Let Mardi Gras begin!

Started by Ryudo Lee, February 07, 2010, 10:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryudo Lee

As one of the few, if not the only (I don't really know for sure) Louisiana resident(s) on this board, it is my duty to proclaim the following:

The Saints won the Superbowl!  Hell has officially frozen over!

WHO DAT! WHO DAT!  WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS!

Thoughts on the game and/or the commercials?  I'm sure lots of people here watched it.

Even before the game ended, people were already outside singing and dancing and setting off car alarms and fireworks.  After the game, we went outside to watch the fireworks, and you could hear from all directions people honking their car horns as they drove through the neighborhoods and down the highway.  The French Quarter is a gigantic party right now.  And this tuesday there will be a parade in honor of the Saints.  It was going to happen whether or not they won, but now it will be all the better!  And then next week is Lundi Gras and Mardi Gras.  With all the celebrations going on, someone in the church is gonna have to cancel Ash Wednesday for us. :3

If you're itchin' for a party, now's the time to come and visit New Orleans!

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Darkmoon

I caught the last few minutes of the game. That was a great effort on the part of the Saints, but the Colts crumpled in the last 2:00. Payton couldn't throw a pass, and even when he got it near someone, they just couldn't catch when it counted. Sad... but not unexpected. The Colts always fold under pressure.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Kafzeil

Been somewhat busy today, so I caught neither the game, nor the commercials.

Still, nice to see you guys won. First Time Winning the Super Bowl too. Hopwefully many more for the Saints.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

rabid_fox

I read an article in a newspaper that directly accredited the handball team with the rejuvenation of New Orleans. I am distant and cannot comment. Thoughts on this opinion, original poster person?

Oh dear.

Ryudo Lee

Well this will definitely help out in terms of tourism.  More tourists means more money in our local economy.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!