Of Steam and Steel: OOC (Steampunk RP, Mature) {Open}

Started by Lisky, February 28, 2010, 06:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arroyo Milori

I'm very tempted to change my profile a bit so I have a steampunk motorcycle...or a bathtub car in some weird way. : B

Noone

Posting up profile:

Name: Kyirri Teekay
Race: Kangaroo Rat Being
Country of origin as well as current residence: Nhylamar/Nhylamar
Physical Description: Kyirri stands at around 3 foot 2. His skin is incredibly pale, and so is his fur, they look as though he's spent his entire life in a cave without any sunlight touching him. His cephalic hair is short and rather neat, though it is of an unusual silky white color. His tail is around three feet long, and the tuft of hair on the end is also of silky white color. His eyes look quite unsettling however, as the iris of his eyes, has a pale, sickly green color to them, and looks like it's been shrunk.
The clothing that he usually wears is plain and unadorned. Pants, shoes, socks, a shirt, a small jacket, and gloves. They're all colored various shades of gray, and while well maintained, have a rather stingy look to them. He keeps everything from the neck-down covered by his clothes.

Personality:
Kyirri tends to be rather bitter. While he's usually polite, and almost never swears, he is rarely openly friendly towards anyone. He generally tries to avoid getting close to anyone. He's also extremely evasive when asked personal inquiries. He's generally distrustful of strangers, to the point of being somewhat paranoid. He tends to view generosity with suspicion, as he's used to being exploited. He also has a tendency to view those with a lot of power and wealth with disdain, especially those who abuse it. He's also extremely well disciplined, and takes oaths, vows, and agreements very seriously. Kyirri tends to be incredibly stoic, he's almost always perfectly calm.

History:
Born in Nhylamar, he's always been an introvert, and is used to being pushed around by taller beings. He's never had any friends, and was never close to anyone aside from his parents. When he was fifteen years old, both of them were soul-murdered, and the killer was never found. He got thrown out of his home, and while he was too old to be considered an orphan child, he was too young to get a stable job and source of income. With that, he was thrown out of his home, given no compensation by anyone, and had no one to turn to.
Kyirri managed to avoid starving on the streets by picking up odd jobs in the slums of Nhylamar. He managed to get by on bare minimum salaries, often not even having enough income to pay his rent or to feed himself. He lived in a place where crime was rather rampant, where the law often seemed to get bribed off by both criminals and wealthy individuals. Currently, he's out of a job, and is looking for other means of employment.

Equipment: His clothing, a wallet, a tiny bit of money, a small vial of magical healing salve.
Magical Abilities (if applicable):
None that have manifested.

Trivia (if you so feel like it):
Kyirri never radiates emotions. Cubi would be able to detect this anomaly immediately.

WhiteFox

techmasterglitch: Pumped up? Walsh just has a compound triple expansion engine, oil fueled firebox, walschaertes valve gear, and exhaust manifold routed through a water pre-heating sub-tank for extra efficiency through cogeneration. It's hardly what I'd call pumped up.  :3

Well, okay, it has a magical flash-heating system to jumpstart the boiler, but even still.

...And this is why Walsh is taking more then a week to draw.  :U

Kobra; Rat pride, man. Can't let 'em walk all over you.

*Lifts fist for a bump*

C'mon, dude, don't leave me hanging... :<
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: WhiteFox on March 03, 2010, 10:48:18 PM
techmasterglitch: Pumped up? Walsh just has a compound triple expansion engine, oil fueled firebox, walschaertes valve gear, and exhaust manifold routed through a water pre-heating sub-tank for extra efficiency through cogeneration. It's hardly what I'd call pumped up.  :3

Well, okay, it has a magical flash-heating system to jumpstart the boiler, but even still.
Which is exactly why it's Nhylamar magic-enhanced tech, and not uber-Aelisium tech :P It's still not something you ever saw in the real world...

Tapewolf

Quote from: WhiteFox on March 03, 2010, 10:48:18 PM
Kobra; Rat pride, man. Can't let 'em walk all over you.

Presumably Gabriel is a Being?  I don't think it actually says  :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ashen Star

I'd like to try playing for a change.  Might be a bit slow given I'm on pain meds right now.

Name: Ashlynn "Ashes" Taige
Race: Being skunk.
Country of origin as well as current residence: Aeliseium

Physical Description:  At first glance you would note the five and a half foot tall skunkette was of attractive porportions.  Yet as you approached, the wrongness of her appearance became more and more apparent.  Her black and white stripes had blended into regions of light gray and darker gray.  Here and there, scars reversed the grain of her fur to transform her hide from an attractive blend to an uncomely patchwork. Then there was the dull sheen of metal; a metalic right forelimb and a metallic left leg... both filling the air with a persistent harmonized clicking noise.  Then you'd catch the metal plates fused to the right side of her head and a faintly glowing mote of light set within the clockworks of her eye.  Closer still and you could see the multitude of pendulums, gears, springs, and levels mimicing the intricaties of her intact hand.  And then you'd meet the hard gray eye of her left that caught you staring at the machinery lodged in her flesh, wondering when you were going to get past looking at her prosthetics to see her.

Equipment: Fortunately, you could be forgiven for missing most of the above unless you caught her nude.  Her clothes were Aeliseian uniforms: white breeches, long black bots, powder blue shirt and navy blue jacket.  Her equipment was also standard fare for a Lieutenant in the army: An eight shot repeater revolver, a dual reciprocating saber, three torsion batteries for the latter, and her Lebarge scattergun; a torsion powered shot gun that could rapidly advance and fire one shell after the next.  The bandoleer about Her waist held thirty two more brass shells.  Her private vehicle was a torsion velocipede, nothing fancy thank you, which resembles a torsion powered moped.

Magical Abilities (if applicable): Ashes has no magical capabilities.  To be quite honest, magic and the creatures that employ them quite unnerve her.  She sees magic as the final crushing detriment to a civilized and orderly world and tool of creatures that oppressed and destroyed beings for centuries.  She is prejudiced and indoctrinated against magic, but she is not a bigot.

History: Ashlynn lives her life as any good and sensible Aelisean; educated that good and reason where the pivotal points of civilization and that only her country could truly extend them to beings; who had eternally suffered at the hands of vile supernatural beings.  Her family was large, with six brothers and seven sisters, and so Ashlynn decided to leave home early in her life; putting more attention into study and fitness than in the social or trivial interests of her siblings.  Her father was a well off landholder, though not aristocracy by any merit, and he encouraged her participation.

She entered into the 45th regulars as a line regular, given rifle and small arms training to which she excelled, and with full accommodations was given a chance at an officer's commission.  She failed, but returned a year later and passed the entrance into the academy.  Her keen mind caught the pattern of intolerance and indoctrination, but she dismissed it as simple harmless nationalistic zeal.  Then she was placed in a very special facility; one whose activities she began ignorant of but would soon turn to nightmares.

In ended with the explosion that destroyed the facility.  She was the only survivor, and after debriefing it was decided to use her as a propaganda tool.  Her missing limbs would be replaced and she would be a public spokesskunk against creatures.  Something to rile the troops.  However, she proved an unenthusiastic participant.  Her superiors concluded that her injuries had 'unwound her spring' and assigned to the much less critical or prestigious post of town guard lieutenant in Pouxteux Bree.  That posting wasn't much better; her prosthetics alienated her from the rural towns people.  She is, however, a fair officer to her fellow soldiers and a light attaché to the people so her 'odd quirks' are generally dismissed.

Ashlynn can play the piano, harpsichord, guitar, and flute.  She was in the 45th regular's band which, contrary to most people's expectations, required more duties on top of fighting.

Ashlynn's prosthetics are detachable.  She removes them to oil, wire, repair, and replace the metallic parts.  She also usually removes them to sleep.  The prosthetic in her head rewinds with two tiny pendulums.  She honestly has no idea how it works, and prays that it never ever breaks.

Ashlynn can drink.  She came in first regularly at the 45th's frequent beer drinking contests.  She also impressed officers by beating them at drinking contests.  Either through metabolism or luck, alcohol doesn't affect her half as much as it does beings twice her weight.

WhiteFox

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 04, 2010, 08:42:59 AM
Presumably Gabriel is a Being?  I don't think it actually says  :3

Whoops... forgot to say. Silly me.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Kafzeil

Name:Lucy Alighieri
Race:Feline Undead
Country of origin as well as current residence:Aeliseium
Physical Description: The young, now deceased ocelot stands at about 6' 2". Reddish brown fur ta ht lightens up at front near her chest and belly, with black spots and rosettes decorating her fur. As typical of her race, she possesses black eyes with glowing yellow irises, and still has many of the injuries she sustained prior to death, including the Undead bite mark and a knife wound to the heart.In terms of clothing, Lucy prefers brown long coats, pants, waist coat, tie, black derbies and a brown fedora. He blond hair is about shoulder length, and usually combed back into a ponytail to keep the rest of her face clear.

Equipment: A standard gunmetal zippo lighter, a cigarette case containing about 24 cigarettes, A standard seven shot revolver and a speed loader. Her wallet, with about 150 dollars of Aeliseium Cash in it, her ID, and a public transportation pass.

Magical Abilities (if applicable): Aside from the obvious dark force that brought he back to life, Lucy is only just beginning to manifest the dark-based magic typical of the race, though it is currently small, Lucy fears it'll grow out of er control.

History:HWile born in the middle class, her father's vocal disapproval of the country's, and Aeliseium's primary religious beliefs earned them many enemies. Her father was murdered by an unknown assailant when she was 12, which lead Lucy to silently accept the concept of the "Greater Good, now feeling the zealots of her own country were far more dangerous then any Creature she would ever meet. Taking a job a a Private Investigator, she mostly took jobs rooting out an Creatures in hiding, that is, until a few days ago when she awoke in back alley, a knife in her chest, a bite mark on her arm, the rain pouring down and the memories of being killed by a cult known as "The Children of the Reaper".

Trivia (if you so feel like it):-Lucy prefers the rain to clear skies. she claims it sooths her.

-Lucy doesn't know how to drive, much preferring public transportation.

-Lucy is rather apathetic when it comes to Aeliseium's Creature beliefs. While somewhat remorseful of hunting down creatures, she only wants to stay out of the way of Aeliseium's more crazed anti-creature zealots. She's even considered fleeing the country several times before.

-In spite of carrying cigarettes around, Lucy doesn't smoke. They're usually offered to clients and used as leverage to bribe information out of people.

-Her lighter was a birthday gift from her older brother.

So tempted...to make fun of...Arroyo's...mullet... :B
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

WhiteFox

Quote from: Kafzeil link=topic=7076.msg315189#msg315189

Are you gonna tell a mage with "Blood Manipulation" listed under their powers how to cut his hair?

But then, if you're undead, you might not have any blood. Hm.

(Edit; fixed the busted quote tag.)

Kafzeil

Quote from: WhiteFox on March 05, 2010, 05:35:44 PM
Quote from: Kafzeil link=topic=7076.msg315189#msg315189
/quote]

Are you gonna tell a mage with "Blood Manipulation" listed under their powers how to cut his hair?

But then, if you're undead, you might not have any blood. Hm.

Well, that depends if and when the two would meet. Once it starts Lucy's still quite "fresh", though I imagine basic bodily functions don't work at the very least. Also, I may have missed it, but Arroyo didn't mention if he could maniplaute others blood, though I imagine that he could, it's just it'd be veru taxing on his body.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Tapewolf

Quote from: Basilisk on March 02, 2010, 08:48:59 PM
In Voethfel, Sevastia'Nyad and Nhylamar the death-penalty goes beyond simply ending the life of the body, committing acts of murder, rape or otherwise horrible deeds that would put you on death row also involve the forfeiture of your soul... your soul is then either used for science, or sold to the highest bidder at local auctions... Soul-stones are reusable/refillable... that note is their for multiple reasons, and is something to keep in mind...

While it's not my intention to derail the thread, this is extremely apropos:

Soul auction

Azlan

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 06, 2010, 02:56:23 PM

Soul auction

I'm not sure it is a wise decision to buy hostile spirits... in a fantasy, it makes a certain amount of sense.  However, in reality, most of us lack the capacity to utilize something like that.  I'll give them props for such an elaborate hoax though.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 06, 2010, 02:56:23 PM

Soul auction

Dude. That just gave me the most awesome character idea.

I'm taking this article and running off into the sunset with it like a crazed sugar ant with a marshmallow my similes need work. Thank youuuuuuu~

WhiteFox

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on March 06, 2010, 04:37:46 PM
Dude. That just gave me the most awesome character idea.

I'm scared.

I haven't even checked out the Soul Auction link yet, and I'm scared.  :U

SpottedKitty

I had an idea or two, rubbed a couple of brain cells together, and this was the result.

Name: Zelah Marazanvose
Race: Feline 'Cubi
Country of origin as well as current residence: The ex-village of Crugmeer, near the town of Tregonetha in a remote part of Aeliseium. Currently in Nhylamar and trying to decide if going there was a good idea.

Physical Description:
A reddish tabby feline, 5' 4" tall. Greenish-gold eyes, short and fluffy green hair. Palm-sized green symbol on left side of chest, usually hidden under clothes. Unless hidden, green batlike wings on back and head. Lean build, with a little bit of muscle, or voluptuous and curvy, depending.

Equipment:
Weapons include a lightweight clockwork chain-blade, a few knives, and a compact repeating gun with several spare magazines. All of these are usually securely packed away, unless trouble is expected imminently. Other equipment includes tool/cleaning kits for the chain-blade and gun, a small amount of dried food for emergencies, and spare clothes.

Magical Abilities (if applicable):
Zelah has a more powerful (although not very well trained) magical talent than the average Being, with emphasis on offensive Dark and Fire magic. He can also use some defensive Light-based magic, such as Shielding and Healing spells. Zelah also has many of the usual 'Cubi abilities: shapeshifting, wing-tentacles, thought-reading, emotional affinities, etc., but none are as powerful or reliable as in a 'Cubi with normal clan or SAIA training. Shapeshifting in particular — this is not entirely under conscious control, and he doesn't really understand how it works. Because of a limit in her imagination, he can only change herself into other small and medium sized felines. Hiding headwings is fairly reliable, but a big enough physical or emotional shock can cause his backwings to pop out or make her revert to base form. He's also limited to only being able to control one wing-tentacle per wing at a time.

Something else Zelah doesn't really understand is her emotional affinity. He knows he's attracted to people who seem to be particularly confident, but she hasn't yet made a connection between this and the fact that he's barely eaten or drunk anything in the last two hundred years.

Personality:
Zelah's mind has been a train wreck for at least the last hundred years. She keeps it carefully hidden, but deep inside his head is a gibbering maniac. He knows what she is. She knows what he'll end up doing to people. And it terrifies her. He can be friendly, even affectionate, but only in temporary terms. She's quite willing to be more than friends with someone, but any attempt at a longer-term relationship will be repulsed, sometimes almost in a panic.

Her moods are volatile and rarely subtle, she can be a creature of extremes. His reactions, and almost his whole personality, will frequently vary to best fit in and feel safe with whoever he's talking to. This doesn't make him a passive doormat: if she decides the safest (or only) possible action is to attack, she will be very aggressive.

History:
Zelah was born in the village of Crugmeer, close to the ruins of an ancient castle so old there weren't even any local yarns pretending to be "the truth". Perhaps too close: unknown to everyone, unstable magic permeated the ruins. This  went wild and detonated soon after Zelah's birth, destroying the ruins and most of the village. The young kitten was considered lucky to have come out of the ordeal, the rescuers thought, with only a pair of wings and odd-coloured hair. None of the handful of other survivors, all adults, were sane, perhaps due to their much more drastic changes from the burst of wild magic. Rejerrah and Erme Marazanvose, raccoons in the nearby town of Tregonetha, adopted Zelah and brought him up to help run their merchandising business. There were a few Creatures living in disguise in Tregonetha (although everyone knew who they were), so no particular attention was paid to Zelah's... unusual features.

The truth came out twenty years later, when headwings and an odd green marking appeared on Zelah's chest. Rejerrah Marazanvose had made sure his adopted daughter had a good general education, but he knew almost nothing — that was accurate, at least — about 'Cubi. Zelah spent the next few years trying to find out for himself what he was, but her best find was an ancient book of Creature lore, of dubious accuracy. As a result, ever since learning how to shapeshift beyond simply hiding her wings and headwings, Zelah has been constantly shifting between male and female and vice-versa. (This is just a shape change, of course, not — as she thinks — a true gender change.) It appears to be partly random, and not always under conscious control. So far he hasn't gone on a seduction rampage every night against the (currently) opposite sex, as the lore book said, but he knows it'll happen eventually.

Another thing Zelah didn't expect was outliving his entire family. They all lived to ripe old ages and died, but she stayed young. When the last of his adopted brothers and sisters died of old age, she left Tregonetha, never to return. In the following nearly hundred and fifty years of wandering in Aeliseium, Zelah's done a little bit of lots of things. He's been a successful businesswoman, as her adopted parents taught him. She's been a soldier. He's dabbled in politics. She's set herself up as an engineer, although this was one of her less successful enterprises.

Like many 'Cubi, Zelah is easily distracted, and in some respects more psychologically fragile. Occasionally she forgets what he is and reacts to a situation as if he were her base form, or the opposite sex. Since she was never properly trained in filtering thoughts or emotions, an overload (whether from his own head or someone else's) can be painful: a really bad one can knock her out like a two-by-four between the headwings.

Since moving to Nhylamar (in a bit of a hurry, just ahead of the nice people with torches and pitchforks), he's realised she isn't used to being in the open, undisguised presence of other Creatures. Any flaunting of Creature anatomy or abilities will make her uneasy, although he probably won't descend into outright panic. Unless things go horribly wrong...

Zelah's wing-tentacles have no heads, so whatever his clan is (if there are any other surviving members) its founder is no longer among the living.
The book Zelah used to educate himself about 'Cubi was a mediaeval bestiary. What she "knows" about her nature is therefore at least 95% inaccurate... and sometimes gives him the screaming heebie-jeebies.
Zelah's mind-shield is the sort a Being would use, not a 'Cubi.
In his travels, Zelah hasn't yet encountered another 'Cubi... that she knew about, anyway. In a serious fight with one, he'd probably lose because of all the things he doesn't know about her own nature.
Zelah's shifting is more frequent and less controlled if he's agitated: once when she was in a near panic, he shifted more than half a dozen times in less than a minute, and almost collapsed in exhaustion. Usually she won't shift while sleeping: the few times this has happened, it has been known to cause abrupt screaming departures from the bedroom if he happened not to be alone.
Because of this odd shapeshifting, Zelah never wears tightly-fitting clothes. She considers the elasticated waistband to be one of the greatest inventions in history.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

techmaster-glitch

Alright, finally got my profile sorted out with Bas. I don't know whether to say "For shame!" or "Whoohoo!" that I'm the only guy with a mech. At least, so far...

And yes, go ahead and laugh at the names. Best to get all the laughs out now...

Names: The Vaponci brothers, (vah-PON-chee)
  Gezzemocht "Gezz" Vaponci (GEHZ-eh-mokt)
  Gaakronacht "Gaak" Vaponci (GAHK-ruh-nakt)
Ages: 26 and 24, respectively
Race: Beaver Beings
Country of origin as well as current residence: Aelisium, still residing

Physical Descriptions: The Vaponci brothers are similar in most respects. They stand around average height and are of thin build, though the younger brother Gaakronacht is slightly shorter than the older brother Gezzemocht. Gezz has darker black fur, while Gaak has lighter brown. Of course, being beavers, they both also have wide, flat tails. They both wear helmets and some light armor padding, with some small plates of metal built in. Gezz wears a toolbelt-bandolier over his outfit, while Gaak opts for a vest of some kind.

Lucheek's rendition of the brothers here (outfits are lighter versions of the armor in this video).

Storm Scorp (steam mech): Built mainly by Gezzemocht, this is the pride and joy of the two brothers, and has seen them through more than a few battles. It is an advanced Aelisium steam-mech standing between the average Aelisium light and medium mechs, though it's design is so different from common mechs that it can be hard to classify. It is slightly more armored than a light mech, yet still almost as nimble. However, it has far fewer weapons than a medium mech. Its name is derived from both the mech's resemblance to a scorpion, and that its primary weapons are that of "storms"; namely, thunder and lightning.

=Configuration: The Storm Scorp is in the very basic configuration of a scorpion, something of an oddity among the usual Aelisium fare. At its core, it is low-set quadrupedal in design, built around an armored central chassis that houses the steam engine, main drive mechanisms, and other important components. Due to this design, it stands a little lower than the average bipedal light mech, but it still slightly bigger overall. On a main joint on each of the four legs, a large circle or wheel appears bolted on. Two arms are attached to the front of the mech, with rudimentary manipulators on the ends of those. There are two very different, but formidable-looking modules mounted on the foresection of each arm. A raised and arched "tail" comes up on the back of the mech, with a weapon mounted on the end of that. The primary pilot's cockpit it set into the front section of the mech, affording control of all the mech's primary functions, specifically mobility, the two arms, and a few other things. A secondary cockpit sits in the back of the mech, in the crook of the "tail". This cockpit does not offer any significant control over the mech aside from its tail, but it does have access to some of the mech's internals.

=Armaments: The two primary weapons of the Storm Scorp are those that give the mech its name; the two modules mounted on the arms are actually cannons. One is a relatively common Aelisium lightning-cannon, while the other is a decidedly more unique weapon, and the brainchild of Gezzemocht; a sonic-concussive "thunder" cannon.
    The lightning-cannon is more or less standard among other Aelisium lightning-cannons. It is a close-to-medium range weapon that shoots a single burst of a lightning arc to a target. At medium ranges, it is effective at disrupting machines and mechs by frying and fusing delicate components, as well as potentially affecting any crew. At closer ranges, it can blast apart many materials on top of its disruption effects. While possible, it is unwieldy to aim and fire at infantry and other small targets. The lightning-cannon is powered by the mech, and has the capacity to "hold" many shots when fully charged with its several "jars" (and each jar holds approximately ten shots), although recharging takes an extensively long time. The recharge is slow enough that it's generally impractical to recharge during a fight unless it's a long, pitched battle. When the mech is shut down, the recharge speed is more manageable.
    The thunder-cannon is a stranger weapon, and yet its ultimate effects are often similar to the lightning-cannon. It is a short-lived, high-speed vibration mechanism housed in a focusing array. When fired, the thunder-cannon shoots a concussive blast in a line. It's range is also similar to the lightning-cannon; it is only good at close and medium ranges. It's effects are also similar to the lightning-cannon's in that it tends to do more disruption than actual damage; At medium range, it can shake about and knock loose small pieces of anything it hits, generally mechs or machines. At close ranges, the concussion can tear more solid things apart. The thunder-cannon is also "powered" by the mech, and its capacity takes the form of five ultratension springs. There are fewer of these springs for the thunder-cannon than jars for the lightning-cannon because they take up more space, and also can only "hold" a single shot. However, they are wound up far more quickly than the jars are recharged, counted in minutes or less, and when individually wound take no noticeable drain on the mech itself.
    The mech is also equipped with a more conventional heavy shot-cannon, mounted on the "mouth" of the mech, just a little under the front end. This cannon is used whenever a little long-range accurate punch is needed, and is the most penetrating of the mech's weapons (though not necessarily the most destructive), often making it take the role of "sniper". At closer ranges, it can still be used to good effect. It is not an Aelisium auto-cannon in the sense that it is in a revolver-configuration, but it does have an auto-loading mechanism. Therefore, its rate of fire is far lower than an equivalent revolver auto-cannon, but it has better accuracy and a little more punch. It is the only weapon actually housed in the mech's main body, although it isn't actually "powered" by the mech's engine (the auto-loading mechanism is completely negligible).
    The final weapon of the mech is the one that is mounted on the "tail", a mounted rotary (gatling) gun. This gun is a rapid-firing antipersonnel (read: keeps Creatures or saboteurs from getting too close) gun, and is controlled exclusively from the secondary cockpit. The tail is capable of bending up, down, forward, and backward somewhat, and is turret-like in that the base it's on can also rotate 360 degrees. Being set in the back of the mech, firing at the zone directly in front is slightly difficult (and generally handled by primary weapons anyway), so the "turret-tail" is most often used to cover the sides and back of the mech. The rotary gun is also used as the mech's primary anti-air weapon. Like the shot-cannon, the mechanisms for the rotary gun are negligible.

=Other Notes: The Storm Scorp mech is a fairly solid design. With its three cannons, it is capable to tangling with other tanks and mechs, but is often outgunned against any machine larger than itself. At long ranges, the shot-cannon is the only weapon of any use. While bigger mechs have significantly more firepower at longer ranges, the Storm Scorp's low profile is something of a help. The mech generally does better at closer ranges, when it can bring the full force of thunder and lightning to the battle. When using both of them in conjunction, the Storm Scorp can deliver a devastating one-two punch that can seriously hinder an enemy machine's operation. At close and melee ranges, the mech can actually be quite effective; like any other mech with arms, the Storm Scorp can use them as weapons, and at point-blank range, the primary cannons can be devastating. In melee with another mech, generally a bipedal one, its lower profile is something of both a hazard and a help; many other mechs can look down into the exposed open pilot's cockpit, but conversely, the mech often has easy access to the other mech's legs. Both primary cannons used on both legs at point-blank range can often decide a battle. Due to the mech's quadrupedal design, it cannot go into a full run or gallop like other bipedal mechs, but it has far more stability, and is quite agile as well, along with the capability of walking in any direction. The Storm Scorp has more armor than the average Aelisium light mech, but not by much; any decently heavy impact can still punch through or throw off some mechanisms.
  Against infantry or Creatures, the tail-gun is the most effective weapon. However, it mostly can only cover the sides and back of the mech--there's some difficulty in firing down front of it, both due to being set in the back and the inherent danger of firing over the main pilot's head. Thus, the mech is slightly weaker against a frontal approach by infantry or Creatures. At point-blank range, the best thing to be done is generally to attempt to crush the offending personnel, either with an arm or the whole front of the mech. Failing that, as a last-ditch effort, the main pilot can pull out a scattergun to deal with close threats.
  As the Storm Scorp is not capable of good speed over long distances, making such travel problematic, it has a special function; the wheels mounted on the legs joints are exactly that, wheels. The Storm Scorp can tuck its legs under itself and rest the wheels on the ground, giving it a much faster alternative form of transportation. However, the mech loses much of its combat capability when doing this; it often also has to fold up its arms as well for both power and stability purposes; generally, only the tail-gun remains active. Of course, the mech also sacrifices virtually all of its maneuverability when using the cumbersome wheels instead of legs, making this "mode" only used for long-distance transportation.

Other Equipment: Both brothers carry personal pistols, both made by Gezzemocht. They are not revolvers, only single-shot, but they aren't reloaded like muskets either; they're "cracked" open and a small "shell" is slid in (think a miniature sawed-off shotgun). In the main pilot's cockpit, there is the abovementioned full-sized scattergun for use of warding off any enthusiastic would-be boarders or pilot-killers. There is a compartment in the mech where all other personal possesions are kept; primarily all the tools used to repair the mech, but also rations, blankets, emergency kits and equipment, and anything else needed for those living on the move. They also have kept much of the standard equipment and outfitting they got while in the Aelisium military; their helmets, light armor, boots (though they handed in their uniforms), and other accessories, such as knives and protective masks.

History: The brothers grew up in an Aelisium town that was not close to the center of the nation, but not quite a border-town, either. As engineering savants and pilot prodigies were not an unusual thing across the Aelisium nation, both brothers were shaping up in that direction at an early age; Gezzemocht could build all sorts of gadgets and contraptions, while Gaakronacht displayed a knack for operating various machines used by the townsfolk.
  Calls for military service came around every now and then, and while the brothers weren't actually averse to serving, it took a few years for both to be old enough and ready, and they signed up together when they finally did join.
  Both were quickly matched up with their aptitudes; Gezz was put into the engineer division to work on various weapons and other machine projects, while Gaak was assigned as a field machine and vehicle operator. Eventually, both showed enough skill that Gezz was advanced to a lead engineer position, and Gaak was put in as a special mech-pilot. Gezz worked on much bigger projects, leading the creation of many prototype machines. Gaak was in the postion of live field-testing new prototypes mechs, especially ones of unusual designs; it seemed the stranger the mech, the better Gaak could pilot it. Finally, Gezz had gotten enough standing to initate a project of his own, one that he brought Gaak in on. The result of this project was the Storm Scorp.
  Both brothers we ecstatic when it was finally completed and tested. It was the best thing that Gezz ever built, as well as the best thing Gaak ever piloted. Both brothers went into the field with the Storm Scorp, contributing to battles against Ahkn'Ator and Voethfel, while the Storm Scorp saw them through it all.
  Eventually, the required service time drew close to its expiration date. While the Vaponci brothers and their mech made good contributions to some big battles, they heard that border towns were suffering from increasing small raids and pirate attacks. Instead of hiring full mercencary or privateer companies (which most border towns could not afford), these towns had taken up the practice of hiring many individuals to work together for single missions. The brothers decided they could do more good helping these small places--when their service time expired, they did not renew or extend it.
  The Vaponci brothers have been traveling from town to beleagured town, using the money they get from taking any contracts in the area (along with any other sufficiently armed people passing by) to maintain the Storm Scorp and supply themselves.

Personalities and Abilities: Gezzemocht and Gaakronacht are fairly typical brothers, enjoying needling each other but still caring very much for each other's well-being. Gezz is often the more serious of the two brothers, giving things thought and reasoning through a problem. Having mostly built the Storm Scorp and many if its componets, Gezz is a highly talented engineer. When operating the Storm Scorp, Gezz will usually take the secondary seat, controlling the tail-turret and having access to some of the mech's internals when needed (In the heat of battle, Gezz can often perform emergency, but temporary, repairs). Also, as Gezz of course built the mech, he is certainly capable of piloting the whole thing if such a need arises, he just can't do it with the same grace and finesse as his brother (he also can't aim the weapons very well).
  Gaak is the more frivolous of the two brothers, tending towards impulsiveness, and generally using intuition to solve a problem. Gaak tested and used many different mechs during his time in the military, and he is an excellent pilot. Gaak will usually be in the front main cockpit of the Storm Scorp, piloting the whole mech with skill that his brother never has, and is very good at placing shots with the mech's main weapons. Gaak aided in the construction of the Storm Scorp, and while he can effect minor repairs alone, he does not understand the mechanisms on the level his brother does, and cannot do much if there is a serious or delicate problem. However, if he is working under the direction of his brother, they can get far more repairs and other work done than his brother can alone.
  Having grown up in Aelisium and having served in the military, the Vaponci brothers don't like Creatures very much. However, not being near the core of the nation, they were not quite indoctinated with the fanatical hatred towards them. While going around the border-towns, the brothers actually have met neutral, friendly Creatures. They are still very cautions and initially mistrustful whenever meeting any new Creature, but if the Creature shows no hostility, the brothers will do the same.

Trivia: (coming soon...maybe.)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Basilisk gave me an idea.

I shall be writing up a character tomorrow.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 06, 2010, 10:15:58 PM

Oooh, I can't wait! :3

WhiteFox

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 06, 2010, 10:15:58 PM

First Keaton. Now llearch.

We're all doomed.

Mel Dragonkitty

Name: Dr. Adelaide Montegu, Healing Knight of the Order of St. Vesalius
Nickname(s):
Race: half angel/quarter demon/quarter being
Species: chinchilla/grey squirrel
Family: Not in contact with them

General Appearance:
Hair: hot pink, long and worn up in a tight bun decorated with a jeweled clip.
Eyes: black
Fur Coloration: light grey
Appearance: 5'6" and 140lb makes her very tall for a chinchilla. She has the typical large ears of a chinchilla but her tail is a bit longer and fluffier than normal due to her squirrel genes. Her wings are large and the feathers are white with black speckles, giving them a grey appearance from a distance. Her apparel consists of a long navy blue skirt, a white ruffled front shirt fastened at the neck with a brooch, and a leather vest that doubles as very light armor. Gloves are wore almost constantly. Over her clothing Adelaide wears a long white coat with gold trim, bright blue lapels, and red insignia showing her status as a doctor. She is wearing two belts. One is covered in small pouches that carry her medical supplies and the other is the holster for her battle hammer. Each pouch is magic enhanced to hold about double the supplies it would visually appear to hold.

Combat Abilities:
Strong magic user due to her heritage. Lightly trained in fighting by her Order. She is better than average but doesn't have true knight training.
Strengths: trained from childhood as a doctor/mage by the Order of the Knights of St. Vesalius. Typical light magic abilities. Angel/demon strength and speed.
Weaknesses: absolutely hates being touched. She actually isn't very good with her hammer due to training being limited by the Order, but she is frighteningly enthusiastic with it. Not able to harden her skin due to her mixed heritage.
Weapon(s): Battle hammer, enhanced to triple the strength of blow. Many of her medical tools can double as weapons. Her last defense is that her hair dagger is an actual dagger.

History:
Born in Voethfel, Adelaide was the third child of an angel chinchilla and a half-demon squirrel. One of five children she was left with the Order of the Knights of St. Vesalius as a young teen. This abandonment left her emotionally crushed. She was devastated a second time a few years later when told that the Order only trained females to be healers and she was denied full knight training. The final straw was when she returned to her family manor to show them she had graduated top in her class as a doctor and both her father and oldest brother denied knowing her. Addy has less emotions than your average shark.

She has only risen to the middle ranks of the order due to her rather laissez-faire attitude towards healing. She seems to alternate between near miracles and total disasters. Her Order has posted her all over the magic-friendly territories, moving her as soon as her bad attitude begins to irritate the locals. She can manage pretty manners in front of her superiors and this, plus her ability to pull off healing miracles, has saved her from being kicked out. This constant moving around has placed her at some of the hottest battles as well as some of the most boring backwaters. She is currently cooling her heels in a small and backwards border town in Nhylamar.

Disposition: Healing isn't really her calling, but she is very good at it when she's in the mood. She is cold, arrogant, and really doesn't like many people.

Trivia: Her wings came in two years after she was abandoned at the Order
Her clothing is extremely prissy and buttoned up, with only her face showing.
The brooch at her neck contains a cleaning spell so her clothing always stays clean and her coat blindingly white. She bought it after a series of demerits at school for not having her coat meet the teacher's standards.
Her father was an angel nobleman who abandoned three of his children at various religious orders around the continent because they didn't look like angels.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

techmaster-glitch

So, um....what nation is Adelaide from/did she grow up in? It sounds like she's from Voethfel, but it's not actually mentioned...

Tezkat

Name: Tezkat "Fang" Bloodfang

Race: Jaguar Incubus

Country of origin as well as current residence:

Born in the desert city state of Aenyr. Currently hanging out around Nhylamar.

Physical Description:

A handsome, athletic young panther with black fur, golden hair, and sapphire eyes. He wears three gold earrings in his left ear and a gold ring on his tail. He passes himself off as a Being or Demon, with blue and violet markings (including his clan mark) adorning black demonic wings.

He has a knack for magically altering clothing and changes his wardrobe regularly. Lately, he's become a fan of military coats and long, flowing scarves.

Equipment:

Tezkat wields a magic sword named Demonbane and a magically silenced revolver with assorted enchanted bullets. He rides a soulstone-powered magitech bike that flies on folding demonic wings.

Magical Abilities:

Tezkat taught himself to use his natural Cubi abilities and can easily alter wings or minor features, but complicated metamorphosis is beyond his current skills. He has, however, practiced shaping his body to approximate a new form and filling in the rest with illusion.

He is a genius illusionist, able to conjure exquisite imagery with a photographic memory for details and a talent for uncovering deepest fears. Casting simple glamours requires little more than a thought, but maintaining multiple or complex effects demands considerable concentration. His shadowy nature dampens spellcasting that manipulates the physical world.

His familiar, Ky, can shapeshift with ease, even into inanimate objects, and warp to previously visited locations.

History:

He grew up never knowing his real father, or even his real name. His mother raised him on the run, staying in one place only until their faceless pursuers drove them aboard the first ship to anywhere with little more than the clothes on their backs.

On one such voyage, disaster struck. The ship fell to pirates, who dragged the captives to their stronghold in the Demon Isles for sale into slavery... or worse. That was the last he saw of his mother. He was ten years old.

His new master, a young Demon named Than Bloodfang, named him Tezkat and took him to the jungle fortress of Myktlan. A training ground for Demons to flense the weak from their gene pool, Myktlan boasted wonders of dark magic and the collected wisdom of millennia. But each day promised new pain and terror. With only quick paws and wits to match physically and magically stronger Demons, mere survival became a thrilling game.

His Cubi abilities awakened unexpectedly at the age of fifteen, setting the stage for his escape from the Demon Isles. He stole a flying bike belonging to Than's older sister and fled to the mainland. He's on the run again, though he conceals his identity less often these days--almost as a challenge to the demons of his past to catch up with him. And, perhaps, provide him with answers... if he only knew the questions.

Trivia:

Aeris is very peeved about her bike and has placed a large bounty on his head. Fortunately, he's worth much more alive--she wants the pleasure of tearing him apart herself.

Tezkat never shows fear, finding it so delicious and energizing that he goes out of his way to court danger.

Although quicker than most Angels or Demons, he wears out easily and catnaps frequently.

The earrings are real, but his tail ring is actually a product of metamorphosis. It's a copy of the morphing amulet he used as a child, and it helps him focus his shapeshifting.

His natural wings sport iridescent blue and violet feathers, and his wing tendrils manifest as glowing shadows (as does Ky's true form). Displaying such evidence of his mysterious heritage makes him uncomfortable.

Without training to properly filter thoughts, large crowds can give him headaches. He typically solves this problem by drowning out the voices with hard liquor.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Ghostwish

Name: Challam Tal'Rael Seme
Race: Incubus
Country (both birthplace and residence): Nhylamar
Physical Description: Tall and lean with a lanky build, Chal is a recognizable fennec. His fur coat consists of a sandy brown overcoat with a white undercoat, and his eyes are a pale grey. His wings are yellow with black crests. He stands at 6'7 in height, and weighs just over 180 lbs. He typically wears a pair of tan jeans, and a simple, long-sleeved button-up shirt, with a vest over it. His clan symbol is on the outside of his left hand, so he frequently adds a pair of finger-less gloves to his ensemble.

Equipment: A single, steam-powered sniper's rifle. Yes, steam-powered. The device begins with the steam-chamber, which consists of a water-magic charged gem, which supplies the water, in unison with a fire-magic charged gem, which thereby creates the steam. The steam is carefully funneled into a pressure-sensitive chamber, which cuts off the paired-gem reaction when the pressure has reached a certain point. When the trigger is pulled, the chamber released the steam through a series of pipes and hoses into the 'firing' chamber, from which the round is forcibly ejected through the muzzle. Keyword: Forcibly. The chamber seals immediately afterward, and begins building up pressure again.

Be careful to note this 'reloading' process can take some time. It is suffice to say that the operator could easily fire a shot, reload the rifle through the manually operated lever-sealed slot, and aim in on his next target before the rifle is ready to fire again. Not a rapid fire weapon in any scenario.

Now, Challam could set the rifle into an overload state for a particularly nasty shot, but this is very risky, as a ruptured chamber would be most painful for the operator indeed.

Regardless, he regularly maintains the rifle, both checking the different parts of the gun and recharging the gems.

Magical Abilities: Standard fare for a cubi, meaning a well-rounded repertoire of both offense and defensive magics, with no exceptional abilities to note. He's a well-rounded generalist, meaning that anyone with a specialization would certainly have more power in their field than him, but he may have a few more tricks than they do.

History: Challam was born to a being father and succubus mother, who was the last of her clan after numerous incidents between the wars of the dragons and rival clans. Sadly, these tragedies followed her still, and both of Challam's parents were murdered. He nearly shared the same fate, if not for the fact that the cubis who murdered his family were all carrying bounties, and a cold and calculating being arrived in time to slay the offenders, only to notice the single survivor of the incident.

Be it by fate or by chance, this being apparently helped cubi just as often as he killed them, and took mercy upon the fledgling cubi. He delivered the shaken child to the one place he knew to take in orphan cubi, which was a holding of Clan Seme. He was promptly adopted, seeing how his own clan was non-existent.

Despite the rough start, the rest of his life progressed easily enough. He grew into his new family quite well, and passed through SAIA with an amazing lack of incidents. After graduating, he spent most of his life guarding holdings of Seme, and during that time, he began refining his marksmanship skills, and personally built his rifle.

Trivia:
Challam possesses a very easy going, introspective personality. He prefers to consider all possible solutions to a problem, but also likes quick decision making. He is often polite to strangers, although a tad distant, and many will simply remember him as the kindly rifleman.

And just as a side-note, seeing how we have both boxeh and keats in this storyline, I'm filing a life insurance policy on Chal right now. :P

Tipod

oh snap son

Name: Bart Thom'sen
Height: 6 feet, 1 inch
Weight: 195 pounds
Eye color: Dark red
Species: Demon, vaguely reptillian
Physical description: Relatively brawny and proportioned like your stereotypical hoodlum, Bart's overall frame is nothing particularly imposing. However, up close his form is disconcerting: very dark and rough flesh, hands which taper off into three-inch claws, prominent eyes, a mouth not unlike a small beartrap with assorted canines, and a lack of ears, hair, or nose. He carries himself rather casually, slouching and stretching his legs out whenever possible, and assumes an vaguely simian posture when moving quickly or fighting. No sign of wings, horns, or prehensile trail, but does sport a white Thom'sen family branding on his right bicep.

Current residence: Nhylamar
Backstory: The Thom'sen lineage is an extended family of demons descending from a single, obscure figure known simply as The Great Progenitor, a demon cursed for murdering fellow clan members and voraciously consuming their flesh and bones as part of a crazed purification ritual. The stigma of being outcasts and cannibals lasted well until the last millenia, when the clan moved from living underground to settling in a proper compound in Nhylamar.

Born out of wedlock between a Thom'sen mother and a father from the dogmatic demon Clan Jacobii, young Bartholomew would have been a healthy little canine Creature like his cousin Raffiele, but Jacobii would have none of it. Cursed from birth by their petty magics, Bart came out as an implacable monster, still demonic but with a bizarre lack of features. The Thom'sens dropped the issue immediately rather than risk an open feud by challenging Jacobii custom and authority.

A young Fury, Bart's history is full of benign jobs peppered with occasional scuffles with other Creatures, but with Anhk 'Ator looming over the horizon, he has taken the more proactive duty of gathering information and arrangements with whatever weapons dealers and gunsmiths he can find. The finest Thom'sen warriors need to be caught up with the latest trends before facing an insectis menace.

Personality: Casual and humorous, Bart often mingles quite well with anyone who isn't a complete monster. He is not quick to anger, doesn't pry into people's business, and can usually read someone's mood unless they're being obtuse. Like most of his cousins, Bart doesn't harbor much ill-will towards any particular species with exception to angels, feeling that they're manipulative and snide. Even then, a good angel will get a pass in his book.

Abilities: Like others in his family, Bart is gifted with great regenerative prowess and the typical demonic strength and reflexes, as well as a mystical affinity for fire; there's nothing he enjoys more than setting himself ablaze when fighting a particularly grabby opponent.

Unfortunately, that's where his advantages end. While he has a certain knack for pyromancy, the most he can do with it is set himself on fire and not be burned. Any other magical art is completely lost upon his undisciplined mind. His regenerative powers also have their limits, as decapitations and any shot that pierces the brain are impossible to recover from.

Possessions: Padded leather armor with metal inserts, heavy slacks, boots, iron facemask, backpack, hatchet, dagger, sewing kit, assorted stamped coins of silver and gold, family bible, white facepaint.

Trivia: -Like many others in his family, Bart is a firm believer of meritocracy.
-It took Bart his entire adolescent life to adjust to his "knife nails," and has accidentally cut people's wrists with them while attempting a friendly handshake on several occasions. He still has no idea how to retract them to a safe length.

Derp, needed area of residence listed.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

insidexml

Name: Sikici Bapetos
Race: Tiger (Angel) - Male
Country of origin as well as current residence: Voethfel
Physical Description: He stands at 5'11'', looking neither muscular nor fat nor skinny, nor that handsome, for that matter. In fact, with regards to looks, he's relatively average, and kind of plain. This doesn't really bother him, however, and he is stronger than he looks. Like all angels, he does have feathered wings, all orange except for an outline of black near the bottom.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Fur: Like a tiger's, white fur with black stripes in front, orange fur with black stripes in back

Equipment: Two thrusting daggers hidden away in the sleeves and strapped to forearms (8" blade, wide base). That's all, besides the essentials of life that one can carry with them (food, clothing, etc.).
Magical Abilities (if applicable): Moderately strong with light-based magic, and knows a good deal of healing spells. Leans towards defensive spells over offensive ones.

History: Born and raised in Voethfel, Sikici has rarely formed a strong opinion in regards to any issue. Sometimes he claims that it is because he is truly a neutral person, while other times he says that it is just because he's horribly indecisive. Either way, he has no qualms towards any race, which is good for anybody who seeks his services. Working as a wandering healer, Sikici moves around the country, seeking out those who require his healing spells. Of course, he does charge... well, when he can. Many times the people he treats are in no condition to pay, so Sikici doesn't ask for payment (although he does remember what he did, so as to check up on them later in the case that they can pay in the future).

Sikici believes he may be slightly crazy. It doesn't bother him or anything, though.
The thrusting daggers are to be used purely as a last resort. If magic could be used instead, magic will be used instead.
He can often be caught chanting to himself, quietly. When asked what he is chanting, Sikici will make a casual remark about the weather, and then start chanting again. In truth, he is attempting to create a spell that will cure his mother, who has one of those 'incurable' diseases. It is why he became a healer, after all. Oh, and profit. And power.
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

Azlan

This one is approved and now posted.

Name:  Locke "The Starfire Count" Pyrinost-Highwynd

Race:  Angel

Country of origin as well as current residence: Born in the city of Ar'Koyaen in the March of Pyrinost of the nation of Sevastia'Nyad.  Currently goes where ever the currents take him.

Physical Description: Pale gray fur with fine light purple (Han) head hair and black spots with black striped facial features (a cheetah's black tear streak face markings) and a white front side.  His eyes are ruby red.  He is a feline, specifically a cheetah.  His manner of dress varies from an ensemble consisting of a burgundy smoking jacket (tuxedo type) with black cuffs, black vest, white ruffled shirt, gray ascot and black pants to a fine military uniform of the Sevastia'Nyad Aeroforce (SNA).
Locke stands just short of 6' with a light, wiry build and average mass.  He is a good physical structure for someone who tinkers with machines a lot.    

Equipment:
•   Arcrael:  Ancient heirloom from old Voethfel.  Finely made enchanted saber bearing the symbols of Pyrinost and Highwynd.  The blade 'glows' black, casting no light, but it sears flesh when it cuts.
•    Dueling Pistol-wand that operates similar to a revolver, though it fires bolts of force rather than bullets.  Very rapid in recharge between firing.
•   Cannon-rod long arm: The equivalent of a being-infantry light cannon, but due to possessing a creature's strength, he can employ it as a long arm.  Fires an explosive blast that is impressive, but the weapon is very slow recharge between uses.
•   Flamehaze: An excellently maintained Swift class Corvette manufactured by the Averdeen Aeronautics Corporation of Sevastia'Nyad.  She employs a solar wave-induction soul crystal matrix main drive and is a very fast, sleek aeroship.  Well armored, but lightly armed with flak cannons and magical bolters.  The one exception is the Storm Fire main gun, fixed forward in what is typically called a 'spinal mount', which can give even a line/rated warship pause.  The Flamehaze should require a reasonable sized crew, but is somehow automated with the Captain able to handle the operation of the vessel with ease.

Magical Abilities (if applicable): Locke seems to possess magical abilities, but does not do much if any casting.  He seems to channel what power he has into artificing.

History:  Locke is the son of the Marquess and Marchioness of Pyrinost.  He is a count himself by title, having been granted the County of Highwynd Vale, though a steward administrates it while he studies abroad.  Originally attending the Arlanever Academy of Arts in the capital, he acquired his ship through 'interesting' means and set out to see the world and for adventure.  In his time plying the airstreams, he has ended up as an unwitting privateer and something of an august adventurer.  He earned the nickname of "The Starfire Count" from the Aeliseium airship merchants for his propensity to attack at the twilight (colloquially known as the "fire of the stars" among aeroners).

Locke is an engineer and tinkerer by education and desire.  He can blend magic and mechanics into a beauty of form and function.  A unique blending of arts that many see as the true future of the world.  His greatest creation was Flamehaze herself, not the aeroship frame, but the soul within her.  Locke managed to tap the living soulstone matrix, and as a side effect of increased efficiency and perpetual energy loop, a type of life came into being.

Locke hates responsibility and doesn't really want to be a royal.

Locke has managed to avoid bloodshed in his raids on shipping.

He treats Flamehaze as his sister.

He had a crew once, but he doesn't talk about what happened to them.  The cabins on the ship still have a lot of personal effects in them.

Edit: Spelling corrections and italics for a name.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Tapewolf

So, assuming that all the posted bios have been approved (not casting aspersions, but I can just see someone walking in and posting one at random :3 ), that's about 17 players so far, right?

Gabi

Wow, even if only half the players actually play, this game can be quite active. (And mysterious: we'd be wondering how we'd ended up with a half player).

Anyway, why so many Cubi?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on March 08, 2010, 07:23:06 AM
Anyway, why so many Cubi?

Here's a breakdown:

1. Being  (Gabriel)
2. Being  (Arroyo)
3. Cubi   (Paige)
4. Cubi   (Stephan)
5. Being  (Anabelle)
6. Cubi   (Seth)
7. Being  (Kyirri)
8. Being  (Ashlynn)
9. Undead (Lucy)
10. Cubi  (Zelah)
11. Being (Vaponci brothers)
12. half-Angel (Adelaide)
13. Cubi (Tezkat)
14. Cubi (Challam)
15. Demon (Bart)
16. Angel (Sikici)
17. Angel (Locke)
18. Angel (Sir Cyril)
19. Cubi (Keaton)

Beings: 6
Cubi: 7
Angel: 4 (counting Adelaide)
Undead: 1
Demon: 1

(...I've counted Techmaster's brothers as a single person for this exercise)

Lisky

Heh, interesting breakdown of things.

I also notice the Nhylamar has the largest population too...  >:]

I'm looking at getting the IC up either tomorrow or Wednesday.  Welcome aboard all who've been approved, and as always, if there's any major questions that you'd like answered, here, PM, Email, AIM or MSN all work.

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->