03/05/10 [PF #104] - Celebrations!

Started by Ren Gaulen, March 05, 2010, 08:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

Oh, Daryil. He's so wacky. :B (But if he pies me, there will be a hell to pay. >:[ )

I must say, Jay did a pretty good job on this picture. :3

Jairus

It's a hair gel pie. He thinks your hair style needs a change up. :p

Eh, it's not bad. Could use some improvement on my end, but not bad since it's one of the most complex things I've ever done.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on March 05, 2010, 08:56:15 PM
It's a hair gel pie. He thinks your hair style needs a change up. :p
HELL. To pay. >:[

Quote from: Jairus on March 05, 2010, 08:56:15 PM
Eh, it's not bad. Could use some improvement on my end, but not bad since it's one of the most complex things I've ever done.
Keep it up, brother! :O

Sind

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

Tapewolf

In case anyone's interested, I've changed Daryil's portrait in the cast pages.

http://www.project-future.org/cast.php?name=Daryil

...the old one can still be seen here:

http://www.project-future.org/cast/p_daryil.png   (the new one is p_daryil2.png)

While there was nothing wrong with buff-Daryil per se, the new version is a more accurate reference for when I want to commission someone  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Chakat Blackspots

More defined muzzle, and less muscle definition.  Also, fur pattern looks better too.

Tapewolf

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on March 06, 2010, 04:05:50 PM
More defined muzzle, and less muscle definition.  Also, fur pattern looks better too.

Yes.  I didn't blend it all in the last version.  Also it's been a little random as to whether the top of his muzzle is dark or light grey - I'm going to try and ensure it's dark from now on.

The main problem I had with the last picture was that it was drawn immediately after Kipiru did this:

http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/Ren2009.png

...and so, when I used it as a ref at Anthrocon, I ended up with overmuscled renditions of Daryil.

Sind

The newer one definitively fits the character much more :3

Gabi

Yes, I like the new one too.

And I was surprised to see Jay's art. He was always saying he couldn't draw.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Sprocketsdance

:giggle  Yes, Jay, you're awesome :3   :boogie  The expressions are what get me. You should do must stuffs!  :mowhappy

Jairus

Quote from: Gabi on March 07, 2010, 11:09:47 AM
And I was surprised to see Jay's art. He was always saying he couldn't draw.
Well, I've been practicing and stuff. I've got some of my art in my art thread and a lot on my FA page. This one looks a LOT better as a pencil drawing, mainly because my digital inking skills are... well... crap. :\ Part of the thing is that I was inking this at five times magnification with a mouse I'm unfamiliar with because my stylus is a hundred miles away, and part of it is just my general inexperience with inking. But, thank you for the compliment. :)

Quote from: wuffnpuff on March 07, 2010, 11:32:06 AM
:giggle  Yes, Jay, you're awesome :3   :boogie  The expressions are what get me. You should do must stuffs!  :mowhappy
Well, it was fun to try and draw this. Ren was a HUGE help because he's much more familiar with these characters and how their bodies are built and such. And I am planning to draw more, but right now most of my attention is focused on writing. And thank you!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 06, 2010, 06:57:44 PM
Quote from: kusanagi-sama on March 06, 2010, 04:05:50 PM

Yes.  I didn't blend it all in the last version.  Also it's been a little random as to whether the top of his muzzle is dark or light grey - I'm going to try and ensure it's dark from now on.

The main problem I had with the last picture was that it was drawn immediately after Kipiru did this:

http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/Ren2009.png

...and so, when I used it as a ref at Anthrocon, I ended up with overmuscled renditions of Daryil.

So, he's really supposed to look more of a weak girly boy (like how he acts)?

ChaosMageX

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on March 08, 2010, 09:00:20 PM

Daryil may act girly, but he is hardly weak, and you'd be wise to never forget that. :bat

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Pretty much (just wait until you see the AF strip, assuming we can pull it off in time).

However, as ChaosMage says, if you get him sufficiently annoyed he's liable to stuff your soul into a garden gnome or a ball of string or something.   Fortunately it's difficult to get him that mad - murder would do it, though.

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 09, 2010, 03:36:46 AM

Pretty much (just wait until you see the AF strip, assuming we can pull it off in time).

However, as ChaosMage says, if you get him sufficiently annoyed he's liable to stuff your soul into a garden gnome or a ball of string or something.   Fortunately it's difficult to get him that mad - murder would do it, though.

What does AF stand for?

Ren Gaulen

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 09, 2010, 09:12:45 PM
April Fool's, I believe.

Yes.

Now, for one reason or another (including Ren reinstalling Windows as I write) we're probably not going to be able to update tonight.  Last I heard, Ren was hoping to be able to finish the lines but it's unlikely that I'll have time to colour them this evening.

We're probably looking at an update tomorrow, which is of course, technically the update day anyway.

Good news is that Kipiru is back, so 'Strange Bedfellows' will hopefully return fairly soon.  And, fingers crossed, there will be something else as well.

**EDIT**

Now you have something to look at, if not the actual comic...