[CVRPG Jam] - Jam Session #1: Tropes?

Started by Darkmoon, March 09, 2010, 01:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

I've been browsing TVTropes (evil, evil site), and I had the idea to do something based on this for CVRPG. Admittedly, it seems like I stole the idea from Mab, although it didn't occur to me that she had done one until after I'd stewed on this idea for a while, but I'm feeling the urge to do it anyway.

The thought is to have you guys, here, suggest a bunch of possible tropes you'd like to see covered in a plotline. I'm willing to take any suggestions, even so far as implementation, and then I'll write up a plot arc for it, and during the Jam Session I'll do the series.

Now, depending on how many of these we come up with, and what the story works out to be, this may happen over several sessions. I'm not gonna do another 50 in 24 any time soon, plus I don't want to limit (or stretch) a plotline just to fit some "goal". No, we'll let this be organic and see how it flows.

My thought is to set the series between CVRPG II/Gaiden and III. Having already set CVRPG Meets TMNT, more or less, between I and II, this seems to make the most sense. I'd like to have the heroes part way into a quest to defeat some big bad, the boss dies in the first 10 comics, the heroes rejoice and go on some mind-bending trip back home, whereupon, for various reasons, the boss is able to return from the dead and the heroes have to go and kill him yet again.

Oh, and we don't have to have all the heroes involved. Just like the TMNT arc, I'm willing to focus on any characters you'd like to see. I think I'd prefer to have Darkmoon stay in town, though, as he'd be busy working on his tavern. For similar reasons, I'd kinda like to keep Princess there as well (as she's the town Elder), but I'm not as hard-set on that.

I'm going to track plot ideas here, as they are suggested, and try to fit them into a line:

Comic 1 - 10: Heroes battle to villain, fight villain, defeat villain.
Comic 11 - 15: Heroes try to get back home, get lost, get magically stuck somewhere.

Continuity Snarl
Time Paradox
Re Tool
Continuity Reboot
Back from the Dead
Other Darin (Villain?)
Set Right What Went Wrong

Thoughts?
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heel Face Revolving Door
Crazy Cat Lady (as a challenge ;-] )
Disnot
Dudley Do Right Stops To Help
Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas
Female Angel Male Demon
Horrible Judge Of Character
Manipulative Bastard

... wait, was I supposed to be listing things for you to do, or things you've already done? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

llearch n'n'daCorna

Keaton says:

Anvilicious
Some Anvils Need To Be Dropped
Bad Writing
Not Making This Up Disclaimer
Dan Browned
Critical Research Failure
Did Not Do The Research
Useful Notes
Spock Speak
Grammar Nazi
Infant Immortality
A Million Is A Statistic
Empathy Doll Shot
Rule of Drama
Static Character
The Reveal
Rape Is Love
Rape As Drama
Always Male
Boys Love
Rape Is The New Dead Parents
Rousseau Was Right
Small Name Big Ego
Bad Bad Acting
Bury Your Gays
Senseless Sacrifice
Discredited Trope
Psychopathic Manchild
Circus Of Fear
Ironic Nursery Tune
Dark Action Girl
Perky Female Minion
Post Modernism
Gory Discretion Shot
Card Carrying Villain
Complete Monster
Kick The Son Of A Bitch
Shown Their Work
Freudian Excuse
Cry For The Devil
Dracon In Leather Pants
Anti Hero
Ron The Death Eater
Luckily My Powers Will Protect Me
Author Filibuster
Realistic Diction Is Unrealistic
Acceptable Breaks From Reality
Sarcastic Clapping
Jade Colored Glasses
The Law Of Bruce
Papa Wolf
Go Out With A Smile
With This Herring
Social Services Does Not Exist
Adopt The Dog
Genocide Backfire
Pay Evil Unto Evil
High Octane Nightmare Fuel
Digital Piracy Is Evil
Fun With Acronyms
That Makes Me Feel Angry
Wrench Wench
Precision F Strike
They Changed It Now It Sucks.

That girl is an over-achiever. And good luck with the list.

Darkmoon

Holy-fucking-hell. Seriously, that could take a while.

Does Keaton want access to this section?

llearch n'n'daCorna

She didn't ask, but I'm sure she'd appreciate. I believe she mentioned that this is a pre-compiled list...

Darkmoon

Hahaha. I'd actually think that was silly, but I have a few premade articles I sit on and revise simply for the academics of it. My Terminator timelines article is becoming quite extensive.

EDIT: Oh, and Keaton is added.

bradypodidae

Yay Keaton!

I think your request has been satisfied quite well, so I will just "second" llearch's and Keaton's lists.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Darkmoon

Okay, I'm going to table the "Tropes" run for now. I haven't managed to come up with a good plotline for this. I do think I'm going to do one of these sessions soon (in the next month or two). Just have to come up with an idea.

Part of me says to do an "Angel Explains..." series. Maybe 20, 30 comics that go into details about the various races that show up in the series. Dwarves, Elves, Lycans, Vampires, Mummies, Golems, etc...

Part of me wants to do some sort of actual plotline, since it's more of a challenge (and I think more fun for people to watch as I work on it). But... I haven't managed to find a plotline to work on.

Any thoughts?