for personal growth, then?

Alondro

Abel's clan mark wouldn't have been a problem for him in the past, since he hardly ever left SAIA until Fa'lina forced him to go help Dan.

Also, note that Pip is completely unconcerned with Abel's hostility.  I wonder if Pip got more power than just speech from the Fae!   :U
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Zedd

Sure let's piss off the cookie monster..See what endures  :3

Psychedelic Mushroom

Y'know. I'd still like to know where the heck Abel's bandage went.  :<  It randomly disappeared. >XD Unless he took it off before Alexsi and Pyroduck got home....

Drayco84

Pip is acting unbelievably snarky here, and is pushing far more buttons than even Wildy dared... Plus, that smirk says "I know something you don't, and it's gonna be HILARIOUS when you find out. Well, hilarious to me, anyway."

I now wonder just how much truth there was in his threat to eat Azlan's spine when he made the Lassie jokes... Well, Azlan also knew Pip from way-back-when, so...

But now that you mention it, Abel does kinda give off a Vyers Mid-Boss vibe... But then, he also doesn't have that "Dan, I am your father but since I'm too cool to resort to over-used, super-cliched dialogue, I'm just gonna make it obvious, but not really say anything."

Starcat5

Quote from: Ghostwish on March 12, 2010, 06:58:52 AM
I'm not surprised by this little aspect of Abel's personality. His father's name never really was rewanz, so the name itself is something of a bitter lie.

Yah. Nothing like bringing up the fact that his (Abel's) father (Aniz) murdered someone just so he (Aniz) could impersonate him (Rewanz) and bang his (Rewanz's) wife. ...with the infered implacation that he (Aniz) has done it before, and will be starting the whole thing up again very soon.

(Names were added in the second readthrough of this draft. Once the number of male references hit three, the sentence needed some serious clarifacation.)
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Tapewolf

Random thoughts - rather than Abel chewing up the tabletop, does he know any flashbang spells?  (Drakes dislike flash photography).
Also, if Dan walked in to see Abel threatening Pip, would he try to intervene or cheer him on?

VAE

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 12, 2010, 06:38:27 PM
Random thoughts - rather than Abel chewing up the tabletop, does he know any flashbang spells?  (Drakes dislike flash photography).
Also, if Dan walked in to see Abel threatening Pip, would he try to intervene or cheer him on?
Does yelling FATALITY!! while chewing popcorn
count as intervention?

Oh wait, Dan would interven  - he wants to do pip himself
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Arcblade

Bahaha.  Flashbangs are funny.  It might be worth seeing Pip get really pissed off, just to see what he says in understandable languages.  And if Abel did that, he might manage to knock Pip out of his smugly superior attitude.  

That said, probably a bad idea.  Pissing off Pip does involve losing blood.  Probably limbs.  

I'm wondering where this is going.  It's pretty obvious to me now that the way to make Abel do anything is to throw him off balance.  Wildy just did that in order to gauge what kind of guy Abel is, and clearly, she succeeded.  Fa'Lina did that just recently in Abel's Story to get him to go see his mother.  Makes sense to me that Pip is leading up to something.  

Last note:  A shell of cynicism is only useful until you're in a situation you don't know how to handle. 

Roach Lord

Quote from: Sind on March 12, 2010, 02:10:41 PM
Ow man, I'm starting to like Pip more for every update o_O

Indeed. Before he was just the pet to use for punchlines when he there wasn't one to be had. Now he actually has a fun personality! And one I' am highly suspicious off, reasonably of course.

...Did Pip's eye colour change? Or is that just my imagination or basic stupidity?

Arcblade

It's not your imagination.  Pip's eyes have always been black, but they're getting more detailed.  Less pure black with a bit of detail, and more "shades of dark grey and black."  I'm not an art major, so I can't say precisely what it is she's doing to make them different/better, but you're not the only one to note the change. 

Actually, it distresses me some, because now Pip's eyes in this comic remind me of Regina's, and that comparison is not one I like.  But I think that's more a matter of how Amber's drawing eyes these days. 

VAE

Quote from: Arcblade on March 12, 2010, 07:46:02 PM
It's not your imagination.  Pip's eyes have always been black, but they're getting more detailed.  Less pure black with a bit of detail, and more "shades of dark grey and black."  I'm not an art major, so I can't say precisely what it is she's doing to make them different/better, but you're not the only one to note the change. 

Actually, it distresses me some, because now Pip's eyes in this comic remind me of Regina's, and that comparison is not one I like.  But I think that's more a matter of how Amber's drawing eyes these days. 

Hmm i thought it was just to point out the fact his eyes are bulging out - it is kind of simulating light reflecting off the convex surface
Saphroneth

Naldru

Quote from: starcat5 on March 12, 2010, 06:21:42 PM
Yah. Nothing like bringing up the fact that his (Abel's) father (Aniz) murdered someone just so he (Aniz) could impersonate him (Rewanz) and bang his (Rewanz's) wife. ...with the infered implacation that he (Aniz) has done it before, and will be starting the whole thing up again very soon.
I think that there is a question as to whether Aniz killed Cid before or after the marriage to May.  It's possible May never met the real Cid.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Ghostwish on March 12, 2010, 06:58:52 AM
I'm not surprised by this little aspect of Abel's personality. His father's name never really was rewanz, so the name itself is something of a bitter lie.

The only question that pops to my head is: If he's that touchy about it, why is he still siar?

His biological father (Aniz), no, but (I assume) Sid's name was... unless their society was matriarchal, in which case it was May's last name (regardless of marriage).

Quote from: Ry on March 12, 2010, 08:26:02 AM
- but his clan symbol is pretty obvious on his back.  Also, his lack of shirts generally means that the symbol is completely visible even when he's trying to hide his cubi heritage.  That's really weird, actually.

What would you call that backless garment if not a shirt?

Quote from: Alondro on March 12, 2010, 04:50:21 PM
Abel's clan mark wouldn't have been a problem for him in the past, since he hardly ever left SAIA until Fa'lina forced him to go help Dan.

Prior to his time at SAIA, he never had trouble with the mark except with May, who promptly jumped onto his "worse" activity. Not that she knew what it really was, she thought (as he did) that it was just a tattoo.

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 12, 2010, 06:38:27 PM

He'd intervene.

Quote from: Naldru on March 12, 2010, 11:19:39 PM
I think that there is a question as to whether Aniz killed Cid before or after the marriage to May.  It's possible May never met the real Cid.

I'm pretty sure it was after Sid and May married, but like everyone else here (except Amber :mowwink ), I could be wrong.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Starcat5

Quote from: AmigaDragon on March 12, 2010, 11:35:14 PM
Quote from: Ry on March 12, 2010, 08:26:02 AM
- but his clan symbol is pretty obvious on his back.  Also, his lack of shirts generally means that the symbol is completely visible even when he's trying to hide his cubi heritage.  That's really weird, actually.

An apron with shirtless T-Sleeves? The top half of a backless evening gown with shirtless T-Sleeves? An upper body loin cloth with... you get the idea. >:3
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

VAE

Quote from: starcat5 on March 13, 2010, 12:28:06 AM
Quote from: AmigaDragon on March 12, 2010, 11:35:14 PM

An apron with shirtless T-Sleeves? The top half of a backless evening gown with shirtless T-Sleeves? An upper body loin cloth with... you get the idea. >:3

Upper body loincloth seems strangely appropriate for someone who often makes an ass of himself ...
Saphroneth

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Howl

Quote from: Arcblade on March 12, 2010, 06:51:35 PM
That said, probably a bad idea.  Pissing off Pip does involve losing blood.  Probably limbs.  

Pissing off Pip involves losing blood or limbs if you can't beat him. I'm pretty sure Abel could deal with one drake he has over 200 years on.

Ry

Quote from: Naldru on March 12, 2010, 11:19:39 PM
Quote from: starcat5 on March 12, 2010, 06:21:42 PM
Are we sure Cid was even a real person? He might have been- I just can't remember any mention either way.  I wouldn't put it past Aniz to kill someone just to take their place, but I also wouldn't put it past him to invent someone just to come off as a being and have an easier time finding someone to mother his offspring. I imagine that would be easier- less chance of running into someone who knew the guy.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ry on March 13, 2010, 09:49:01 AM
Are we sure Cid was even a real person? He might have been- I just can't remember any mention either way.

http://missmab.com/Comics/Abel_87.php

...so, Aniz said that he killed Cid.  Exactly when is unclear.  It's still possible that he was lying to upset her, but chances are he did kill him.

Ry

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 13, 2010, 10:15:25 AM
Quote from: Ry on March 13, 2010, 09:49:01 AM
Are we sure Cid was even a real person? He might have been- I just can't remember any mention either way.

http://missmab.com/Comics/Abel_87.php

...so, Aniz said that he killed Cid.  Exactly when is unclear.  It's still possible that he was lying to upset her, but chances are he did kill him.

I said "I can't remember". Since you apparently don't understand this phrase, let me clarify: "This may have been stated several times- hell, there might've been a comic featuring Aniz killing Cid in a horrible fashion. But I don't remember it, seeing as I don't have the most stellar memory, so could someone point me in the right direction?"

Edit-  :mowignore I apparently can't read english to save my life.  Thank you for the link.  Sorry again. *slinks away*

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ry on March 13, 2010, 10:23:35 AM
I said "I can't remember". Since you apparently don't understand this phrase, let me clarify: "This may have been stated several times- hell, there might've been a comic featuring Aniz killing Cid in a horrible fashion. But I don't remember it, seeing as I don't have the most stellar memory, so could someone point me in the right direction?"

And in what way is this different from what I did?