Dungeons and Dragons

Started by Cogidubnus, January 25, 2010, 07:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradypodidae

techmaster-glitch and fellow comrades:

I'm not sure why, but for some reason family and friend activities are spiking to most unusual heights this weekend. With talks of cookouts, parades, and even fireworks. Most odd. The point is it seems I will not be available tomorrow (Saturday 3 July 2010) for our session of DnD. My apologies. If the team can still gather in my absence, I am sure Tech can drag Horl along with the rest of the adventurers. Should my situation change, I will try to join you. Have fun, and be safe, whatever your plans are for this weekend.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

techmaster-glitch

Advance announcement to my players;

It is -possible-, but not a surefire thing yet, that there will again be no session this week. I've been kept busy with school and distracted by other things, and haven't been able to work on a map for the next area/encounters. I'm going to do my best to pull something together in time, but my schedule for the next few days doesn't look good. Keep checking here for status updates and a final confirmation if there will or will not be a session.

Many apologies!

techmaster-glitch

Update of above announcement;

Here's the deal; I've got something together that I will continue working on in the morning that could suffice for a session. However, depending on how this next section of the game goes, you will go down one of two branching story paths, which I haven't the time to work on yet. The session itself might be short, as soon as the next area is resolved, the session will be concluded as I have not yet drawn up either of the next two branches after that. It will also be a no-combat session, it will likely be just roleplaying (not necessarily a bad thing, but that's what this update is for). In addition to this, Brady has informed me he will not be present tomorrow, though he can try to make it next week (though that's not certain), but he will be back for sure the week after that.

So, it's up to you; E, Andromeda, Ghostwish. We can either do this session tomorrow, or next week.

If we do it tomorrow, Brady will not be around, and the session will likely be concluded early for lack of the next area. Based on how the next area is resolved, I will begin working on the next story branch during the week for the next few sessions. However, if Brady is unable to make it next week, there will not be a session, as I'm not willing to be missing a same person two sessions in a row.

If we do it next week, there is the possibility Brady might be able to attend, and the session also might not have to be concluded early, if I've got both story branches worked out in time. But, we've already missed one week of a session, and I don't know if anyone wants to miss another.

Those are your options; Go ahead with the game tomorrow, or delay another week. Post your response here before what would be the gametime tomorrow (or just catch me on the chat in the morning). As there are three of you, the decision will be determined by best 2 out of 3, or unanimous (whatever the case may be).

Andromeda

*sighs*  I hope this doesn't become a trend.
Well, excuse me for being a mere mortal.

e_voyager

i was long gone to work by the time you posted. and as brady won't be there lets call the session off and i'll grab a few more hours of sleep. unless by tomorrow you mean Sunday. any way i go rest now
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

techmaster-glitch

Alrighty. For this week (tomorrow, Saturday), Casafi has informed me she is unable to attend. If Brady can show up tomorrow, then we should be okay for a game. If Brady is also unable to attend, there will be no game this week.

e_voyager

thank you keep us posted and i'll check before work tonight and when i get in ins 20 hours to be sure.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Ghostwish

Brrraaaiiinnnnssss..

I mean, cool!

Nnnnrrr..

techmaster-glitch

If you see this, E, we are playing today.

techmaster-glitch

Announcement to all my players;

Even though I've got the next adventure to plan out and schoolwork to do this week, there's something important that I'll need to work with everyone on before this Saturday; leveling up. Now, I went over the calculations of the EXP gain from last session that hasn't been recorded yet, and even tossing in some story EXP, it's not quite enough to really get everyone to the next level, so -just this once-, I'm going to DM-bump eveyone up enough to get to level 4 anyway, before the next adventure starts.

To help speed things along so we don't have to spend more time than necessary on this, I'll be doing a few things on everyone's character sheets automatically; saves and BaB increases, automatic class features, spells per day, etc. Anything that doesn't actually require input from you will be done for you ahead of time, the only things left will be the things you must actually choose for your character; spells known, feats, variable features, and the ever-so-lovely first increase to a base ability score ;)

Try catching me after 5:30 or later my time, as that's when I will usually be home and hopefully have my homework already done. We'll get through upping everyone's characters, hopefully in enough time for this week's session. Seeya around!

e_voyager

email me my copy and i'll update my locals.

techmaster-glitch

Update:

Alright, I fixed up everyone's sheets and updated everyone halfway to level 4, only filling in and editing things that happen automatically like I said (saves, automatic class abilities, etc). Everything else is left unupdated, so you still gotta catch me so we can fix those up. On another note, I reorgianized and consolidated everyone's notes on txt files (backstory, hp per level rolls, EXP, and spells known if applicable), to follow an easy standard format for tracking this misc information. Both of these files, the pdf sheet and txt notes, are up on the gmail account in your own drafts. Retrieve them from there.

Andromeda

I believe I finished my sheet.  Hope I did anyway.

Tomorrow night I have an anime club meeting and will be leaving at 6:30pm est. to head on over to BO's house.  He's  hosting for a change!  Too bad he doesn't live in town. 

Remember, next Saturday I won't be hear because I will be out of town doing that AirSoft/Roleplaying event for charity.

techmaster-glitch

To my group;

Alrighty, as you guys know, we were not able to have a session last saturday because Casa wasn't around. While I haven't heard confirmation yet, she should be returning this week, and if she does, then we will indeed be having a game this saturday.

So, unless I announce otheriwse, there should be a game this saturday. Let's see what happens...

Andromeda

As far as I know, I'll be here this Saturday for game.

bradypodidae

Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Andromeda

At least you guys don't tick me off, lol.

Ghostwish

Andromeda

Only you tick me off, Ghostwish.  And since it's not your game, then no one in this game has.

Ghostwish

Huh? Sorry, I was too busy staring at your avatar. Did you say something?

*runs away cackling*

Andromeda

e_voyager

50/50 chance that i'll be there

Ghostwish

Draken

Hi, I'm new, and I'd like to join a game or get into a new one. Anyone else want to play/interested in dm-ing a game?
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Ghostwish

Well hey there! I'm running an eberron game currently, and I know Tech is too. I guess the real question is what times would you be available? My game runs Thursday evenings, and Tech's runs on Saturday. Which one would be better for you?

Draken

Uh...Well, thursdays I get out of work 6:00 pm ish, Central.  Saturdays are typically free, barring unknown circumstances.  So both could work, depending on when Thurs would be.
Go get'em, Jy!

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Ghostwish

Oh, mine kicks off at 7:30, central. I don't think Tech's has a set time, it's pretty much when everyone shows up. Heck, if you want, you could shoot for both games?

Draken

I...uh...well, cool.  But I would need to roll up a new character...Completely new to this, aside from hear-say.
Go get'em, Jy!

Ghostwish

Well, scratch one, Tech's game is full.

Do you, by any chance, have any messengers? Could you send one to me in a private chat, and I'll chat to you tomorrow?

e_voyager

so are you saying your game is still open ghost?